Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
danny stain in car vidio parity

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
danny i found your first race vidio

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
I smell victory at VIR

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:113
I can't believe that I just spent the last two hours reading this entire thread -- I think my head is about to explode.
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I can't believe that I just spent the last two hours reading this entire thread -- I think my head is about to explode.

!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45CHLPg39Kg
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

seege

seege

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:So Cal NASA
  • Car Number:4

I smell victory at VIR

Is that what that smell was?
CJ Johnson

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
So watching the NASA championships race.
There was some 99's in it right?
So can I assume I'll be buying another size RP for next year?
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
I just want to Thank NASA for a great experience. Good to see everyone. Hope to be back next year.

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Who hacked Glenn's account?!?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
:lol:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

J~

IMHO, there was only one 99 capable of winning the show! that would be the #02 car, had he not missed the start of the first qualifying race by over half a lap he would have easily been in the hunt, wet or dry!

I guess the RP question remains! I beleive there needs to be a change, but thats just one opinion and I am sure everyone has theirs!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

IMHO, there was only one 99 capable of winning the show! that would be the #02 car, had he not missed the start of the first qualifying race by over half a lap he would have easily been in the hunt, wet or dry!

I guess the RP question remains! I beleive there needs to be a change, but thats just one opinion and I am sure everyone has theirs!

You forgot the 155 car as he was punted on day 2 qual. and was a contender during the race as well.

Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Hard to make many parity arguments pro or con in that race.. Hard to admit I actual agree with Dewhurst here :) The hard thing to determine is the prep levels of the cars dynoed etc.. I know the prep level of the 155 car and the 02 car, both are top examples 99 cars in the country, I also feel the prep level on the #94 (NA 1.8) car was very similar. I don't know the prep level of the top 1.6 cars there so I can't comment.
I know for certain, "I" , "me personally" ... would have raced a 94/97 first, a 1.6 secondly,an 01 up thirdly and a 99/00 last. In NASA or SCCA, none of the rules are that far off that a good driver can't win in any car, but at a championship event, you better be in the best version you can get your hands on, have it dialed in, make no mistakes and have a little luck. That is exactly what our winner did. The result was more about the driver than the year car, that's the way it should be.

I think the same applies in NASA as in SCCA... When people have both cars in NASA and SCCA( 1.6 and 99) and chose the 99 in SCCA and the 1.6 in NASA, it says something, perception often becomes reality. That will always be the case, regardless of the rules, we just need to get it where the choices are split rather than so one sided as they are at the moment in both sanctioning bodies.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
Which year is better in the rain? :D
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Jim Not to mention that it would be nice to get back to that place we were a few years ago when what was legal in NASA was Legal in SCCA, but we are going different directions. Next year likely to continue a different plate, and wt for the 1999 and for sure a different tire. This is all adding to the frustration of trying to run both clubs.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Hard to make many parity arguments pro or con in that race.. Hard to admit I actual agree with Dewhurst here :) The hard thing to determine is the prep levels of the cars dynoed etc.. I know the prep level of the 155 car and the 02 car, both are top examples 99 cars in the country, I also feel the prep level on the #94 (NA 1.8) car was very similar. I don't know the prep level of the top 1.6 cars there so I can't comment.
I know for certain, "I" , "me personally" ... would have raced a 94/97 first, a 1.6 secondly,an 01 up thirdly and a 99/00 last. In NASA or SCCA, none of the rules are that far off that a good driver can't win in any car, but at a championship event, you better be in the best version you can get your hands on, have it dialed in, make no mistakes and have a little luck. That is exactly what our winner did. The result was more about the driver than the year car, that's the way it should be.

I think the same applies in NASA as in SCCA... When people have both cars in NASA and SCCA( 1.6 and 99) and chose the 99 in SCCA and the 1.6 in NASA, it says something, perception often becomes reality. That will always be the case, regardless of the rules, we just need to get it where the choices are split rather than so one sided as they are at the moment in both sanctioning bodies.
Jim

+1 on the 94 to 97. :D

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Jim Not to mention that it would be nice to get back to that place we were a few years ago when what was legal in NASA was Legal in SCCA, but we are going different directions. Next year likely to continue a different plate, and wt for the 1999 and for sure a different tire. This is all adding to the frustration of trying to run both clubs.

We'll talk with John Mueller when thinking on next years rules, I would like to see the rules the same myself. But we will definitely be on different tires, but if it is only tires, that isn't too terribly different.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Astro

Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Greatlakes
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:87

J~

Here goes my opinion...The fastest lap (1:42.9) for the entire weekend was set by #02, which is the '99 of Alex Bolanos, which finished 5th before moving to the back for a pass under yellow. Both Derek Whitis and Adam Molaver would have also been up front in their 99s had they not crashed.

NASA dyno'ed the top 7 from Thursday qualifying race, which included 2 '99, 2 '94-97, and 3 90-93, with the majority of entries being 90-93 so the new rules seem to make the cars more even than in previous years!

The only reason there weren't more '99s at the front is because most of the competitive '99 cars did not come. Don't assume they aren't competitive just because they didn't show up!

I bet the 99s dominate the runoffs...I wonder why...

Congrats to Nate, Sammy, and Greg. It was great running with you...I will see you next year.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco

The only reason there weren't more '99s at the front is because most of the competitive '99 cars did not come. Don't assume they aren't competitive just because they didn't show up!

Did the drivers show but not the 99's or both?
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
Ahh, the great parity debate. Here's the average lap time from the NASA Nationals last weekend using the fastest lap from each of the top 2 types of cars from Friday's qualifying session and qualifying race. I chose this sample as they were the only true dry sessions of the event (not including warmup). It's a 4 lap sample for each type of car.

1.6 = 1:43.463
1.8 = 1:43.692
'99 = 1:43.738

Yes, the field had more 1.6 cars which increased the chances for better laps for that car.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users