• 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Wish you were racing too Alex!

• Alex Bolanos likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Yup - Kyle - this should cover the top 5 - hope to change the order a bit if I can!

LOl!

Im going to kick your ass Steyn!

• Glenn, Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

LOl!

Im going to hand your ass Steyn!

That goes for the rest of your so called top 5

• Glenn and Jim Drago like this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

That's my Jamie - bring it on High Chair!!! Look forward to catching up with you this weekend, been way too long!!

• High Chair likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Ok...i'm officially in the "Horse Jockey" to win pool! Good stuff Tucker...

• High Chair likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

With Road Atlanta weather as cold as it's predicted, there is a strong possibility of a new Spec Miata lap record. I have been under Joey Atterbury's lap record of 1:42.716 several times on test day and in qualifying over the last two years, but our recent races have always been in hotter conditions that have hampered any lap record attempts. The SM6's were definitely grippier at this track but would fall off in speed on hot track as the fuel load wore down, but the SM7's hold their speed a lot better as the fuel load wears off. I think there could be several under the old time if the weather cooperates, ice cold air temps and gorgeous Georgia sun on the track.

While I doubt that there will be any witch hunt, all of us are hoping that everyone shows up with compliant motors, and I encourage all drivers to take up Jim Creighton's offer of getting their cars whistled prior to the main event, that way we can avoid any drama in post race tech. JC, be ready with the whistler bright and early on Thursday morning!! :-) 

Danny

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

With Road Atlanta weather as cold as it's predicted, there is a strong possibility of a new Spec Miata lap record. I have been under Joey Atterbury's lap record of 1:42.716 several times on test day and in qualifying over the last two years, but our recent races have always been in hotter conditions that have hampered any lap record attempts. The SM6's were definitely grippier at this track but would fall off in speed on hot track as the fuel load wore down, but the SM7's hold their speed a lot better as the fuel load wears off. I think there could be several under the old time if the weather cooperates, ice cold air temps and gorgeous Georgia sun on the track.

While I doubt that there will be any witch hunt, all of us are hoping that everyone shows up with compliant motors, and I encourage all drivers to take up Jim Creighton's offer of getting their cars whistled prior to the main event, that way we can avoid any drama in post race tech. JC, be ready with the whistler bright and early on Thursday morning!! :-) 

Danny you are so right! No witch hunt but I do expect to have the usual checked. I paid to have my head checked the other day along with the compression so hopefully my car will be good to go. I will take Jim up on his offer to use his whistler as well. If for some unforeseen reason (which I don't think exists) that my engine whistles high at the track I have a thicker head gasket and spare head. I hope the others at least gave being compliant a little effort or I'm screwed. Regardless, as Danny said it will be a great weekend!

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

If for some unforeseen reason (which I don't think exists) that my engine whistles high at the track I have a thicker head gasket

This brings up a good point.  Is a thicker head gasket legal since it is not OEM?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

That's what I don't completely understand.  Is what you consider a "witch hunt" the same as what Jamie considers a "witch hunt"?  Is "No witch hunt" code for allowing heads that have material removed from the short side radius?  Hopefully the CRB has an answer soon.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

That's what I don't completely understand. Is what you consider a "witch hunt" the same as what Jamie considers a "witch hunt"? Is "No witch hunt" code for allowing heads that have material removed from the short side radius? Hopefully the CRB has an answer soon.

What I meant by Witch hunt was that we all go have a good time and leave the drama at home. However, I do want the rules followed and if somebody wants to look at my STR and check my compression they are more than welcome. Besides the top 3 which always get torn down we as a group can police ourselves to make sure everyone is on equal footing. If one car sticks out then we as a group can work together to send that car home in a box of needed. After what happened at the runoffs I'm hoping that everyone has a positive experience at the ARRC but that won't happen if one car shows up that seems to be suspicious.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

What I meant by Witch hunt was that we all go have a good time and leave the drama at home. However, I do want the rules followed and if somebody wants to look at my STR and check my compression they are more than welcome. Besides the top 3 which always get torn down we as a group can police ourselves to make sure everyone is on equal footing. If one car sticks out then we as a group can work together to send that car home in a box of needed. After what happened at the runoffs I'm hoping that everyone has a positive experience at the ARRC but that won't happen if one car shows up that seems to be suspicious.

AS it should be!  Those with a compression problem know who they are already, and know that is outside the rules completly, we are still trying to see where this SRT is going to shake out so why would anyone remove a head today to race, when we have no idea how this will be decided.  It is also why I was staying home.  I feel I can now race at the ARRC but had already made other plans so I am out.

I would still personally feel not proud to win the ARRC with SRT noncomplaince when so many lost their finish at runoffs, and thsi is just my opionion, if I was leading the arrc with 2 to go I would probably pull into the pits as not to win a great race with STR known to be out of bounds!

K. Webb