Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Johnny, if you think for a minute that I am feeling better. You don't know me or my son. I have something I'd like to say to you right about now.

I have no clue of what you're going through or how hard it's is.

If it feels better, yell at me, let it out.

I'm glad you're here, typing, not in a dark spot.

Sorry,

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

I think maybe we need a new thread on here call CA "Cheaters Annonymous" were we can hold on line meetings.

I will go first " I am a Cheater" I have the dreaded STR or RTS or whatever they call it, if you get too close to me you could catch the disease.

I find it hillarious I am about the only one who has the balls to even say that my car is now non compliant when there are hundres if not a thousand out there that are from either CC or SRT or BOTH...

Very highly doubt you are the only one with the balls, I think you are just the only one that doesn't stop talking :)

• Keith Novak and Jim Drago like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Apology accepted, and sorry for being a bit sensitive.

It doesn't feel better to yell at you. Nothing makes me feel better (accept maybe being at the track with you guys and talking with his friends). I am typing in a dark spot. But it is the only thing I know to do. It is this (and other things), or put the gun to my head right now.

• Danny Steyn likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Shunning "intentional" cheaters huh?

So now we assemble a jury to bring them to trial and convict them of intentional cheating and banish them from the kingdom. Would you have these latest drivers booted? Do you accept their word that they didn't do it intentionally? Do you go with the insinuations of some here that they were intentionally cheating? Are you the judge of "intentional"? How about customers that bought these? Boot them too? How about drivers that might have asked for extra? How is it that you are going to determine "intentional".

Banish me from the kingdom then. I want no part of this type of thing. Is my engine legal, hell yes!!! But do I push the gray as much as I can outside the engine.....yes. Hell, here on this forum you could purchase a "speed secret". I'll come clean and tell you about one of my little "cheats" that I intentionally did and do. Protest me all you want.

On the 97 at least, the wiring harness runs right in front of the snorkle. A 1" diameter blockage right in front of the intake. So I pushed the wiring harness underneath the snorkle. I moved a stock part from its original location 1" away in order to pick up the air intake the way it is supposed to be. I didn't move the entire harness. I move a 3 " section 1 " away from the stock location. I also have relays that aren't mounted up to their stock bracket. They are just hanging in the engine compartment. Another cheat you can banish me for.

These people have been punished. Many may have been punished beyond their culpability. Entire seasons have been screwed up. Hasn't everyone paid a high enough price? Let it go!! The process worked and everyone has their pint of blood. The rules are clear, if you want to build a compaint head you can without changing the head builders tools. If a builder can't make the plunge without violating, then the plunge doesn't get made. But at least some head builders can make the plunge cut without blending and deburring. Everything worked here as intended!!!!! The rules, the protest format, the punishment. The idea of shunning should be shunned and banished.

And this doesn't even take into account young drivers trying to make a career. I know all us old guys might be bitter about not being able to make a career out of driving. And as much as all y'all saying this is amateur fun racing, there are young talented drivers trying to use this as a launching pad for careers. What are these young guys supposed to do when they have an extremely limited amount of time to make it and they are going up against some of the best builders and drivers in the world? Sit back for years and not push the gray areas while everyone around them does? Again the processed worked. The solution in my opinion is to use the process more!!!!! I made a suggestion because someone said that there were a lack of suggestions. I saw not one response to that suggestion.

Let it go. Get prepped for next season. Go have some fun. F*&%ing eh, you guys get to be race car drivers for christ sakes. Isn't that enough? I know plenty of people that would give anything to be in your guys ( and ladys ) shoes. And I know some guys that want to be in lady shoes.

If you read my post i am supportive of investigating gray areas.  Some may cross the line and some are brilliant ideas and something that give you an edge.  I do it.  But running tweaked fuels, making switches to defeat dyno tests, having someone call your phone saying your relative died to avoid tech because you have left the RP out, have someone put a gallon of water in your trunk as you are in line for the scales is intentional, premeditated cheating.   As my post indicated I feel for the runoff guys, immensely and feel they have paid a very high price for actions of others they trusted.  I would drink merry with them as I with you.   I am supportive of the process that is working. 

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

For 1, isn't the season over for most, so you don't have anything to bitch about for a while ??

If not, then you have one race?

I suggest..

https://www.youtube....h?v=yeRSksvG9E0

J~

2015 SE Division Season begins this weekend!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Sorry, what track ?? I'm way over on the west coast where it's 2014.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Very highly doubt you are the only one with the balls, I think you are just the only one that doesn't stop talking :)

Lol hmm lol...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

Should be a good weekend for someone, with a legal car, to get some points for 2015 season.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

RazerX,

Understood and I guess that was point. All you guys are good people, the finest people I have ever met in fact. And the people that were affected by this whole thing I consider my friends. Even the guys I don't personally know. And that is the only reason I am sensitive to the idea of banishment.

Thank you for your comments.

• Ron Alan likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

I heard the punishment is going to be a 25 lb weight added to the 1.6 :)

• Muda and MPR22 like this

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Sorry, what track ?? I'm way over on the west coast where it's 2014.

J~

VIR.

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

We will never know, but to assume that all cars checked failed in some way is just a strange coincidence is short sighted.

All cars protested didn't fail the STR test.  And since multiple cars were from the same builders, it isn't surprising that it if one motor from the builder failed, then the rest did as well.  However, if you look at it from a builder perspective 3 out of 4 failed.   You have to assume that Lyons-built motors wouldn't have failed.  (No one in their right mind is going to bring a motor that fails the very test they are "mass" protesting, IMO.)  So that would take it down to 3 out of 5 (Now we are down to 60% rather than the previously quoted 89%).  What was really needed was heads from Rossini, RE, Stewart, etc. to be examined at the same time.  Then we'd have a much clearer picture if this was a "standard" practice or just a few builders.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

All cars protested didn't fail the STR test.  And since multiple cars were from the same builders, it isn't surprising that it if one motor from the builder failed, then the rest did as well.  However, if you look at it from a builder perspective 3 out of 4 failed.   You have to assume that Lyons-built motors wouldn't have failed.  (No one in their right mind is going to bring a motor that fails the very test they are "mass" protesting, IMO.)  So that would take it down to 3 out of 5 (Now we are down to 60% rather than the previously quoted 89%).  What was really needed was heads from Rossini, RE, Stewart, etc. to be examined at the same time.  Then we'd have a much clearer picture if this was a "standard" practice or just a few builders.

Finally someone is getting it...  

You also need to weight how many engines are produced and sold by each builder and are they non complaint or complaint builders.  anyone can be a engine builder and build a few engines many are building hundres...

K. Webb