• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

We have the filter on.
J~

Can someone give J~ a stir the pot award, please? 

:devil:  :hatchet:  :chainsaw1:

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Ok Tom, I am glad your region doesn't require it then because it sure sounds like you guys would be unable to use the video in any adult manner there in Texas (testiness). Sounds like you are saying you boys will be boys and no amount of evidence would convince you one way or another of anything different to what you already believe. Kinda sounds like your politics in Texas too but that is another topic :) (humor) . So F the officials and trying to make it easier on them and any official that would suggest we do mandate them is just trying to make your life miserable and difficult for you to compete (sarcasm).

Sorry I dared mention other sports other than racing (more sarcasm). I thought the point might get through that gopros are so prevalent in the sporting community that the financial argument seemed to be moot. It was also supposed to support the usage of the camera argument and to show that it isn't uncommon at all for the cameras to be used to record our glory moments solely for the purpose of enjoying watching them. Yes many racers including myself use them as training tools. That was never in contention. I was only trying to say that they are so common out there that there really isn't a strong financial argument for pushing back on this if it ever became a reg.

That just leaves your argument that you just don't like to be told what to do. Fair enough. I guess now that you are all grown up and work for yourself that you never really have to deal with being told what to do anymore ( or have a wife,,,,, more humor and sarcasm).

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Stir the pot award?

You seem to be doing your fair share of that Tom

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

I can see you guys in tech...

https://www.youtube....h?v=PibDMGxiyJw 

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Stir the pot award?

You seem to be doing your fair share of that Tom

From your last...one might reasonably give you the award, as well.  (Humor).  

Did you really just play the "Texas vs. California" politics card?  (incredulity, humor, and  I won't touch that with a 10 foot pole)

We just settle all our incidents with an old fashioned, Wild-West, duel.  (humor, sarcasm, cheekiness)

I can see you guys in tech...

https://www.youtube....h?v=PibDMGxiyJw

J~

:rotfl:

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Oh I did lay that card. But only in good fun and because the shoe fit.

Team Nitro

Team Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:83

OK this should stir the pot a bit. The next NASA race @ TH April 18-19 a smart phone with the SPOTTER app  is required to be mounted in the car.

side note: I was not happy about the GoPro rule either, but I love it now . Coming  from karting and all the disagreement about he did this and he did that is gone !

Team Nitro- Greg & Nitro Nick Sommers

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

OK this should stir the pot a bit. The next NASA race @ TH April 18-19 a smart phone with the SPOTTER app  is required to be mounted in the car.
side note: I was not happy about the GoPro rule either, but I love it now . Coming  from karting and all the disagreement about he did this and he did that is gone !

It's all official ?
It's in the Supps ?
FYI, your phone screen changes colors to the flags on the track, also local yellow, etc, are displayed on your phone.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

a smart phone with the SPOTTER app  is

I downloaded the spotter app, but it just seems to deal with lifting weights.  Help?!?

P.S. ;)

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Someone in race control will have to fat finger in flags, they will be late getting the info in, they will be late removing the info, and there will be mistakes.

There will also be spotty internet service at a lot of tracks.

OTOH, looks like only $120 more a year to add service to an old android tablet with t-mobile.

I guess with a fast official in race control and good service this could make sense.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Super - everyone is already trying to kill me on the street because they can't drive without staring at their phone. Now we have smart phones in race cars too. What's next - on-track selfies.

Why not just make the leap to self-driving race cars and we can all sit and watch in the stands (on our devices, of course) and guzzle beer.

God Almightly, it's a nation of vidiots.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Pretty sure there is 1 ruler of NASA and he makes the calls...at least the final decision! Would he be King Vidiot Denny?(this is tongue in check...not a Jerry hater! In fact I like more of his policies than not. Be interesting if this sticks?)

Rather than an app so you have to drive around with your expensive smart phone velcrowed to your dash...how about a simple device that only pics up a local beacon?

Plus...how can you see race monitor if you have to have this silly spotter ap?  :wacko:  ;)

I'd hate people to start relying on spotter and not have eyes up at flag stations...you know this will happen!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

How about we just require drivers to see the flags? if you cant see the flag you cant see your smart device changing colors either.  

• Jamz14 and ECOBRAP like this

K. Webb