B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
I hope everyone knows that the petition means nothing unless you send a letter into the CRB.

There is an announcement on the petition site with the link to the CRB and will only take you a sec.to send in a quick letter in. So make your vote count and send a quick letter in with how you feel about this.

My letter # 15654
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Not looking to 'pad numbers' or anything, but I thought it best to submit two letters tot he CRB.

1. Denouncing the "stock only" head proposal resulting from the "Topeka Pow-Wow" - letter # 15579

2. Effectively tightening-up the existing rules (aka 'The Petition') with additional definitions and a minor addition of permitting deburring/blending of the STR within a certain number (left the number blank, TBD) - letter # 15581

What's the over/under on the total number of pages in FT for 12/2014?   :hugegrin:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mark Lenney

Mark Lenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:37

Please remove my signature from your petition. If I could find a way to do it I would.

When I signed the petition it specified .025" of "debur".

Now it reads .250".

These are two different things, and I don't know how you could edit the document after it was signed, but that is fraudulent.

This will now allow cars found non compliant at the runoffs to be compliant? What a sham.

My position is: Leave the rules alone, let us run the 2014 compliant heads, get rid of the heads that are not, and do not force the legitimate SM masses to cough up thousands to stay in the game.

That is what my letter to CRB says.

Mark Lenney

• Bench Racer likes this

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Please remove my signature from your petition. If I could find a way to do it I would.

When I signed the petition it specified .025" of "debur".

Now it reads .250".

These are two different things, and I don't know how you could edit the document after it was signed, but that is fraudulent.

This will now allow cars found non compliant at the runoffs to be compliant? What a sham.

My position is: Leave the rules alone, let us run the 2014 compliant heads, get rid of the heads that are not, and do not force the legitimate SM masses to cough up thousands to stay in the game.

That is what my letter to CRB says.

Mark Lenney

Mark I do not know how you un-sign the petition maybe Tom Sager can aid you in doing that. You certainly can send a letter to the CRB, Mazda and John expressing your opinion.

There was no fraud involved, an error was made by in in the text of the document but the diagram was always correct. It was caught within the first 30 to 60 minutes of posting and we corrected it as well as posted on the boards about the mistake.

As far as the numbers involved. I believe that SCCA, Mazda and NASA are going to do their own math on the subject, but if you send your letters your voice will be counted, I hope that helps.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Mr. Lenney, 

I can understand your frustration at this, nobody tried to mislead you or anyone else in any way as I know the person that posted the petition and it was proof read several times, after Tom posted the petition it was found by someone else and brought to his attention that the text and picture were contradictory.

Then a short conversation ensued that had the collective group that wrote the petition that the text was a typo and it needed to match the picture while even the pic is confusing to some.  

The measurement is from the bottom of valve seat to end of the debur it is not the measurement of the debur itself like the diagram shows.  This is for the CRB SMAC Working committee or whoever to sort out it is not our mission or charge as racers.

The petition you signed was and still is a statement that you did not want to go to stock heads.

I am sure your name can be removed if you so wish, hope this helps all understand what Mr. Lenney's post is asking.

Thank you 

The Caveman

PS. I had no input on the writing of this petition this was done by the smart people!!!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Mr. Lenney

Also I just went back to look up some things and you were poster 196 which was a full 24 hours after the petition hit the website, and about 23 hours after the text had been changed...  

If you have signers remorse I am sure you can removed...

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

AJ Roderick

US.PNG Chardon   419207 Nov 09, 2014, 02:58   2 frank Todaro US.PNG columbus 135601 415496 Nov 09, 2014, 03:01   3 Michael Collins US.PNG Woodbine   316827 Nov 09, 2014, 03:18   4 Jedd Fahnestock US.PNG STEPHENSON   416250 Nov 09, 2014, 03:25   5 Ian Brooks US.PNG Timonium   431963 Nov 09, 2014, 03:25   6 The signatory decided not to show his/her name on the Internet. 7 Christopher Haldeman US.PNG Anna 149055 412747 Nov 09, 2014, 03:30   8 Mark Nichols US.PNG Santa Clarita 109884 315036-1 Nov 09, 2014, 03:34   9 AARON PETTIPAS CA.PNG BEDFORD   405230 Nov 09, 2014, 03:43   10 shawn slattery

IN the name of full transparency these are the only possible singers of the petition with contradictory langue vs. the pic.  any of you in this list this is your chance you change your vote if you would like to.

And thank you SM community for speaking up by signing onto this petition.  

K. Webb

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

So this petition is suggesting unlimited blending by removal of material to a max depth of 1/4" below the ferrious valve seat.

The breakdown as I see it is:

-Everyone will want to improve their engine's current blending at some point

-Almost everyone but the worst cheaters remain legal

-Engine builders possibly get more business as people upgrade their heads, but not as much as throwing away all the exisiting heads.

-Techable, aside from deliberate variance in valve seat depth and thickness.

The Topeka proposal was:

-Almost everyone with non-junkyard heads are now illegal

-Almost everyone needs a new head, cheats and honest alike

-Engine builders build new heads without plunge cuts

-Not techable either?

Strict enforcement of 2014 rules, with tighter plunge cut rules:

-illegal blending and deburring makes many(?) pro engines illegal

-people with misbehaving builders get burned

-honest folks that watched their builder carefully are ok

-creative folks that put in crooked yet legal plunges get burned

• chris haldeman and Keith Slankard like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Rob if to many people get burned the class suffers...

Who watched their builder build and engine?  You mean people whos engine builder tells them the engine is ok are good?

Caution her Rob, I know more then one racer asking his builder is everything legal to get an "OF course it is"  only to tell the builder they are going to nasa champs or runoffs or there is a mechanical protest written and looking for the driver while he is on phone with builder and builder tells him at that moment Hell No it aint Legal get the hell out of there right now!

You may laugh but these are all true sadly!

K. Webb

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I have not signed though I'm in favor of allowing legal plunge cuts as the rules were  written. If a dozen or so words need to be added to the current rules to "clarify" any confusion...that would seem the simplest. 

In my brief years here, based on what i have seen first hand and what i have read about, certain illegal mods(at the time) that were deemed not "techable" have essentially been incorporated into the rules and made legal. Dewhurst posted a list at some point and predicted the STR blend would some how be made legal...I agreed.

Ironically, not only did those at the top say no, they said f%ck no!! And in the process have disenfranchised a lot of participants who pay attention and feel this is a huge over reach. It sucks so many participants have got sucked in unknowingly and are now forced to do something. But to pull over the next 100 cars on the freeway and give 75 of them tickets(25 are stock)when only 25 of them were speeding(blended STR) makes zero sense to me...maybe I'm just clueless?

I can see why many have an issue with .25" written in this proposal. I didnt look at Rich Powers pictures but i'm pretty sure .25" from the bottom of the ferrous seat metal puts you around the corner on the STR...which is where material was removed that has been found non-compliant correct?

A comment was made last weekend at the NASA Western Champs when our heads were on the table...that the tech guys had no idea what they were looking at. Well, maybe, all i know is I didnt either. But the one comment that was made was that the lack of TOOL marks anywhere was a good thing. I think the rules as written(with future clarification)is techable. But i'm not in favor of specifing a dimension that would seem to incorporate an area that is at the heart of this controversy. My 2 bits.....

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Mr. Lenney

Also I just went back to look up some things and you were poster 196 which was a full 24 hours after the petition hit the website, and about 23 hours after the text had been changed...  

If you have signers remorse I am sure you can removed...

The local mafia showed up on his door.......

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA