- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

Protech Racing

Protech Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Sorry to offend anyone RE SCCA. I have raced SCCA, SCCA PRO, (Trans AM), NASA, NASCAR,Chumpcar, etc.
I appreciate the SCCA for intent, and that there are many great people volunteering their time. At the same time, I have watched it work for too long and have a unbiased picture of what happens. Just too slow to respond. The MINI is still in H stock for solo. that shows where it is at.

Who is on the SMAC, what cars do they race, what do they do for a living? Just the facts please.
I apologize if I am wrong. Please prove me so. Thanks,MM

I/ we, race lots of cars. The SM was bought for my Son by a Lotus driving Solo customer. The base line was taken, the engine is stock @ 178# of compression, etc. Michael ran it about 8 races( 4 or so with Nathan Sparks). The 99 numbers were way better, along with actual results. So I decided to finish the data collecting for my book on FWD racing dynamics.( FWDracingguide.com ) Until I could find a 99. I like to race with a reasonable chance of winning. Michael has always run very well and likes to win also.
I have very good data regarding pounds per CC and psi on the front tires. Our circle track car looses .1 sec on a 17sec lap for every 20#. After winning a bunch, we are now 100# over the starting weight, slowing the car to match the rest of the field. The track added 25# the first night. I aim to finish 4# over the min post race. If I am 6# or more over, I consider it a mistake. If I am less than 2# over, my Son yells at me. I burn 13# of fuel and tires for 25 laps in this car.
Pounds for 125hp @ Sebring; 50# equals about 1.2 secs on the long course @ 2200# and 125 hp.(VW) all else equal, other than the decreasing air density of the next session.( 15min)

http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

mogren@tampabay.rr.com, 352.428/8983

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Sorry to offend anyone RE SCCA. I have raced SCCA, SCCA PRO, (Trans AM), NASA, NASCAR,Chumpcar, etc.
I appreciate the SCCA for intent, and that there are many great people volunteering their time. At the same time, I have watched it work for too long and have a unbiased picture of what happens. Just too slow to respond. The MINI is still in H stock for solo. that shows where it is at.

Who is on the SMAC, what cars do they race, what do they do for a living? Just the facts please.
I apologize if I am wrong. Please prove me so. Thanks,MM

I/ we, race lots of cars. The SM was bought for my Son by a Lotus driving Solo customer. The base line was taken, the engine is stock @ 178# of compression, etc. Michael ran it about 8 races( 4 or so with Nathan Sparks). The 99 numbers were way better, along with actual results. So I decided to finish the data collecting for my book on FWD racing dynamics.( FWDracingguide.com ) Until I could find a 99. I like to race with a reasonable chance of winning. Michael has always run very well and likes to win also.
I have very good data regarding pounds per CC and psi on the front tires. Our circle track car looses .1 sec on a 17sec lap for every 20#. After winning a bunch, we are now 100# over the starting weight, slowing the car to match the rest of the field. The track added 25# the first night. I aim to finish 4# over the min post race. If I am 6# or more over, I consider it a mistake. If I am less than 2# over, my Son yells at me. I burn 13# of fuel and tires for 25 laps in this car.
Pounds for 125hp @ Sebring; 50# equals about 1.2 secs on the long course @ 2200# and 125 hp.(VW) all else equal, other than the decreasing air density of the next session.( 15min)

??????????

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Is Colnel Gaddaffi racing now?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Glad to see the caliper of discussion is still intact!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Ok to clarify..
Lap times don't matter, data doesn't matter. We are using an Al Davis approach here? Until a 1.6 wins at Road America, we don't have parity?

If you get that driver to drive your car at Road America( or anywhere else for that matter) with anywhere north of 120/105 SAE on dynojet. (I'm assuming the 4 years you took to build it means you did a good job) :o You will be eating crow soon enough. B) Your sure you want to know the answer?

If that driver ( or any his caliber) shows up in a good 1.6 and is uncompetitive, it would prove your case IMO.

Jim

Your point A.

We communicated before last years Runoffs as to what I would consider parity at Road America. A win was not required. Have you forgoten?

Your point B.

I don't have to "get that driver", he is questioning can he drive it at nationals. He is younger than the guy I crewed with. There are not a lot of folks I would alow to drive my car, but he is not one of them.

Your point C.

