MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Thank you scca for 14 minute qual session. I'm so glad we got off track in time to line up for a photo opp.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta

Thank you scca for 14 minute qual session. I'm so glad we got off track in time to line up for a photo opp.

The sessions today were shortened from 20 minutes to 15 to make up the hour lost when all activity was shut down during this morning's deluge(s). Yes real racers can drive in the rain, but the severe lightning was the reason for the shutdown. Danny managed to improve on his Tuesday time set with no third gear, but no one else in the top 25 came within two seconds of their Tuesday best. If you'd had the extra two laps (five minutes) would you have taken the other two seconds off your time necessary to improve your grid position?

For those not here and/or thinking the photo op was BS, you need to talk to the drivers that participated. The phrase, "That was f*cking COOL!!!" was heard more than once after it was over. And yes, it WAS f*cking cool...

Butch Kummer

Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (2012-2014)

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Butch,

Ask Jim Drago your question about what you can do in the last two laps of qualifying, since you must not think the lowly p31s opinion on the subject matters. Traffic was horrible just like it was Tuesday, clean laps are precious and cutting time for BULLSHIITT photo opps is ridiculous.

I was standing around 20+ drivers and the most common quote wasn't this is fudging awsome, it was "what a waste of my time". You can tell me it's raining outside when you are pissing down my back but don't you dare question the value of my time. Every lap on that track is precious to me. It means time away from my family and responsibilities. Feel free to come see me tomorrow, I'm in the west paddock spots 60-62. I will be the one with gotee and orange t shirt on, I have already discussed at length this weekend with an SCCA board member the clubs inability to focus on the members fun factor.

Michael Ross
MPR22
  • Muda, Marc Cefalo and Stix37867 like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Gatoratty

Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:3
Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's race! Just being in this run group is an accomplishment.
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Conditions tomorrow look to be similar to today with a pretty good chance of rain in the forecast for morning and clearing some around noon.  Won't make for a fast track, but we're all driving on the same pavement and through the same air.  Looking forward to some very close racing and all green laps  :prayer: .  If we can keep it together as a group it should be a race for the ages throughout the entire pack.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

If we can keep it together as a group it should be a race for the ages throughout the entire pack.  

Tom, how about a bit of, off the wall. Maybe an imprompto cold pit meeting by qualifying driver of position 1, 21, 41, 61 should take a lead (hey it's the drivers class) roll charged with talking to the suceeding drivers about minding their P's and Q's including suggesting everyone need to fnish 13 GREEN FLAG laps to finish the race.  

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Y'all only get 13 laps?!? What a rip. hopefully all will be green. The guys in 10-15 better step it up the first couple laps and get in a good spot before any accidents slow the race down.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Best of Luck to all tomorrow. Turning in, not that I will sleep much :)

In short, car is good, driving well, hoping it is dry! Wet could be a disastrous race and the carnage could be really high. Not sure how many realize the amount of spray off the Hoosier H20, but it is significant and almost blinding.  

I want to thank my guys, all four cars have been spot on all week and most importantly, we were dialed in off the trailer. All four of us were real close on balance and that enabled us to put up the numbers early. The Runoffs can be brutal and unfair.  Many guys who are solid contenders are outside the top 20 because of one mediocre session or mechanicals in that session. It could have happened to anyone.  Very proud that I have been on the pole here three years running, managed to be the fastest in each dry session this year, hoping for a good race and a shot at the title, that is all any of us wants, a shot. 

A sincere best of luck to all!

Jim

• Armando Ramirez likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

Has anyone had any trouble playing the speedcasttv feed on an android phone?

obxer

obxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I can't get speedcast to work on my android either. Also,I can't get all the results to come up on the scca page. I'm trying to find the T4 grid if anyone has it. 

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

I can't get speedcast to work on my android either. Also,I can't get all the results to come up on the scca page. I'm trying to find the T4 grid if anyone has it. 

T4 grid:  http://scca.cdn.race.../t4 prov q3.pdf

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

Is it possible to view the SpeedcastTV in full screen (on a PC/laptop)?

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Number:29

Full screen is not working on my laptop

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

looks pretty dry for the SM race

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

obxer

obxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

T4 grid:  http://scca.cdn.race.../t4 prov q3.pdf

Thanks!

obxer

obxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

looks pretty dry for the SM race

just checked the weather radar for that area - no rain showing!

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

Has anyone had any trouble playing the speedcasttv feed on an android phone?

It isn't like Android has any market share.  Why would they want to support it?  Who would want to watch it full screen either?  Drago actually loses 10 lbs in the postage stamp window they give you.  Hope he makes weight in tech. ;)

Ribbing aside, it is nice to at least get to see it live!

As a trick you can use the zoom feature of your browser (ctl-+ in FF) to enlarge the window

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

obxer

obxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

photon browser will work for speedcasttv on your android. I tried it but it has annoying pop up advertising in the free version. 

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

And I thought NASCAR commentary was vapid. My God, I wish I could erase hearing Randy Pobst from my memory.

• Bench Racer likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

holy crap

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users