Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

A consequence of your decisions so far costing me a not insignificant amount of money to "fix" a car that was legal in 2014.  

Aren't you properly cheated up now, and doesn't cost you a dime, or are you one of those guys that plays by the rules? :)

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Oh and what about those guys who remove their windshield washer reservour, or their heater core and the guy who has heat tape rapped around his exhaust right over his axle...

That probably is worth 2+hp right there.

You are kidding about the tape on the exhaust back at the rear improving power, right?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I just picked a camber number...  -2.5, -2.6, -2.875489...  Whatever, it's the intent of why IMO a cap may be a good idea.  Also, it's how I answered Steve's question - that's all.

Levity Duncan.  You're taking this shit too seriously.

John you crack me up, you are sitting on one of the biggest issues facing this class since its inception, and your are instigating on a Max camber rule. Drago give John an instigator award, He is just messing with us now. Shame on you Johnny.

I will bite for the sake of your amusement.

Ok this is why i think this would be a con.

As a new racer coming into the class he would need to find a pro shop to do is car set up, they would be the only ones to set up the car such that it would be compliant, he sure could not take the car to the muffler shop down the street. If there were no pro shops around then he would have to buy scales and a string kit, but that does not solve the problem.

At the track we can use the track scales for making weight but we will have to bring our Camber gear to the track to keep camber in check. At tracks like Atlanta and Road America where the gators are huge, it can take one session to knock out the toe and camber.

The next problem is finding a flat place to check your stuff. at a place like Mid O its not easy to find a flat spot and even harder if everyone is looking for a flat spot.

Then comes the tech. do we do this when the tires are hot at 38 or cold at 28, that is a factor as the camber will change. If the limit is 2.5 and roll a 2.6 i will be asking them to keep rechecking till i get the 2.5  because the camber gauge will bounce most of the time.

I still think we have bigger fish to fry just another reason for some not willing to work this hard to find another class.

Now John Quit it.

• john mueller likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

You are kidding about the tape on the exhaust back at the rear improving power, right?

You mean the window washer bottle delete isn't +2???

I was always under the impression I was losing to that guy because he was a cheater!!!!

Is it April 1 yet stevo????

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

For some of us it is always April 1, just started to wonder about you. 😉
  • 38bfast likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Now John Quit it.

Okay I will.  Thanks Frank.  

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Kevin B

Kevin B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:37

HoneyBadger, I'm not trying to pick a fight but is your sig line accurate and you run a '99?

You may want to sit down b/c as a '92 and '95 owner, I'll admit it hit me hard the first time I had to face it too...

If your '99 won't get to the ideal camber angles legally with unmolested, new parts, your car just might be an "underdog" in that specific arena and you might have uncovered an item NA owner's have learned to label a performance or asset ownership "deficit".  I believe "tough shit, prep harder, drive better" is generally accepted as the likely response from those not in your exact situation.  : )

But I'm still in the naïve IIDSYC... camp, just 6 years in.

Kevin B.

• Steve Scheifler and Mike Babcock like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

"There's nothing more dangerous than an honest man."
- Sal (Gotham)

I knew that show reminded me of something!
Seriously, the parallels are amusing.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Oh by the way Dave the spindles are a forging not cast iron. Completely different manufacturing process. Also comes with completely different material properties. Forgings are much more durable and ductil. If you google forging you will find all the information you would ever need about the process and its properties.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Oh by the way Dave the spindles are a forging not cast iron. Completely different manufacturing process. Also comes with completely different material properties. Forgings are much more durable and ductil. If you google forging you will find all the information you would ever need about the process and its properties.

Ralph you are starting to sound like Dewhurst  :banana:  :banana:  Stop it.

• FTodaro likes this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Ralph you are starting to sound like Dewhurst  :banana:  :banana:  Stop it.

Dave, we all know, facts don't mean $hit on this site. That's why some do selective rule reading and use selective rule understanding.:rotfl:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Dave, we all know, facts don't mean $hit on this site. That's why some do selective rule reading and use selective rule understanding. :rotfl:

Some cnt read and can barely tipe... we need ther rules boks on audio...

K. Webb