Ryan Wellman

Ryan Wellman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:91

Just called about reserving a campsite and they are fully booked including a long waiting list because of that festival.  Can we talk to Dave/Luc about paying extra to stay in the paddock as Ron suggests?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

John:

We checked with the track and the cost per night to camp in the paddock is over $1,500 so it won't happen.

Luc

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Sat night...30 payers x $50 a night...$1500?? Gladly pay, cheaper than hotel!

• MDixon likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
So I said...
Hi Guys,
There seems to be a big Festival going on at the same time with all the Camp site booked.
Some of the guys are asking if they can pay to spend the night in the pits.
Let me know,
Thanks,
John

And this came later I think addressed to everyone signed up.

Racers,

We've discovered there is a festival in Monterey for the weekend and Laguna has rented out all their camping at the track.

Camping in the paddock is possible, but it costs about $2500 for the weekend. It appears the only folks needing camping are some of the SM racers. We're already running the event at lower than our cost due to the current entry count of 18 instead of 30. Please don't ask us to pay for your camping on top of this, we cannot.

There are other campsites within about an hour of the track, or you can camp in some parking lot.

What we don't want to have happen is racers cancelling a week before the event because they haven't resolved their camping situation. Therefore we'll give you until this coming Sunday May 3 at noon to resolve this. If we don't hear from you, that will mean you are in/committed and there will be no refunds after May 3. If you want to cancel, let us know by that deadline, and if enough racers bail out we'll cancel the race and give everyone a full refund.

Thanks,
Dave & Luc
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://www.yahoo.co...7260972342.html

J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Ok, nevermind...Walmart parking lot :)

For what its worth, I think there will be 6 more sign-ups(at least)

Ron

RAmotorsports

MDixon

MDixon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

OK. THE RACE IS ON....

It's coming out of the NCRC Marketing budget (thank you Dave & Luc !)

Now let's all help out and see if we can get more sign-up.

No more deadline to register.

Craig E, Ron A, who else was thinking but not doing?

The list so far:

Morin, Todd
Hoisington, Doug
Wellman, Ryan
Lucquet, Richard
Gjedsted, Alan "Al"
Clark, Doug
Tagget, Todd
Gehringer, David
Cox, Jeff
Cox, Brett
Angulo, Al
Johnson, Dion
Means, Mark
Miller, Brandon
Dees, Rusty
Cremins, Andrew
Hubbard, Greg
Dirkson, John

Garrett Dixon is 90%. Just cant pull the trigger yet

Matt Dixon

Car owner/Checkbook

https://www.youtube....DRIVERforLIFE94

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=Flt9K8vlJGE

J~

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Ok, nevermind...Walmart parking lot :)

For what its worth, I think there will be 6 more sign-ups(at least)

6 more , sweeeeet.

As for the Walmart parking lot, that sounds like a "racer mini-village" is going to set camp at the Salinas' Walmart that week-end.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

03-Week-Caturday.jpg

How I feel not being able to go!

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Fat? 

• ECOBRAP likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I prefer "round"

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

So why are you missing it ?? Fontana's on the16th ??

You're totally going to miss the NorCal /SoCal / SCCA / NASA SM festival in the Salinas Walmart parking lot!!.

Not the regurlar Walmart (I hope) The SUPERSTORE Parking Lot!!!!

All the trophies, none.

All the contingency, none.

All the tech drama, none.

All the spec tire, none

All leading up the ladder to going pro, none.

All the media coverage, none

Going to be huge with people talking about for years to come, and for $125 a day and you're going to missing it. WTF!!

Saturday!, Saturday!, Saturday!, Sunday!, Sunday!, Sunday!!!

No I don't work in marketing

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sorry, I didn't want to get you all excited over nothing, you do get a "ARC Class Winner" sticker if if you win, if they remember to give it to you.

Most sort after sticker in North America. (Shhh, I have 3 and they forgot to give me a few)

Come join the fun

J~

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Well I still don't have a winner sticker yet in any SM series! I want one  :scratchchin:

I am karting that weekend, and currently leading the championship by a hefty margin, winning 2/2 main races and 3/4 heat races, so I can't skip that. Need to win as many championships as possible this year to get some non-videogame stats behind my name...

-Ecobrap

means45

means45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Where's the Walmart superstore. How many are driving motorhomes and staying overnight ? Friday and sat .So sat night we can leave trailers and the rest at the track.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Where's the Walmart superstore. How many are driving motorhomes and staying overnight ? Friday and sat .So sat night we can leave trailers and the rest at the track.

Sorry Mark...I was really kidding but I do think there is a Walmart somewhere? And I've heard in a pinch if you are self contained you can park in one? But there are a few campgrounds/RV parks within 10 miles.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ryan Wellman

Ryan Wellman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:91

all joking aside, it may actually be the only option.  I called a few RV parks and they are also full.  Not sure if there are really other options other than the side of the road somewhere

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Closet, fairly good size parking lot to the track. McDonalds
https://maps.yahoo.c..., United States

Walmart Superstore, on the East side of 101.

There are Walmarts closer but not sure how good.
https://maps.yahoo.c...art Supercenter

means45

means45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey Johnny D, Anyway to stay at Laguna where they part the trailers before the pits. So how many Miata are showing up . Also who driving down Friday afternoon just looking to fine somewhere to hangout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users