Photo

Major compliance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Compliance program for SM Majors races (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you feel the compliance checks at Majors are:

1. Just about right (3 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

2. Not enough would like to see more (46 votes [93.88%])

Percentage of vote: 93.88%

3. Too much, I would to see less (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Would you like to see the compliance program come back for the majors races?

1. Yes (40 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

2. No (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

3. It depends (8 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

4. I don't care I don't race majors (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

What do you feel would be an appropriate fee for an sm specific compliance program per majors weekend in addition to your entry fee.

1. $25 (40 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

2. $35 (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

3. $45 (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51

• ChrisA likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Believe me, as an organizer of a Majors and Regional event, we are working very hard to give racers the most for their money for both events. It's a challenge for the Majors, but we're gonna do our best to make it worthwhile.

Jeff L

RE/South Bend Region

I agree with Jeff 100%.  our region puts on the regionals and a Major at Mid O. what the participants do not see is the rising costs to the regions going up every year. Like track rental and the incidentals that go with it. Regions also have to pay a per car fee to host a major, so while racers feel the price at the pump so to speak, regions are not getting wealthy, they are trying to do whatever they can to keep the cost reasonable.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I'd pay good money to see Drago, Collins, Fowler or Wheeler wrangle down into the passenger side to retrieve an ECU...

Get out your check book. At NASA nationals at mid O i was asked to remove my ECU, it had not ever been out, i could not do it, Mike Collins got in there an yanked it out. It was not pretty but he got er done.

• Mike Collins and Joe (dad) Jordan like this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Strongbad

Strongbad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Year:1992

Would like to see more 'impound all' after the qualifying sessions checking the obvious stuff. It really bugs me when someone pulls the plate or runs fuel to get a high qualifying position then holds up or disrupts faster cars from moving forward in the race.

I voted.

Thanks.

Mike Ferrara

Mike Ferrara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:Rocky Mtn.
  • Car Number:53
I raced at 3 Majors this year. Sebring, Rd ATL and VIR. I am a mid packer..I also ran SAARC/SCCA races at CMP, RD ATL, Daytona and Charlotte this last weekend. Charlotte was the first time my car went across the scales! Then we had a 30 minute impound with no hoods open and only a belt check. 30 minutes in 100 degree weather for what? Just sayin
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Donor - Made PayPal donation We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

It really bugs me when someone pulls the plate or runs fuel to get a high qualifying position then holds up or disrupts faster cars from moving forward in the race.

Thanks.

Interesting comment ^. With reference to yesterdays Indy car race at the Mile this ^ same sort of negative crap was thrown around in interviews with drivers that couldn't comlete a pass on supposedly slower cars/drivers. When all was said and done within the article the drivers bitching admitted the competition is so very tight a pass is hard to make.   :noidea:

Sure can't cost much to protest a plate or gas.

Then we had a 30 minute impound with no hoods open and only a belt check. 30 minutes in 100 degree weather for what? Just sayin

There is a rule which causes the 30 minute wait.

• Eric Orton likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

The site monster brought forward this post above ^ dated, Posted 08-18-2014 05:17 PM, not me.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Bump :)

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
This is the first time I saw the complaint about impound at Charlotte where I was Chief of Tech.

First, the temperature for Sunday at Charlotte was 89 degrees. We did ask everyone to open hoods and we did check restrictor plates.

And the reason you were in impound so long was because a number of cars were penalized for over shooting turn #1 and the stewards would not release the cars until all drivers were contacted and advised of the penalty.

Tech released cars all weekend as soon as we finished weights and had confirmation from the stewards to do so.

Please don't blame tech for things of which we have no control.

BTW, at the Sebring 2014 Majors, I whistled the top cars after all qualifying sessions and after the race. In total, we whistled 10 Spec Miatas.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Number:20

He also should be penalized 10 grid positions for using the term "just sayin"

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
That would be a phrase, not a "term".
Just sayin. 😉
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Number:20

Would bite me be a term or a phrase?

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

sounds like an offer

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users