Photo

WMR presents "The Majors at MIS' 5/25, 5/26

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I talked to Shawn and his dad and they may think it time to find a good 99 :)

Ralph, was lunch served to the 1.6er's in the form of torque entering the oval and getting up through the gears?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats to all the podium guys, been out all weekend, sitting in the airport now.
Whoever was treated improper openly by this tech official should send a letter to your area box rep, butch Kummer, jeff Dahnert and your local officials. If no one puts this on record, it will just continue. Complaining here does nothing
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Congrats to all the podium guys, been out all weekend, sitting in the airport now.
Whoever was treated improper openly by this tech official should send a letter to your area box rep, butch Kummer, jeff Dahnert and your local officials. If no one puts this on record, it will just continue. Complaining here does nothing
Jim

You guys must be talking about ED.  He is different but usually harmless.  He likes to let you know he is in charge and nit pick about silly things like shop manuals, etc.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Didn't see much tech or scaling of cars except top 3 on Sunday.  Did see them pull restrictors on Sunday but didn't see them measure them.  Maybe they did, does anyone know?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:76

Overall, a fun event. MIS is definately very different than anything else in GLDIV/CENDIV. Raced most of Sunday without a drafting partner and that made things difficult. Everybody seemed to mind their P's and Q's both days. Had a good time racing with Hamilton, Mellen, Todaro and a few others in 8th-11th.

If you have any suggestions for the SBR/DET race at GingerMan in July, please shoot me an e-mail and we'll see what we can do to make the event even better. For those of you that haven't been to GingerMan, I encourage you to come up and give it a try. Bring your girl friend and/or wife and play tourist if you can. South Haven is a gorgeous town on Lake Michigan.

Good job WMR.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Didn't see much tech or scaling of cars except top 3 on Sunday.  Did see them pull restrictors on Sunday but didn't see them measure them.  Maybe they did, does anyone know?

All 3 were measured for all to see!  Saturday tech was much more thourough! There were a few things checked, I was not involved in the tech that day so I am not sure of everyting but I do know that if your alternator was being bypassed you werent gonna pass tech :)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Dave Cox

Dave Cox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:Blackhawk Valley
  • Car Number:23

I was told they are going to put in curbs for next year.

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9
I like most had a great time time this weekend. Thanks to Dave, Bruce, and Kyle for racing so clean all weekend. I expected the track to be simple, but I found the infield much like COTA, force the car in and you will be in trouble for the next corner.

Tech- Weight, alt, kill switch, something in the front end, RP. Between Sat and Sun.

Kyle and Frank--- Thanks for coming up to the great white north. Kyle I thought Sunday might be your day, when I saw you moving up, sorry that the lap traffic took you out for the win, but 3rd is not to bad. Can't wait for next weekend to race with all of the rest of the Amish in Ohio. :)

Ti-Speed power- Cant say enough, engine has been great everywhere.
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

My wife took some great pics this past weekend at MIS.  I made them public on Flickr if anyone wants to snag copies for themselves.  Well, if you were hanging around 7th through 12th, you are in a lot of them.  Some great full grid shots for you non-mid-pack runners.

http://www.flickr.co...s/14624743@N06/

Speedycrw

Speedycrw

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Number:55

An absolutely great job Dave!  Congrats to Mike, Bruce, and Kyle as well for podiums....gotta get my act together...lotta of fourth places this year!  Really fun running with Shawn on Saturday....I got some great video of you negotiating the infield Shawn :)  Good to see everyone again..Pat, Sean, Mike, Dave, Alex.  Nice to meet and race with Doug and Keith, great job by Kristen Novak this weekend as well.  Way to stick with it Frank...you posted some really nice times by the end of the weekend!  Good luck to all at MidO, wish I could make it, see you at Gingerman!

