Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Julian, this is not aimed at you. It's aimed at those on this site that say those people that are important know who drives what. :unsure: It's also aimed at the SCCA SMAC/CRB that said to my letter request for identification on the results sheets by spec line car that "it would confuse to many people". :wacko: It's all said with a disgust :rolleyes:

Hey $%^&*(

It must have confused you? This was NASA race, so send some of your disgust that way will ya. :D

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Julian, this is not aimed at you. It's aimed at those on this site that say those people that are important know who drives what. :unsure: It's also aimed at the SCCA SMAC/CRB that said to my letter request for identification on the results sheets by spec line car that "it would confuse to many people". :wacko: It's all said with a disgust :rolleyes:

Hey $%^&*(

It must have confused you? This was NASA race, so send some of your disgust that way will ya. :D

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Did the SMAC/CRB say that mandating that on results would confuse people? The folks up at the SFR don't seem to be too confused.

http://www.mylaps.co...3515&perclass=1

That's how it should be done.

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
I see no reason, why they couldn't list the year. It shouldn't confuse anyone, infact it would inform most. What is the big deal?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Did the SMAC/CRB say that mandating that on results would confuse people? The folks up at the SFR don't seem to be too confused.

http://www.mylaps.co...3515&perclass=1

That's how it should be done.

dstevens, thanks for the mylaps info. First time seeing that info recorded other than the SCCA Runoffs. If I saved three response I post it. There word was confuse to many people. Maybe them. See Mr. $%^&*( CRB
double posted, that's GREAT for we everyday folks. :P
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Never mind all this shiz. The big news out of Mid-O this weekend is the Toyo's plant is reportedly running at 25% capacity due to the disaster. There was speculation as to what NASA (and the SCCA) will do if there are not enough RA1s for everyone. Open tires? Buy American?

Stay tuned.

Oh, and a certain white SM changed hands for an undisclosed amount.

P.S. John Guthrie won Sunday at Mid-O in a 1.6. That's it, season's over, all the 99s should stay home. It's like Vettel in F1. The sky officially fell. :D
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:50
12 lap race, 1.6 wins with 99 LESS than one tenth of a second behind. fast laps are 5 THOUSANDTHS of a second part.
http://www.mylaps.co...6550&perclass=1

20 lap race, 1.6 wins with 99 one TENTH of a second behind (and the 99 with a 3 tenths faster best lap)
http://www.mylaps.co...9756&perclass=1

ahm

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
Nice driving Adam and Alan.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Both wins by the 1.6 were just a lucky driver. The 1.6 could not keep up with the '99 without the aid of traffic.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Never mind all this shiz. The big news out of Mid-O this weekend is the Toyo's plant is reportedly running at 25% capacity due to the disaster. There was speculation as to what NASA (and the SCCA) will do if there are not enough RA1s for everyone. Open tires? Buy American?

Stay tuned.

NASA already announced 'open r-compound tires' for a few spec classes, no SM yet - I'll be talking to someone today to get the skinny on our size.

http://www.nasaprora...nse-to-toy.html
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
You will have to question the driver and prep levels of those 99. :D

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I always question the driver of that particular 1.6....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

You will have to question the driver and prep levels of those 99. :D

no need to ask questions - we're merely irrelevant regional racers. :rolleyes:

ahm

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

I see no reason, why they couldn't list the year. It shouldn't confuse anyone, infact it would inform most. What is the big deal?

It is about confusion – It would make it more difficult to confuse the BOD :o

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Congrats Brian, Adam and all the others

I see the SSM cars went faster ????? Different time of day, different track conditions? Any explanation

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
not sure what you're looking at Danny - in Sunday's race, Alan's best lap was 6 tenths faster than the fastest SSM (who I believe holds the SCCA SSM lap record @ SPR) and i was 9 tenths faster. we finished almost 18 seconds ahead of him, almost a second a lap on avg.

ahm

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Stay tuned.

Oh, and a certain white SM changed hands for an undisclosed amount.

P.S. John Guthrie won Sunday at Mid-O in a 1.6. That's it, season's over, all the 99s should stay home. It's like Vettel in F1. The sky officially fell. :D

SCCA will have a statement out possibly today on tires
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Congrats Brian, Adam and all the others

I see the SSM cars went faster ????? Different time of day, different track conditions? Any explanation

Danny, I think you are looking at Saturdays' lap times only. The only explanation I have is the draft and my setup was a tick off. I had at least a 5 car lead on the 2nd place car through the majority of the race until I had a slight hiccup and Adam was able to close the gap. The SSM cars were in a nose to tail draft for quite a few laps. On Sunday (after some adjustments) the lap time differentials were more typical.

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Thanks Alan - figured there was a simple explanation

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
danny are you joking. Come one do you really care you putz , still chasing parity
how about when you had hooshiers and the reSt of the feild had toyos
I HATE PARRITY WHEN YOU CONTROL IT

PUTZ
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users