Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

Hope you punched some airholes so they can breath. Nice 'before' picture. Looks (looked?) sharp! :optimist:

Do I spy a '72 Vette in the background?

Good eye.  It is a 1970 Corvette Stingray.  It is for sale right now too.  I no longer have time to race SM, keep up with the needs of a 40 year old car and spend time with my 4 year old and wife.  

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

What motor is in it? I use to work in a Corvette repair shop and got to test drive a lot of different Vettes. The 1970 LT1 was my favorite. What a kick in the ass.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

What motor is in it? I use to work in a Corvette repair shop and got to test drive a lot of different Vettes. The 1970 LT1 was my favorite. What a kick in the ass.

454 with 4-speed M22 rock crusher trans.  

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

You presume a lot my good man. Allow me to suggest that you know nothing about my circumstances.

PS: I'm not complaining, just stating facts.

You're right and I shouldn't assume things based on what you write. You did mention several facts in your posts...my bad for assigning a motive for them.

Ron

RAmotorsports

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

454 with 4-speed M22 rock crusher trans.

Bitchin! I think I'd keep it and sell the Miata. :scratchchin:

No worries Ron.

Y'all might need antifreeze at MIS this weekend. Good luck all. :thumbsup:

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Bitchin! I think I'd keep it and sell the Miata. :scratchchin:

No worries Ron.

Y'all might need antifreeze at MIS this weekend. Good luck all. :thumbsup:

Didn't know you used y'all up there. AS a northerner growing up in the south I have spent the last ten years breaking them of the y'all habit

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Didn't know you used y'all up there

Result of living with Carolina girl for 25 years. I can give you many examples of Ohio farmboy dialect too. Frinstints (for instance), Newark, Ohio is pronounce "Nerk, Ahia."

When Deb first moved to Ahia she worked in radio. Hearing her accent a DJ told her "I can fix that."

She said, "Fix what?"

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Day of practice n the books, the usual suspects were fast...

Bednarz, Williams, Anderson 2, Novak... 

Best laps of the day were 131's , who says renting a track 6 months dont pay off???

Qualifying in the morning at 8:35!  Should be fun,  had a blast today learning a new track, sure it a lot trickier than it looks!

My money is is on Novak for tomorrow! so far it looks the rest of us will fight it out for the rest of the spots...

So far all of my objectives have been met or exceeded, have had a ton of fun wih some of my best racing friends!!!

Had some good laughs with Novak, Frank, and who knew tha Kieth Mellen dude is pretty funny :) Just finished a late night track walk with Mike and the better looking half also the  Faster third  of the Novaks :)   alot of grey hair on the fast one.

Glad I got talked into coming up here to the great white north where we awoke to light frost this morning and saw a snow flury when parking last night, followed by cold rain. 

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Glad I got talked into coming up here to the great white north where we awoke to light frost this morning and saw a snow flury when parking last night, followed by cold rain. 

Talk to some of those that raced Gingerman a few years ago, first national race of the season to the tune of 8-10 inches of that stuff the sate is know for.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Todays SM race:

Bednarz, Novak, and Anderson 2 on podium Bednarz won with a pass on Novak on the last lap. 

Tomorrow qualifying race grid:

Bednarz

Novak

Andersen

Webb

Williams

Slattery

Lukritz

Spencer

Billicki

Mellen

Todaro

Hamilton

Piku

Novak ( the nicer one)

Top 5's fast laps to set the grid were within 1 second! and my fast lap came after my spin that created 1/8 toe in on the front which dont work to good with a mile long straight :)

Great group of people to race with, no drama...  Everyone seemsto be having a good time, I know I am havingthe mnost fun weekend I have had in a long time even after being spun while in P3.  Should be some good racing tomorrow...

