Photo

Fifty Smackers Registered for THE June Sprints

- - - - - Road America

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Another five joined the fry, for a total of fifty five.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kevin Coulter

Kevin Coulter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:Chicago

Parking will end on Wednesday and Thursday evenings at dark (around 8:30PMish) or if inclement weather comes in.

Kevin

tferranti

tferranti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51

Good luck and stay safe everyone!  By the looks of the entry list this one will be a war!

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
With a lot of bloodshed lol!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

There are now 56 smackers. :bigsquaregrin:  

16 Clements, Blake Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata SP Induction/OPM Autosports/Carbotech/Ti Speed Houston, TX
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15
Way to go Sebastian!
  • David L likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Qual.

http://scca.cdn.race...ts-Qual-GP3.pdf

STL Qual,

http://scca.cdn.race...ts-Qual-GP5.pdf

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Number:29

WOW top ten separated by less than 1 sec. 

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65

How many cars does Gorilla have there... three?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Hehe this lineup is going to be fun to watch with all the little cliques
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats to Danny on the pole!

Qualifying was MAYHEM!!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Top 10 within 1 sec is normal at the big races...top 6 within .132 sec is nuts!! P3 to p6 separated by .022

Let's see who can be most consistent tomorrow and who will have no partner!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Top 10 within 1 sec is normal at the big races...top 6 within .132 sec is nuts!! P3 to p6 separated by .022

Let's see who can be most consistent tomorrow and who will have no partner!

WOW!  Nice line up.  Should be a great race.  

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Thursday's 2nd test session and Friday's practice session were precursors to the mayhem of qualifying. Every session so far has been a drag out full-on, no-holds-barred, mixed martial arts 25 minute championship final. Qualifying was a FULL ON RACE. Nobody got a clean lap, and I mean nobody. At the front I was in a group with Drago, Berry, Stearns, Lamb, Gorriaran, and others. Apart from a 2:44 flat and my 2:43.0 all my laps were in the high 44's or slower, whereas in the morning's practice session every lap I ran was well within the 43's.

Normally you know when you have a fast lap under your belt. I was lying 8th for the first 3 laps and then on lap 4 I was first and I have no idea how it happened. Total surprise. And the fact that it held up was even more amazing. 

But as you can see from the qually results, no-one will get away. This will be a war of attrition and the driver making the least mistakes will be in with a shot at the podium. Should be a very exciting race to watch.

Big shout out to Tom Fowler and the gang at OPM. The car came off the trailer with an awesome setup. Thanks to Mike Rossini for building me a really great motor that allows me to run up front with the fastest guys in the country. Thanks to Carbotech Brakes for the awesome stopping power that allows me to close up under braking and to Traqmate for allowing me to analyze that data and make sense of it all.

And as I said to my wife Kim, with whom I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary yesterday, ...."You should be so thrilled with your gift. Anyone can buy you diamonds, but not everyone can get you the June Sprints Spec Miata Pole". Nah.... that didn't go over so well.

• Joe (dad) Jordan and Jeff Wasilko like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
The mid- pack report. This is my first time at this track. I have to say it takes some time to get used to the speed of this place. The gaters are rough too. You have to red lock tight the caliper pins and check frequently, or you will get a failure. Have had two hubs fail In our group.

I am happy with qualifying 23rd, in this field and just running 15 to 20 laps here.

Now if we can race clean it will be fun.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Awesome race yesterday.. I keep thinking this class can't get any better, the racing any closer, the talent any deeper and no way it can be anymore fun, each time this class proves me wrong. We really have something special in this class! The ability and talent of the guys racing in this class is amazing.

As far as the race goes.. I was trying to get to the front as quickly and safely as possible.. Our line got a good start.. I pushed justin elder, todd lamb pushing me. We got around Danny into one.. It was elder leading out if three, Landy, me steyn,.. Danny and I were working on hand signals Thursday and in quick step he latched on and we had what looked like nitrous into turn five.. I got to lead there. The car got real squirrelly as we were carrying a ton of speed.. Looked like another stearns type runoffs moment, but I saved it.

From there danny passed me into Canada a few laps later. I got him back at one and he ran a little wide in three.
From there it was todd lamb in my draft, never making a mistake.. There was no getting away. I thought I had broken the draft twice, but with these 38 mm plates, I think it is impossible now less two cars really working identically. One car can not get away.

My set up was so good, the car was as good as any that I have driven here. These SM7 tires are really changing the game IMO. The days of nice steady steering wheel and constant smooth radius arcs are gone. You really have to dance this tire on the edge.

Congrats to all in the race, didn't see any damage and we went caution free. Very nice to see so many of the screwballs I now consider some of my best friends. Lots of pranks and constant ball busting. We had a table of 20 at the supper club and I convinced frank todaro if he picked up the tab that I would see if I could get get permission for him to remove his restrictor for today. Well he did get the tab! Thanks Frank!

Winning race did not help me in qualifying.. Actually moved back to sixth today.
Should be a great race

Special thanks to Robert Lloyd, york and Chris, my car was awesome ! Special thanks to all those who race in our cars. Wehad an East street racing podium sweep and six of the top 10! Great job by all
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to Jim on a great, hard fought win, and Lamb's 2nd place.
It is awesome how hard we all drove with no real carnage I am aware of.

Good luck and Safe race to all today!
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15
Is grid today based on lap times in the race or fastest lap from qualifying or race.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Is grid today based on lap times in the race or fastest lap from qualifying or race.

I believe the format they are trying to use in the Major's is your fastest time from any session (Q or R) prior.

And Congrats to Jim and East Street.  Podium sweep is an accomplishment when you look at the drivers at this years Sprints.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA