FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

hold your breath. you never know what could happen next.

Are we past the three year moratorium on plate and weight changes? 

We will need another 30 plus page thread on those changes.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Kyle, I respect your opinion and your choice, and especially your honesty, but help me to understand why 50 pounds is a deal breaker for you.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

establish a “Regional-only” class, dubbed SM1 in addition to the regular Spec Miata class.

Hell we invented that class a long time ago, we called it SMC, c for cheat.  Rules were you needed to have a minimum number of cheats or you were assessed $$ penalties for noncompliance......ah the fun you can have drinking Pepe Pombo's Tequila.........

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

I don't like your math, Steve.   :)  50 pounds might compensate for a small power advantage but you're handicapping handling too much also.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
I think we should name it smC for spec miata cheaters oh boy thats a trophy to be sought after right there.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

For 1, isn't the season over for most, so you don't have anything to bitch about for a while ??

If not, then you have one race?

I suggest..

https://www.youtube....h?v=yeRSksvG9E0

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
I may be off base, but one problem would be how do you know for sure if you add wt or not, or what class to run, and if your competitors actually know what class to run? It appears that most who have posted are 100% sure they are compliant and would have passed the scrutiny of the Runoffs. Again I will submit that my team arrogantly felt the same way. I am wondering out loud how many cars, not just in that race, but around the country would have passed? We will never know, but to assume that all cars checked failed in some way is just a strange coincidence is short sighted.
As Ron would say, my 2 cents, which is worth nothing
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Steve I know u r just trying to propose solutions...

I race sm for the incredible close competition but 50 pounds is a pretty good hadicap

Its an 8hr drive a 3 day stay tires entry fee fuel amongat other things to then be handicapped I just personally its a waiat of resources for me and many others to take the handicap or race in the cheater class.

I hope the event goes well I love the arrc... My favorite race of the year but my decision has been made now.

Also maybe we can make another class called smCC for those who have to many Cc's as there is no way in hell all those cars will be fixed before arrc, a few will be of course.

Where was Lisa noble on a press release after daytona? And let me tell you on the 01+ cars there is a 2+HP and tq. Advantage...

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

I see no reason why SCCA can't sort this out in an afternoon.  Leave the rule as it is unless there is a case to be made that the practice by some of the engine builders is justified.  If so, change the rule but I haven't read anything in 40 pages that tries to make that case.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I don't like your math, Steve. :) 50 pounds might compensate for a small power advantage but you're handicapping handling too much also.

I don't disagree Tom, at least as a long-term fix, but I think it should be somewhat punitive in the short-term to satsify those who rightfully feel there should be some price paid while still allowing all to race reasonably competitively if they want to. But I just want to push the concept, perhaps 35 is better. I think 20 is too little.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Sure, but that doesn't change regardless, unless your point is that this gives them a chance to make up points in some regional championships they lost all season. I wonder how many people in contention for such a thing will run the alternate class because they think they may be non-compliant. Seems like a stretch, but if you give them weight and let them stay are they much more likely to comply? I would think so.

Let's say it's a driver called Ken95.  Ken95 is in a regional points race with Racer X.  Racer X asked for a runoffs legal Drago engine and ran it all season.  Ken is trailing 10 points to Racer X.  Racer X is worried his legal engine might not be legal, but doesn't care enough about the regional points race to change heads since he thinks the rules will change for 2015.  Ken95 knows this.  Racer X was going to stay home, until the region said he could come play if he ran with 20lbs.  Ken95 has a meltdown as he feels any additional lead for Racer X should be delivered in 180 gr increments.

Blah blah... this is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidence....

• Ken SM94 likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

holy cow bargoondy you actually have a sense of humor.  

K. Webb

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

The XXlbs bonus weight makes more sense for a one off special event like NASA Champs.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I think maybe we need a new thread on here call CA "Cheaters Annonymous" were we can hold on line meetings.

I will go first " I am a Cheater" I have the dreaded STR or RTS or whatever they call it, if you get too close to me you could catch the disease.

I find it hillarious I am about the only one who has the balls to even say that my car is now non compliant when there are hundres if not a thousand out there that are from either CC or SRT or BOTH...

• Ben Rooke likes this

K. Webb