Congrats to Bednarz for a nice win, and Novak for a valient effort, and Andersen for a nice race!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Thanks for the updates Kyle

Congrats to Bednarz, Novak and Andersen

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

mellen

mellen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:87

Just got back from MIS. Great weekend of racing and meeting new people. had a blast racing with Frank Todaro,Jeff Luckritz, Josh Bilicki. looking forward to seeing you all again Friday at Mid-Ohio.

todays race finish

Bednarz

Novak

Webb

Andersen II

dropped out after 4 laps, not sure what happened

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting HOLY SHIT........WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dbednarz

dbednarz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:68

Wow, what a weekend!

First, special thanks to Chris Williams, Rusty Unterzuber, and Dave Wheeler for helping me solve my blown fuse issue - which caused my engine to suddenly shut down during Saturday morning qualifying, with no CEL light. It was a fuse in the engine bay, not under the dash. It is this type of support and camaraderie that makes Spec Miata the best class on the track!

MIS was a pleasant surprise. The infield was much more technical than I expected, with a lot of runoff area in the infield. The "orange-cone hairpin" entering the NASCAR oval was much safer than running straight at a wall.  The viewing areas on top of the suites were open to everyone, and had a great view of the track.  On the down-side, the track really needs curbing at the tight right hander, there was gravel in that corner almost every session and track out had a huge rut if you put two wheels off. The infield is pretty narrow in most places. Overall, WMR did a good job running the event, it ran well.

Saturday's race was a strategy battle between, Mike Novak, Bruce Andersen, and myself. On the last lap, Bruce was challenging, Mike for the lead in the infield, and gave Mike a look inside entering the banking.  This appeared to push them both to track out early and lift on the exit. My exit was perfect, had a great run, and with the help of the draft, passed them both before the finish line!

Sunday's race was a battle between Mike Novak, Kyle Webb, and myself, after Bruce lost a transmission early.  My early lead was short lived when Mike and Kyle worked together to catch me mid-way.  A back marker messed up Kyle, he lost the draft, and I was able to pass Mike a few laps from the end and get the win!

-DavidB

Attached File  MIS Last Lap b.jpg   105.6KB   12 downloads

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

The weekend was my favorite since the Watkn glen Dbl National in 2011...

The track was very easy to learn but hard to go fast.  Great clean racing by all, it seemed a bit disorganized but ended up coming together.

Now for the real bad, TECH...   I cannot express my disapointment enough with this part, every time dealing with tech there was one indivdual that must have been put on earth to just harass all racers to assure they never want to come back to a WMR event.  This persons attitude needs a real improvment orneeds reasigned to another duty, TECH is your first line of CUSTOMER SERVICE, something the WMR is greatly lacking the moment you walk or drive into the TECH shed, from going in to voluntary weigh to impound afterwards.  Heard from a few races they would probably not ome back, not sure if this was an influencing factor or not but it makes me notwant to come back and makes me not want to go to Gingerman!

Good part of Tech was that Barry from OVR region was there and acted as a buffer to the ill will, also he actually made sure that SM got responsible PERORMANCE ISSUE TECH.  On saturday I cannot say all what got teched but I do know that top 3 was checked to make sure they were not by-passing the alternators amongst other things.  On sunday top 3 were all weighed and RP pulled and measured.  There was never any issues with th top 3 cars either day!

The other bad thing about this track was that while they have some of the best track cleaning machines in the world fr NASCAR appently they never used it for us.  Someone litteraly oiled down the etire track on Saterday night so the crew layed oil dry the fast line through the entire track and did not remove the oil dry before Sunday morning activites.  Its not muh fun running thruough oil dry for your race, thank god we were not group1 tey blew most of it off for us beforeour race. 

I just want to say Congrats to Bednarz and Novak for their consistency at podiuming and running 2 really great races.  It was two bad Bruce blew a trans it was shapping up to be a 4 way battle for the podium untill that unfortunate event. 

Mid ohio should be the most competitive at Mid Ohio that we have seen since the NASA nationals, with everyone from the MIS podiums coming as well as the National Champ.

K. Webb