Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

good work  :thumbsup:

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

... My old 510 has urethane binding issues in a similar application but 2 separate bolts which probably makes the problem worse.

510 pics?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

This will be up as a Race Memo on Monday.  It is a clarification of the bushing rule to further define what you can use.

For camber adjustment only - inner suspension bushings, on the front upper control arms, may be replaced with non-metallic offset bushings. The bushings may use metal (inner and/or outer) sleeve(s).  Material and design must be the same in all four positions.  The control arm may be modified to allow for pinning the bushing to prevent rotation.  Spherical bearings are not allowed

Why are you yelling ! Lol :)
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Why are you yelling ! Lol :)

THAT WOULD BE ALL CAPS KUCH!!!!!!

Big font is for us old guys :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

I sometime YELL when my hearing aid batteries run out, but I fonfor the old guys.

mvzante

mvzante

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Region:DMVR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:44

I used your example to remove the bushings in my control arms.  It worked great, thanks for posting!  

I'm replacing bushings all around and on the the lowers you can drive the bushing out from the outside so I used my impact gun to turn the rod coupler and drove it out no problem, shown in picture below.

2015-01-04%2015.12.48.jpg?_subject_uid=2

I decided to remove the ISC bushings from one arm to reposition them, but the bench press is not very convenient for them compared to the rubber ones. So I decided to do it the old fashion way, and then it occurred to me that the same method might be useful for people doing the bushing swap at home without a bench press. The picture below shows the removal of a stock bushing, but by flipping it around you can install new stock or ISC bushings. The hole in the ISC bushing is offset so it needs a smaller washer but it works just fine since the bushing is so rigid, or even better you could create an offset washer. The control arm in the picture is a spare already off the car but you could probably do this job without even removing the control arm from the spindle.

1_28_12_14_11_14_29.jpg

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I sometime YELL when my hearing aid batteries run out, but I fonfor the old guys.

sometimes you have to Yell when people do not listen

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

sometimes you have to Yell when people do not listen

That does not work here... 

• FTodaro likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Eric Orton

Eric Orton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Pennsylvania
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:33

I placed an order for these: http://www.whiteline...sp?prod=W52208 

I was then sent an email and told it would take 4-8 weeks as I expected from what I was reading here.  However, earlier today I received the following e-mail:

Hello,I am sorry to bother you again, but the manufacturer has made us aware that they have discontinued this part. We have cancelled and refunded this order. This should be reflected in your account in the next few business days. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help.

Any idea what that's about?  Do I have the wrong Whiteline part number?

Thanks!

Eric Orton

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I opened your link. The company within your link is WhiteLine Suspension Parts, a sales outfit. Find the number fot WhiteLine, the manufacture to get the real story.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Eric Orton

Eric Orton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

I opened your link. The company within your link is WhiteLine Suspension Parts, a sales outfit. Find the number fot WhiteLine, the manufacture to get the real story.

Seems whiteline.com.au has the same part but with an A attached to the end of the part number.

http://www.whiteline..._number=W52208A

I contacted them back to see if this is actually the part number and am waiting to hear back.

Does W52208A look familiar to anyone?

Eric Orton

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Seems whiteline.com.au has the same part but with an A attached to the end of the part number.

http://www.whiteline..._number=W52208A

I contacted them back to see if this is actually the part number and am waiting to hear back.

Does W52208A look familiar to anyone?

I had talked to WhiteLine a few weeks back and the part number with the "A" has a split outer tube, in my words like a roll pin. Still presses in, but with less force. Let us all know your answer from WhiteLine.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I had talked to WhiteLine a few weeks back and the part number with the "A" has a split outer tube, in my words like a roll pin. Still presses in, but with less force. Let us all know your answer from WhiteLine.

I have these bushings in my car.. they were and absolute %$^& to put in! They work well and I like this design better than the 2 piece versions, but these have since been discontinued and the new bushing is a two piece. It is now a two piece as it will be much easier to install. 

