Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
I don't know Mark, Dave and Luc seem a little sensitive to all this.
I know you can't stay the night in the pits.
Still not sure if you can leave anything either.

I like your idea of staying before the pits.

Sure would be nice to get a little love from Mazda/Laguna if at all possible to let like 20+ Miata's stay, that will be the race/show each day.

Things will get clearer as we get closer.

Did you answer the survey for Sunday starts?
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

means45

means45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Didn't see the survey will check it out thanks. Ya hope we can leave cars /trailers overnight reel pain if we have to drag them around.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Survey was an email that went out this weekend, if you signed up already you should of got it.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

means45

means45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ok Johnny D did the survey lets hope for the best.This should be good.

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68

The WalMart in Marina is actually kind of ok, windy and foggy near the ocean though. Never seen the Salinas ones but Salinas is kind of rough. They let people camp in their lots? I hope we can leave trailers overnight Saturday, but remember, lots of wheels were stolen several years ago so lock your stuff.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=kD8elWQmPMw 

J~

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Sat night...30 payers x $50 a night...$1500?? Gladly pay, cheaper than hotel!

$25 per bottle of Tequila x 2 nights.. I'm pretty sure I've got you covered buddy!!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

• ECOBRAP likes this

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

So just an FYI,, last event we had there there was no problem dropping off the trailer in the paddock on Friday night, had a long chat with security and there doesn't seem to be a problem, however that is not what NCRC is saying,, they are saying we need to drop trailers off by turn 5... 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Save one of those bottles for Security.  :)

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

So just an FYI,, last event we had there there was no problem dropping off the trailer in the paddock on Friday night, had a long chat with security and there doesn't seem to be a problem, however that is not what NCRC is saying,, they are saying we need to drop trailers off by turn 5...

I'm doing this as my primary, but just to confirm.
You had a long chat with the security last time or recently ??

J~

Slacker

Slacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Number:#52
For what it's worth..... I was able to find a nice vacation rental house, near the track (and Turn 12 Bar and Grill), for a pretty reasonable price on vbro.

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

I'm doing this as my primary, but just to confirm.
You had a long chat with the security last time or recently ??

J~

The event between Christmas and New Years 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Any chance of a contained fire if I bring wood ? :ph34r:

J~

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

yeah they sell wood so fires aren't a problem 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

That's great, just being paranoid since there's no fire pit in the parking lot. All dirt and big rocks.

Anybody have a fire pit they can bring or you think it's all good to just fire one up on the ground ?

J~

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Does anyone know the format for the vote on Sunday?  are we doing a qual and 2 races or just two longer races...

Looking forward to it boys...!

What did you guys decide for camping?  Perhaps you can find out the other group renting MRLS camping and then pay to join them?

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

What did you guys decide for camping?  Perhaps you can find out the other group renting MRLS camping and then pay to join them?

I don't think there is any other group.. the general campground is just booked and is separate from the track.. 

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier:

The result of the survey ended at a dead 50/50 so no changes to the original plan.

Schedule posted here:

http://www.ncracing....sched150523.gif

http://www.ncracing....sched150524.gif

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
Richard- clock starts when we leave pre grid?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Richard- clock starts when we leave pre grid?

I never really paid attention to that. We have to be on pre-grid 5-10min before the time. I'd say the clock starts when we leave hot pit for formation lap...

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users