Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
Congrats Alex on Q1. No big suprise, an amazing talent. Good Luck to all this weekend, especially my buddy Buras!
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

mmcspecracer

mmcspecracer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:36
Heard that two BSI cars were caught with illegal restrictor plates. If this is true, its good news bad news. The good news is that tech is actually doing something. The bad news is that despite all the warnings about increased tech, we still have have guys showing up to a majors race blatantly cheating. Really? Restrictor plate issues at a Majors?

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Heard that two BSI cars were caught with illegal restrictor plates. If this is true, its good news bad news. The good news is that tech is actually doing something. The bad news is that despite all the warnings about increased tech, we still have have guys showing up to a majors race blatantly cheating. Really? Restrictor plate issues at a Majors?

"What you heard" is technically correct. But not quite sure I would call it "Blatantly Cheating"

When we introduced the 38 mm plate, SCCA did not have enough supply. The same plates were made but not anodized or serialized and next day aired to the track by the same company that manufactures the anodized plates. I personally handed them to those who ordered plates and did not receive them. These plates were to be used ONLY until the new anodized plates were in stock. These plates were never changed and should have been. They were the correct size, but still not compliant to the rule.. They were and should have been written up.( I do not know the penalty)

Not sure I would call it blatant cheating though? Stupid, lazy and perhaps even cheap... But blatant cheating is a little much.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

mmcspecracer

mmcspecracer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:36

"What you heard" is technically correct. But not quite sure I would call it "Blatantly Cheating"When we introduced the 38 mm plate, SCCA did not have enough supply. The same plates were made but not anodized or serialized and next day aired to the track by the same company that manufactures the anodized plates. I personally handed them to those who ordered plates and did not receive them. These plates were to be used ONLY until the new anodized plates were in stock. These plates were never changed and should have been. They were the correct size, but still not compliant to the rule.. They were and should have been written up.( I do not know the penalty)Not sure I would call it blatant cheating though? Stupid, lazy and perhaps even cheap... But blatant cheating is a little much.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree, if thats the case, definitely not cheating in the sense that it gives you no advantage. I was somewhat speechless that anyone would spend the money and time to go to a Majors where they are going to step up tech and try and blatantly cheat by slipping an enlarged restrictor plate through tech.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Q1
http://scca.cdn.race.../G1_Qualify.pdf

Q2
http://scca.cdn.race...1_Qualify_2.pdf

Sat Grid
http://scca.cdn.race...ts/G1_Grid1.pdf
J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
Wow just looking at the lap times throughout the field just goes to show how close our class is

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pitbull113

pitbull113

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:01 ITA

Thanks for posting but the link for Q2 is for SRF not SM.

Steve Elicati
1994 ITA miata #01

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

ALex Bolanos, you have our respect. To build your own car, finish it pretty much at the track, and put it on the pole at a Majors event in its shakedown run, is nothing but amazing! Congrats. And congrats to all the fast guys up front. Tomorrows race is going to be fun.  A lot of drivers have been spinning out on the track, and I hope we can stay green for the duration. Captain Awesome plans to move up!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Thanks for posting but the link for Q2 is for SRF not SM.

Doh!!!, thanks, corrected.
J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:56

The race is going to be very interesting; "Captain Amazing" stated, he will be moving up! I am sure a lot feel this way,.The thing about homestead, there are no really good passing zones, if you fight one corner and lose a tenth or two, the person running the correct line :bomb: in front runs away. My prediction, it could be a run away race if people running for 3rd on back dont work together...

Just Sayin...

• Danny Steyn likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

The race is going to be very interesting; "Captain Amazing" stated, he will be moving up! I am sure a lot feel this way,.The thing about homestead, there are no really good passing zones, if you fight one corner and lose a tenth or two, the person running the correct line :bomb: in front runs away. My prediction, it could be a run away race if people running for 3rd on back dont work together...

Just Sayin...

Danny is Captain Awesome.. Who is Captain Amazing ? Charb?  :pessimist:

Oh, I got it now.. Danny is Captain Amazingly Awesone. I see a new shirt in someones future :)

• john mueller, True North and Danny Steyn like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Great job folks!!!

http://scca.cdn.race...ce_Official.pdf

Announcements
New Track Record (1:38.417) for SM by Todd Buras.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

So after whistle gate and STR gate the fast guys are still fast and setting records. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Compliance team is there... checked a few things including compression today, Sealed the top three cars along with one random.. 

Doing the same tomorrow and pulling heads off of all.  could be up to 8 cars

The race to watch tomorrow may be the one of people backing up to forth :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

The race to watch tomorrow may be the one of people backing up to forth :)

Naw, tell me it ain't the truth. The pointy end don't cheat, it's those mid pack guys, ask the folks from Texas.

Maybe they better back up to 7th.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SMRollan

SMRollan

Selin so many cars, I'm Rollan in the Dough

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:87
Losing 3rd on the last lap isn't fun :( that was a bummer.

2011 NASA Florida Spec Miata Champion

2012, 2013 SARRC Championship Runner Up

2013 SCCA Florida Region Champion

2014 SARRC Champion
2017 Champion in Davison's Heart <3

Apex Alignment - BSI Racing - Rossini Racing Products

You've been served - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats Elivan and the podium. Hang in there Selin... We have all felt that, you will get it tomorrow
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Thrilling race today.  One of the most intense races I have been in. So close everywhere. All braking at the same place, all getting to gas at the same time, all shifting at the same spots, all glued to each others bumpers.

Draft is huge here - at least 0.7 seconds with a partner. So staying in the hunt was critical. And we all did our best. Really the race was all about NOT MAKING MISTAKES. So many of us at the front stil screwed up the 2-3 shifts. See the front runners screw up as well!

On the 2nd last lap a missed shift entering the oval sent me back to 6th with no hope of a podium, but on the last lap Charbs and Bolanos got together and I got by them both, and then Selin lost 3rd gear and I was back in 3rd, and I held it to the line, just holding off Bolanos. Up front Elivan and Todd had a great run to the line with Elivan edging out Todd by mm. Todd ended up with a new lap record.

• Tyson Schwiesow likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Naw, tell me it ain't the truth. The pointy end don't cheat, it's those mid pack guys, ask the folks from Texas.

Maybe they better back up to 7th.

IHe's not talking about cheaters, he's saying nobody wants to tear apart their car when they have to be racing again in less than a week.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

IHe's not talking about cheaters, he's saying nobody wants to tear apart their car when they have to be racing again in less than a week.

we have just one 1.8 oem mazda head gasket set left on the trailer, those that need it to race at sebring can find us by the sunoco pumps.

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users