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Eric Orton

Eric Orton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Here's what I heard back from Whiteline:

"The info that you received from the supplier is entirely correct. W52208 is/was the bushing accepted by SCCA for Spec Miata cars, and it has been superseded by KCA452 recently. KCA452 is the bushing that you would need to install to take full advantage of the recent rule change.

W52208A is still an active part number, but it is the non-adjustable version of the bushing and would not serve the intended purpose that you are after.

March is our expected ETA for KCA452, but we our pushing our warehouse to try and get them out sooner."

Eric Orton

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Would like to know how the new part differs from the old.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I have these bushings in my car.. they were and absolute %$^& to put in! They work well and I like this design better than the 2 piece versions, but these have since been discontinued and the new bushing is a two piece. It is now a two piece as it will be much easier to install. 

Jim

Per my info from WhiteLine:

W52208, picture on their site, original offset bushing was a three piece, outer sleeve inner sleeve and offset rubber between.

W52208A, no picture on their site, verbal description from WhiteLine employee, outer sleeve is split, other parts are the same. I took this info to mean, split like a roll pin.

KCA452 part number, no picture on WhiteLine site and phone bussy.

Jim, please describe your  %$^& part along with your 2 piece part, it will be much easier to install.

EDIT:

Just talked to WhiteLine, they will if they have it, send a picture/drawing or at least a description of part number KCA452 and I will post.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Received a response from WhiteLine. Within the written response at the page bottom, "This e-mail (and any files transmitted with it) is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed".

The KCA452 offset bushing will be very similar to the offset bushing W52208 shown within the WhiteLine Suspension Parts catalog.

The KCA452 bushing will retain the original characteristics of W52208 (IE: a one piece bonded bushing with a steel sleeve).The only difference is some slight knurling and grease retention methods are being added to the inside bore of the bushing.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Received a response from WhiteLine. Within the written response at the page bottom, "This e-mail (and any files transmitted with it) is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed".

The KCA452 offset bushing will be very similar to the offset bushing W52208 shown within the WhiteLine Suspension Parts catalog.

The KCA452 bushing will retain the original characteristics of W52208 (IE: a one piece bonded bushing with a steel sleeve).The only difference is some slight knurling and grease retention methods are being added to the inside bore of the bushing.

That language my be on every email they send you might ask if you are permitted to share on this site where they will have a target customer.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

That language my be on every email they send you might ask if you are permitted to share on this site where they will have a target customer.

Previous to receiving their e-mail response the guy on the phone said the info could be shared on the MazdaRacers site, but because of the note on the e-mail, I thought maybe I better not share the full e-mail response.

If anyone wants further info on what the offset bushings look like go to WhiteLine Suspension Parts and enter part number W52208 and the same pictuire will come up thaty they sent me via e-mail.

Or open this, http://www.whiteline...asp?prod=W52208

Below is there additional comment about the bushings.

That is not the case, this bushing will retain the original characteristics of W52208 (IE: a one piece bonded bushing with a steel sleeve). Below is an image of what the bushing will look like (only difference is some slight knurling and grease retention methods are being added to the inside bore of the bushing. This means that once the bushing is pressed into place at the desired angel, it can no longer be adjusted/changed. I hope this has helped clarify some info about KCA452, but please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

As Orton13 posted, they expect the bushings mid March.

deyan

deyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:MI

I decided to remove the ISC bushings from one arm to reposition them, but the bench press is not very convenient for them compared to the rubber ones. So I decided to do it the old fashion way, and then it occurred to me that the same method might be useful for people doing the bushing swap at home without a bench press. The picture below shows the removal of a stock bushing, but by flipping it around you can install new stock or ISC bushings. The hole in the ISC bushing is offset so it needs a smaller washer but it works just fine since the bushing is so rigid, or even better you could create an offset washer. The control arm in the picture is a spare already off the car but you could probably do this job without even removing the control arm from the spindle.

1_28_12_14_11_14_29.jpg

I would caution anyone trying this method...$130 mistake, bent two arms, doesn't take much to bend them....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users