Chris Williams
2000 Spec Miata Orange #55
NASA Great Lakes Spec Miata Series Director

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Jim

My email was sent to Dayle Frame this morning and he has responded to me, as well as sent my email to the RE.  I encourage the rest of you who had issues to please send letters of your own.  My interactions is but one account.  This absolutly just needs to stop, and no way will it end without us writing letters.  Please follow through and stand up for yourself just as I have.  There is no reason we should tollerate how we were treated. 

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Number:76

My email was sent to Dayle Frame this morning and he has responded to me, as well as sent my email to the RE.  I encourage the rest of you who had issues to please send letters of your own.  My interactions is but one account.  This absolutly just needs to stop, and no way will it end without us writing letters.  Please follow through and stand up for yourself just as I have.  There is no reason we should tollerate how we were treated. 

+1 on the e-mail communication. Please, please let the Race Chair/RE know whenever you have issues. That's the only way we get improve events!

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Just to be clear to everyone reading through this thread. The weekend was great! Dayle and all of the SCCA did a excellent job of putting this new event together. The whole group was very friendly and made it fun for all involved.  The problem came down to one person in Tech. He was short with me all weekend too, but I will stay out as I am not out there volunteering my time like he was. Without me the race goes on, without the volunteers there is no race....  I wish he could be nicer, as I like most was not trying to cause any issues.

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Jim

Based on my experience at VIR for the Major and then a couple weeks later at a VIR regional, the Club is listening.  I'm not sure the Tech issue at VIR was as bad as what you guys are describing at MIS, but it wasn't great. 

The same individual at VIR, that was putting out a less than welcoming attitude, just a couple weeks later at a VIR regional, was just fine.  After my Tech check in I got a "Thank you for coming to VIR"  Wow, what a turn around.  That change continued throughout the weekend.  So don't feel it is a waste of time to voice your concern.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51

Just to be clear to everyone reading through this thread. The weekend was great! Dayle and all of the SCCA did a excellent job of putting this new event together. The whole group was very friendly and made it fun for all involved.  The problem came down to one person in Tech. He was short with me all weekend too, but I will stay out as I am not out there volunteering my time like he was. Without me the race goes on, without the volunteers there is no race....  I wish he could be nicer, as I like most was not trying to cause any issues.

+1  Great weekend.  WMR is always a polite group.  

The tech group in questions is know around the region to talk down to racers.  It is known to avoid them if you need an annual.  Yes I have read the GCR, but no I have not memorized it word for word.  That's why I carry it with me and why there is also a copy in tech for reference and a copy just two clicks away on my phone.  No need to make us feel stupid over something small.  I didn't have any major issues with tech this weekend, but have had issue in the past with annual inspections.

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

The politeness thing has to work both ways.  I've witnessed (and recently) a driver or two that were pretty rude to tech and grid people.  SCCA is incredibly fortunate to have the huge network of volunteer workers that it has and I often feel that we drivers don't do enough for them.  A polite thank you or short friendly conversation goes a long way.  I'm not at all defending a rude worker but as drivers I think we have the better end of the deal more often than not.  

Personally I think we drivers should show up at the worker parties with name tags on and fetch them another beer or whatever they want.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

This past weekend at the Farm tech folks pushed me/my car ( one man show) in and out of the tech shed to which I said, thank you all, have a great day. :D

I always found the folks at Indy Raceway Park, Gingerman, Grattan and Mud Ohio to go over the top to make the weekend funer. BUT, the guard types at Mud Ohio were in a league of their own that did nothing to promote in a positive fashion.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

The politeness thing has to work both ways.  I've witnessed (and recently) a driver or two that were pretty rude to tech and grid people.  SCCA is incredibly fortunate to have the huge network of volunteer workers that it has and I often feel that we drivers don't do enough for them.  A polite thank you or short friendly conversation goes a long way.  I'm not at all defending a rude worker but as drivers I think we have the better end of the deal more often than not.  

Personally I think we drivers should show up at the worker parties with name tags on and fetch them another beer or whatever they want.  

I often stop yo say personal thank you to workers at every race...

I was even very nice to the rude worker even thanking him several times even after he was rude to me in an attempt to make him more friendly it was useless

K. Webb