4 years to build. For the past 5 years this ol retired fart (retired means slower so that, aw never mind.) has been crewing for another national racer. One CenDiv E production championship, one CenDiv F production, a few wins & a year with a Spec Miata. Because of the Spec Miata time is how/why I have meet a bunch of real fine folks.

You point D.

For me to prove "the" point at Road America would require a investment of another several grand for a substantial 1.6 motor. You never responded to me with a cost for a top line torque/hp motor. :unsure: The same as Collins didn't respond to my request for info on his new exhaust system. Collins may be super busy at the moment.

One thing to remember Jim, I have in my nearly 70 years eaten a certain amount of crow. The worst part are the feathers :excl:

Danny, with reference to comunication I am amazed at the quality of discussion out of the South East. When I was a working stiff there was an engineer named Bob I worked with that could say just about any thing to any body while comming off soooo smooooooth. I could repeat the exact same words & wind up in the human resources office. Bob would laugh his a$$ off. He is now an officer of said company.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
David - the "caliper" (as opposed to caliber (or calibre if from French origin)) refers to a mis-spelling that was quickly corrected - sorry! My Bad - poor attempt at internet humor? Blake / Jim?

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

??????????

He doesn't know who is on the SMAC, what they do,what and if they race, just that they are biased! :rolleyes:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

David - the "caliper" (as opposed to caliber (or calibre if from French origin)) refers to a mis-spelling that was quickly corrected - sorry! My Bad - poor attempt at internet humor? Blake / Jim?

No Idea what you are talking about, you must have mis read something and put that crazy South African spin on it! B)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

He doesn't know who is on the SMAC, what they do,what and if they race, just that they are biased! :rolleyes:

Thats what I call good times!!! Everyone knows the SMAC is biased but who cares; just buy what they have and all is good. LOL!! (JUST A JOKE JIM and other SMACK bitches).
On a side note the SE drivers started racing dogs. Jeff took out somebody in turn one and Von C is there at the end!!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
that has to be the funniest i have ever seen besides voteck in the ice pond
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
jammmie tucker at a store

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

No Idea what you are talking about, you must have mis read something and put that crazy South African spin on it! B)

Hey, don't pick on my boy from the hood jus cause u don't understand deep south humor.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Any word on parity at Mid Ohio this weekend? Thats where it will matter the most? results?
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

juliancates

juliancates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:NASA MA/SE
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:73

Any word on parity at Mid Ohio this weekend? Thats where it will matter the most? results?
Jim

Saturday race results are up:

http://www.mylaps.co...6464&perclass=1

I couldn't tell you who's driving what, though.
Posted Image
2010 NASA Midwest GTS2 Runner-Up
2011 The SM Saga Begins

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Congratulations Chris Williams...

I know Williams and Price as they got their cars from me.

55 Christopher Williams 1:47.540 (NA 1.8)
21 john guthrie 1:47.264 (1.6)?
17 Brian Murdick 1:47.870 (1.6)
32 Gregory Stasiowski 1:46.978 (1.6)
87 David Spencer 1:48.779 (1.6)?
3 Chris Price 1:48.817 (1999)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Mike Lliteras

Mike Lliteras

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Jim how comprable would Mid Ohio be to Vir and Road Atlanta. My son is running there in the Teen Challenge, he was close to the 99's last year with our 1.6.

Kyle Burkhardt

Kyle Burkhardt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest
  • Car Number:12
I don't think it was dry at Mid O yesterday.
Kyle Burkhardt
Team ///Miata #12
PajamaPants Racing
NASA Midwest
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I don't think it was dry at Mid O yesterday.

ahhh...

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Saturday race results are up:
I couldn't tell you who's driving what, though.

Julian, this is not aimed at you. It's aimed at those on this site that say those people that are important know who drives what. :unsure: It's also aimed at the SCCA SMAC/CRB that said to my letter request for identification on the results sheets by spec line car that "it would confuse to many people". :wacko: It's all said with a disgust :rolleyes:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

juliancates

juliancates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Region:NASA MA/SE
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:73

Julian, this is not aimed at you.

No offense taken. I pointed it out only because the context of this thread is a discussion of '99 performance with the new NASA specs.
Posted Image
2010 NASA Midwest GTS2 Runner-Up
2011 The SM Saga Begins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users