Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

MPR,

Chill, dude.  The SMAC met on Nov 19th.  Your letter came in after the last meeting, which was on the 15th of October.  They reviewed your letter at their first meeting after it was submitted, and forwarded it to the CRB.  I guess what the F is wrong with the system is that everyone involved has some sort of life.  Pardon them for not dropping everything to process your letter immediately upon your submission.  

wheel 

p.s., since the December SMAC call is on the 17th, make sure to send in your next letter on about the 15th. Then you can post here how efficient the system is that your letter was moved up to the CRB in only two or three days.  SMAC call, third Tuesday of the month, every month, since - well - forever.

• Mike Collins and Alberto like this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

MPR,

Chill, dude.  The SMAC met on Nov 19th.  Your letter came in after the last meeting, which was on the 15th of October.  They reviewed your letter at their first meeting after it was submitted, and forwarded it to the CRB.  I guess what the F is wrong with the system is that everyone involved has some sort of life.  Pardon them for not dropping everything to process your letter immediately upon your submission.  

wheel 

p.s., since the December SMAC call is on the 17th, make sure to send in your next letter on about the 15th. Then you can post here how efficient the system is that your letter was moved up to the CRB in only two or three days.  SMAC call, third Tuesday of the month, every month, since - well - forever.

Thank you for your considered response.  

I was under the impression my letter went straight to the CRB.  

As that is how the website portrays the process.  

If you can't understand the frustration level of the members at this point maybe it is time you step down and go race your AS.  I will happily take your place and work for the members.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

MPR,

wheel 

Oh and the SCCA is making rules and conduction tests without the members letters, also known as input.  That is my problem, no wonder they didn't respond to petition in any reasonable fashion.  They were too busy making new rules. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

No new rules have been passed regarding SM.  All input has been read and digested.  The process is being followed with this issue as it is with all issues.  If you want to serve, submit a resume outlining your extensive service to the SCCA, and you will be considered for a position for which you are suited.

Thanks,

wheel

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER

Wheel, you stated above that the SMAC next meeting is on December 17th. So does that mean the CRB will decide on the issue on their December 13th. meeting

before the SMAC meeting, if not so then we will NOT have a decision until January ?

Are the dates above correct ?

Ademir Feedumenti

S.A.C. racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

I'm the one that answered the letters today.  I answered 227 to be precise.  Many of them were on the same topic, thus the delay.

The SMAC does have an opinion on the rules and is submitting that to the CRB for consideration and presentation to the BoD based on MEMBER INPUT...not some outside the rules method.  We have taken our time and have been very deliberate with the wording of our proposal/rule.  We will post it here when we send it to CRB.  Should come VERY shortly.

In an effort of transparency and disclosure....Those that felt that they needed to abstain from this process did.

If you have a question about the process, feel free to ask me.

• MPR22, James York and Bad Rusty like this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Wheel, you stated above that the SMAC next meeting is on December 17th. So does that mean the CRB will decide on the issue on their December 13th. meeting

before the SMAC meeting, if not so then we will NOT have a decision until January ?

Are the dates above correct ?

Ademir Feedumenti

S.A.C. racing

The SMAC's recommendation will be in the CRB's hands prior to the CRB's meeting so that it can be presented to the BoD in a timely fashion.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

This is the schedule correct ??  12/2 and then 12/13. See below

Jim W, what does a 12/17 SMAC have to do with any of this?

SMAC should already be done with their recomendation, correct ?? 

They're just working on other business, letters, suggestions as normal, correct ?

But not on this subject.

J~

The SMAC met in a conference call on Wed night, 19 Nov.  After a lengthly discussion, the CRB liaisons asked the SMAC to review all of the letters posted to date.  Most of the letters were sent in before the last SM Group release on the 14th, which dropped the time limitation on the plunge cut heads. Accordingly, many of the letters did not deal with the latest release.  The SMAC was asked to prepare a recommendation for the CRB.  

The CRB has a conference call on 2 DEC that will be dedicated totally to this issue.  At the conclusion of that call, the CRB will have a recommendation to (officially) present to the BoD for their face-to-face meeting on 13 DEC.  We will publish some type of Advisory as soon as we can after the meeting - probably the next day, and we will give our recommendation to our BoD liaisons at the end of the meeting.  Obviously, this is all compressed way beyond the usual time frame to which we try to adhere.  It is always tough to work through issues, before the end of the year, that show up at the Runoffs.   This is certainly no exception to that problem.

Normally the CRB would send up a REC for 2015, which would be voted on by the BoD, accepting or rejecting the specific proposal as recommended.  I do not expect this to be handled in any other manner.

The only real difference, between this and the normal process, will be that you will have a shorter window to make your comments to the www.crbscca letter system.  Review the CRB recommendation and post a SHORT response to the letter system.  

The CRB has a one day face-to-face meeting on 11 DEC and we will review all of your input.  I will then take that, and the CRB comments, to the BoD when I present all the proposed rule changes on Sat, 13 Dec.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

The CRB meets on 2 December.  The SM issue will be the first thing on the agenda (probably the only thing).   Although the "book" has already been submitted for the BoD meeting on 12-13 December, we will submit an addendum to that list which will include everything the SMAC and the CRB did concerning the future of SM.  After the CRB meeting next week, we will post our recommendation as soon as we can, so that members may express their opinions before the BoD meeting.  As I said before, the fact that the Runoffs is late in the season puts a time crunch on things that compresses the time for member input before the season for new rules ends.

wheel

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I'm the one that answered the letters today.  I answered 227 to be precise.  Many of them were on the same topic, thus the delay.

