Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Ya. My Burger King has alot of Infineon on it and I like it.
McDonalds has just a little but the combo is bigger.

I try to eat at both but sometimes leave a bad taste if I'm not ready for each one.
J~

Doesn't norcal McD take 50% longer than BK to complete your order too? ;)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
BK, no mess, fast, clean, TH backwards, 25, it's all good.
McD, long lines, but more people in the store, must be the food.

Like I said, I want to do both, call me lazy or poor,
I'm feeling like BK this weekend but I'm not going.
I'm ready to go to McD in a few and don't want to change my menu back and forth.

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

BK, no mess, fast, clean, TH backwards, 25, it's all good.
McD, long lines, but more people in the store, must be the food.

Like I said, I want to do both, call me lazy or poor,
I'm feeling like BK this weekend but I'm not going.
I'm ready to go to McD in a few and don't want to change my menu back and forth.

J~

Bigger menu with norcal McD and your order doesn't have the occasional missing nugget :D
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:45
We 1.6'ers in the SCCA can't eat any of that, or else that 2275 weight is NEVER attainable :rolleyes:
Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:5
Analogies are fun right? It's making me hungry though...

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

We 1.6'ers in the SCCA can't eat any of that, or else that 2275 weight is NEVER attainable :rolleyes:

I have to be Bulimic. Binge and purge 60#. :o
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

JBlaisdell

JBlaisdell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:65
I find the fast food comparison interesting...but not relevent to this situation...
Neither BK or Micky D's ask that your car be a certain plate and weight when you go thru the drive thru to pick up your food...cause ALL the cars that frequent both chains are the SAME weight and plate. The difference is the food (or weekend racing fun/expierence/competition).

And that is my point...I would like to see both org.'s remove the differencing of car rule sets and come to a common sense, common ground rule set...Let the difference factor be the fun experience/competition that both racing org.'s offer...but in VERY opposite approaches.

Jim Blaisdell
G$ Munson Driver Coaching Student/Client
jblaisdell65@gmail.com

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I find the fast food comparison interesting...but not relevent to this situation...
Neither BK or Micky D's ask that your car be a certain plate and weight when you go thru the drive thru to pick up your food...cause ALL the cars that frequent both chains are the SAME weight and plate. The difference is the food (or weekend racing fun/expierence/competition).

And that is my point...I would like to see both org.'s remove the differencing of car rule sets and come to a common sense, common ground rule set...Let the difference factor be the fun experience/competition that both racing org.'s offer...but in VERY opposite approaches.

And they do. When they agree or feel it is in their interest to match.

The trouble is they don't agree.

Meanwhile, you're complaining because you can't be bothered to spend 3 minutes with 12mm quarter inch drive, pliers, a phillips-head, and then put more gas in your car.

Boo freaking hoo. :rolleyes:

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

No disrespect intended, but if you practiced what you preached, would you have changed the rules so much?

J~

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:7
I picked up several $100 off coupons from the NASA booth at PRI with the intention of giving them to my regional (SCCA) teammates so we could try a NASA weekend somewhere this season. But with the divergence of the weights and plates we've decided it's going to be a pita to change and will pass on that race weekend. We just want to race and don't really care who we do it with. NASA's presence up here in New England is minimal at best so we race with SCCA.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

but with the divergence of the weights and plates we've decided it's going to be a pita to change and will pass on that race weekend.

Oh good god.

The only real excuse out there is if you built a 99 with a fat cage and simply can't reduce the weight. That's pretty much it.

Pro tip: Use ballast nuts the same size as your lug nuts. Please pass the impact...

JBlaisdell

JBlaisdell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Number:65
I guess opinions are really like...everyone has one. :P

All I'm saying, from a NASA standpoint, is "if" the NB cars cannot make weight (for whatever reason, overbuilt cage, data, video and fire supp.)...it makes no business sense to turn away a potential paying customer. If that simply means adjusting the rule set towards 39mm 2420 lb...than that makes perfect sense to me and hopefully SCCA will follow suit.

The discussion is not about the 3 min.'s of time required to switch plates and weights...it is purely and simply about making it simple and easy for ANYONE to give NASA a try...1.6, 1.8 or NB car.

This just my opinion...but it is based upon my expierence as a NASA SM Director in FL.

Jim Blaisdell
G$ Munson Driver Coaching Student/Client
jblaisdell65@gmail.com

George Munson

George Munson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
John,

I've tried to stay out of it but your last comment is exactly why NASA should seriously consider a 39mm plate with a little more weight. I don't care where you race (NASA or SCCA) the crossover gap is too large. Both groups need the crossover or one group will die a slow and painful death. To have both groups so entrenched in their postitions is harmful. Keep in mine a lot of 99 drivers can't make your weight anyway so whats the point. Remember the group that levels the playing field completely will ultimately win. To have a group favor one car over another car is just wrong.

Just my humble opinion from someone who wants his cake and be able to eat it too. My comments are not meant to offend anyone. I just want to be able to support both groups in my area as painless as possible.

George Munson

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14
I applaud NASA two fold for doing something to improve parity for their customers. They have the sack to make the weights/plates change with the understanding that if they went overboard they will back track a bit.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Hmmm, but I like the local burger shop, that'd been around since my dad was 12. Now what?

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:35
If they change the plate again to a 39 they better start giving them away. I have been thinking about How i can make Christmas ornaments out of them.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Hmmm, but I like the local burger shop, that'd been around since my dad was 12. Now what?

That's the alfa club. Good people!

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

That's the alfa club. Good people!

Funny. My dad had a 1969 spider when I was a kid.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Now your sounding like a Production car guy. :D
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:30

IMO the whole idea of this class is that your scenario should be pretty even.

Maybe I read the question wrong, but I think Mike is asking if a nationally competitive car and driver should run head-to-head against a regionally competitive car and driver. And the answer is yes? :huh:

I am but one small voice in the whole conversation of NASA weights and plates, but in my opinion you will never equalize 'national' and 'regional' prep and talent levels. That is one element that makes it difficult to read the tea leaves of race results and draw any firm conclusions.

However, I do believe that the rules can (and likely should) be tweaked by examining the Traqmate data, race results, prep levels, talent levels, etc.

And as a highly unpaid NASA volunteer, that opinion carries as much value as you would expect. :lol:

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users