Photo

Non OEM Inner Bushings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Thanks

$35.00, works well

OTC-7315A__75084.1407535494.1280.1280.jp

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian129

Brian129

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Thanks

$35.00, works well

Huum. Gues who owns a new tool! ;) Thanks!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Huum. Gues who owns a new tool! ;) Thanks!

Don't remember, I may nave needed to remove the swivel, it pops off, not an issue.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:92

Thanks

$35.00, works well

Harbor Freight?

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Harbor Freight?

CRS, can't remember shit.

Brian129

Brian129

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Lol, I went off the number on the picture

OTC 7315A

http://www.amazon.co...i=AC_SY200_QL40

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58

I used something like the above when a few joints wouldn't come loose with a BFH. It was the first time these joints had been touched. Worked great on one, crushed the threads on another (hint: spin the nut to the top of the threads and leave it on), didn't work on the other and had to resort to the pickle-fork, which cut the boot. Still, worth having one in the tool box.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I ordered some whiteline bushings. They worked well. I did pin them to make sure they dont rotate. I was able to get more camber than we have ever run, so they should be a very good solution for all.  IMO the bushings were a good call and will provide more than enough needed camber.

Perhaps, allowing the inner rear upper arm holes to be elongated might be a good addition? I have run into this from time to time where a subframe is slightly tweaked or just stuck at 2.25 degrees and wanted 2.75 etc. With no time to swap subframes, it would be nice to be able to "legally" elongate that hole rather than swap the subframe and all that goes with it. Against class philosophy, but spending a lot of money and time for something that can be addressed in 5 minutes and no dollars seems to go against common sense. Just my 2 cents :)  

Jim

• RussMcB and Steve Scheifler like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Against class philosophy, but spending a lot of money and time for something that can be addressed in 5 minutes and no dollars seems to go against common sense. Just my 2 cents :)

Jim

Is this ^ a universal thought or only for camber?   :bigsquaregrin:

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Is this ^ a universal thought or only for camber?   :bigsquaregrin:

nope not universal

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I used something like the above when a few joints wouldn't come loose with a BFH. It was the first time these joints had been touched. Worked great on one, crushed the threads on another (hint: spin the nut to the top of the threads and leave it on), didn't work on the other and had to resort to the pickle-fork, which cut the boot. Still, worth having one in the tool box.

I have had good luck getting things apart with an air chisel.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Perhaps, allowing the inner rear upper arm holes to be elongated might be a good addition? I have run into this from time to time where a subframe is slightly tweaked or just stuck at 2.25 degrees and wanted 2.75 etc. With no time to swap subframes, it would be nice to be able to "legally" elongate that hole rather than swap the subframe and all that goes with it. Against class philosophy, but spending a lot of money and time for something that can be addressed in 5 minutes and no dollars seems to go against common sense. Just my 2 cents :)  

Jim

Jim the proper way to request a change is to send a letter to the CRB. Thank you for your input.

LOL.

Sorry Jim couldn't resist.
  • Jim Drago, mhiggins10 and Steve Scheifler like this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I decided to remove the ISC bushings from one arm to reposition them, but the bench press is not very convenient for them compared to the rubber ones. So I decided to do it the old fashion way, and then it occurred to me that the same method might be useful for people doing the bushing swap at home without a bench press. The picture below shows the removal of a stock bushing, but by flipping it around you can install new stock or ISC bushings. The hole in the ISC bushing is offset so it needs a smaller washer but it works just fine since the bushing is so rigid, or even better you could create an offset washer. The control arm in the picture is a spare already off the car but you could probably do this job without even removing the control arm from the spindle.

1_28_12_14_11_14_29.jpg

• RussMcB likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Nice set up Steve now that is a helpful post. I have a press but its nice to have alternatives especially if at the track and wanting to swap out an upper control arm now.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
A press is tricky anyway. Pushing out old runner bushings you can go either way if you don't care about damaging them, or the big-end lip can be teased through the collar, but solid bushings must be pressed out from the inside due to the large/flange end, and that same flange makes it impossible to support the arm with a simple collar. The only issue here is that you don't want to spread or collapse the arms relative to each other, but it shouldn't take that much force.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

NASA will adopt the non-metal language for the Offset rule allowing it to be more open as SCCA has.

MazdaSpeed (Whiteline) & ISC are currently all on back order with a 3-to-4 week delivery lead-time

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

You told me via email that NASA is going to require the Mazda Motorsports provided bushing?  Is this no longer the case?   The ISC bushing will be legal?

Duncan

NASA will adopt the non-metal language for the Offset rule allowing it to be more open as SCCA has.

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

You told me via email that NASA is going to require the Mazda Motorsports provided bushing?  Is this no longer the case?   The ISC bushing will be legal?

Duncan

Yes, I made an errors by assuming something, I was wrong.   MazdaSpeed (Whiteline) & ISC are currently all on back order with a 3-to-4 week delivery lead-time.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:13

Yes, I made an errors by assuming something, I was wrong.   MazdaSpeed (Whiteline) & ISC are currently all on back order with a 3-to-4 week delivery lead-time.

Well crap. I ordered the MazdaSpeed bushings as soon as you posted it would be spec in NASA. So does Mazda have a supplier yet and will they be delrin or some other material? 

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Well crap. I ordered the MazdaSpeed bushings as soon as you posted it would be spec in NASA. So does Mazda have a supplier yet and will they be delrin or some other material? 

MazdaSpeed has a supplier, they will be made of a synthetic material like most the kits sold.  Place your orders, MazdaSpeed, Whiteline & ISC are currently all on back order with a 3-to-4 week delivery lead-time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users