The SMAC does have an opinion on the rules and is submitting that to the CRB for consideration and presentation to the BoD based on MEMBER INPUT...not some outside the rules method.  We have taken our time and have been very deliberate with the wording of our proposal/rule.  We will post it here when we send it to CRB.  Should come VERY shortly.

In an effort of transparency and disclosure....Those that felt that they needed to abstain from this process did.

Thank you and the SMAC for your efforts.

• Alberto, RacerX and Bad Rusty like this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Johnny D, and Chris 70,

I pointed out the date of the December SMAC meeting and the fact that all future meetings are on the 3rd Wed of the month, so that you all can make comments before the meeting  and see immediate feedback. This rather than sending in something the day after the meeting and not have any response until after the meeting the following month, as seemed to chafe on MPR.

• Johnny D likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Thank you for keeping things as transparent as possible. 

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

No new rules have been passed regarding SM.  All input has been read and digested.  The process is being followed with this issue as it is with all issues.  If you want to serve, submit a resume outlining your extensive service to the SCCA, and you will be considered for a position for which you are suited.

Thanks,

wheel

No new rules have officially been approved, however we have received multiple e-mails from the SCCA, John Mueller and Mazda implying new rules for the heads will be forthcoming.  They have gone so far as to say they are strongly considering stock heads for the near future for all SM competitors.  

I will be happy to send in my resume, it has ZERO service to the SCCA.  If that is a criteria for the position then you can keep the same group you have running it that are making everyone so happy.  Everyone that I know that serves at the pleasure of the SCCA has told me the same thing.  Its a broken bureaucracy that hates change and new people are welcomed with sit down and shut the "F" up and we will all get along fine.  

If you don't think you are part of the problem then review your reaction to a complaint from a fellow member:

MPR,

wheel 

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

No new rules have officially been approved, however we have received multiple e-mails from the SCCA, John Mueller and Mazda implying new rules for the heads will be forthcoming.  They have gone so far as to say they are strongly considering stock heads for the near future for all SM competitors.  

I will be happy to send in my resume, it has ZERO service to the SCCA.  If that is a criteria for the position then you can keep the same group you have running it that are making everyone so happy.  Everyone that I know that serves at the pleasure of the SCCA has told me the same thing.  Its a broken bureaucracy that hates change and new people are welcomed with sit down and shut the "F" up and we will all get along fine.  

If you don't think you are part of the problem then review your reaction to a complaint from a fellow member:

MPR,

wheel 

MPR,

I think we are all feeling the same way, but I assure you are barking up the wrong tree. Wheel is one of the good guys......  There are many good people working on the problem and he is one of them...    Some maybe not so much........

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

No new rules have officially been approved, however we have received multiple e-mails from the SCCA, John Mueller and Mazda implying new rules for the heads will be forthcoming. They have gone so far as to say they are strongly considering stock heads for the near future for all SM competitors.

You have to see it as, SCCA/NASA/MAZDA broke protocol making those statements.

SMAC/CRB are following protocol, but seems late to the party because those statement came out so quickly (damage control ??)

Will SCCA/NASA/MAZDA do what they want?

Will ^^ listen to the SMAC/CRB recommendations? I said before, some are lame ducks now, but the system is in place and works.

When they say "stock head" are they really meaning "legal" because their not that technical ??

Really the findings from Topeka should of been shared with SMAC/CRB but was it,

will it, will there be another round of weights/RP SMAC/CRB recomendations.

So is this next meeting just to say we're going to stock head or not ?

Will have to see how this plays out,

They are moving faster than normal.

But the order in which things are going are a little mixed, IMO.

I do think they all do a great job and have our best interests at heart.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

MPR,

I think we are all feeling the same way, but I assure you are barking up the wrong tree. Wheel is one of the good guys......  There are many good people working on the problem and he is one of them...    Some maybe not so much........

I was going to say the same thing. I think the SMAC and Wheel is advancing our interests. There was a time when we were not sure the SMAC would be included at all. This the purpose of this original post of this thread, then Ralph shared that the SMAC will participate. I also wanted to say that i think the SMAC has gotten a bad deal in this thing, a lot of unfounded criticism based upon appearance but not fact, IMO.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

r
Craig, after you solve this problem, high chair and I would like you to get a 4 point plan for the economy. King, politician, it's all the same

I like the way you think!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

:rotfl:

Mazda commericial theme song. So don't worry, everythings going to be safe and sound.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=pspLuXjgrBY

https://www.youtube....h?v=47dtFZ8CFo8

I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
and take you where you want to be

You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound

I could fill your cup
You know my river won't evaporate
This world we still appreciate

You could be my luck
Even in a hurricane of frowns

Safe and sound
Safe and sound
Hold your ground
Safe and sound

I could show you love
In a tidal wave of mystery
You'll still be standing next to me

You could be my luck
Even if we're six feet underground

Safe and sound
we're safe and sound
Safe and sound
we're safe and sound
Hold your ground
we're safe and sound
Safe and sound
---
Read more at http://www.lyrics.co...3TtoJP3ok5ph.99

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

The CRB meets on 2 December.  The SM issue will be the first thing on the agenda (probably the only thing).   Although the "book" has already been submitted for the BoD meeting on 12-13 December, we will submit an addendum to that list which will include everything the SMAC and the CRB did concerning the future of SM.  After the CRB meeting next week, we will post our recommendation as soon as we can, so that members may express their opinions before the BoD meeting.  As I said before, the fact that the Runoffs is late in the season puts a time crunch on things that compresses the time for member input before the season for new rules ends.

wheel

Wheel,

Any insights from this meeting and proposal to BOD?  Very interested in hearing about the data from the special committee.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA