GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Phil I know you don't carry these but what does anyone think of the New MOMO wheels That are on the market ?  They look strong with multiple attachment points.

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Do the spokes on the Jongbloed wheels stick out from the rim like the 'ben-hur' TD used to?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Do the spokes on the Jongbloed wheels stick out from the rim like the 'ben-hur' TD used to?

No

• Alberto likes this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

philstireservice

philstireservice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

No - but we are thinking of installing that option...:)

• Alberto likes this

http://philstireservice.com Enkei Team Dynamics The Miata Wheel Motegi Apex Wedsport Hoosier Toyo BFG Michelin Nankang Federal

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

No - but we are thinking of installing that option... :)

A motorized telescoping blade can be installed on the hub and works the same regardless of wheel choice.  

• Alberto likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

A motorized telescoping blade can be installed on the hub and works the same regardless of wheel choice.  

Oh yeah I like that feature!

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

Phil I know you don't carry these but what does anyone think of the New MOMO wheels That are on the market ?  They look strong with multiple attachment points.

Bolanos uses the Momo Wheels. I think they are sharp, but they are around 25% more expensive than Dforce or Jongbloed.

They also look like a pain to clean, but I know I'm also the type of guy who should be cleaning his wheels more than I actually am.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Dforce = $110 at Phil's

Jongbloed = $105 special / $119 normal price once special is done at Phil's

Momo = $129 at Saferacer

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

I know I weighed the first batch of TR Motosports wheels I got.  The gray ones.  They were right at 13lbs.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

The TR wheels are also only $97, and you can get them as cheap as $80ish if you know someone who is a tirerack dealer. I have found the wheels to be very strong, the only ones I have bent have bent for good reason.

• DrDomm likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Tr wheels are also noticeably heavier to the feel just picking them up. Rotating weight means slower period. So its a matter of trying to win or trying to just race. The margin of victory gets smaller and smaller by the day! Doing every possible thing is no longer an option its just flat mandatory if you really want to win. This is still a drivers class but there are a shit ton of very talented drivers in sm and every .oo1 is important in the end. The whole game is improve yourself and your sled or get left behind. It is like doing a back flip at the x-games you better bring more then just that next time u show up because there will be 10 guys who can do that next time...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

philstireservice

philstireservice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Dforce = $110 at Phil's

Jongbloed = $105 - no plan to raise the price

Momo = $129 at Saferacer

Team Dynamic = $115 at Phil's

fixed

http://philstireservice.com Enkei Team Dynamics The Miata Wheel Motegi Apex Wedsport Hoosier Toyo BFG Michelin Nankang Federal

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Tr wheels are also noticeably heavier to the feel just picking them up. Rotating weight means slower period. So its a matter of trying to win or trying to just race. The margin of victory gets smaller and smaller by the day! Doing every possible thing is no longer an option its just flat mandatory if you really want to win. This is still a drivers class but there are a crap ton of very talented drivers in sm and every .oo1 is important in the end. The whole game is improve yourself and your sled or get left behind. It is like doing a back flip at the x-games you better bring more then just that next time u show up because there will be 10 guys who can do that next time...

Noticeably heavier than what?  An illegal wheel?

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA