Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

I think they try to stick to the schedule.

The drivers meeting they usually say, ok you'll have so many laps.

Half way sign, etc.

They're not bending over backwards but they do try for you to enjoy/get the most the time.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Running during the middle of the day, do we need mufflers anymore??

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Running during the middle of the day, do we need mufflers anymore??

J~

REMINDER: This is a 90dB day... You do need a muffler...

Johnny is probably referring to the time of the day by which the sound booth is not manned anymore -> This is at your own risk!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I just asked because SCCA normally post this, but this isn't SCCA and this isn't normal so... :)

ALL GROUPS MUST MEET SOUND WINDOWS
90 dbA: 8:30 – 9:00; 4:30 – 5:00
101 dbA: 9:00 – 10:30; 3:30 – 4:30
103 dbA: 10:30 –3:30
If a session runs across two sound windows, the full session will be run at the lower sound window.

This is not our sounds windows

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Hey do we all want to pit together ?? If so where ? I suggest we do it across from the garages ( to the right as we drive in).. LOT's of room down there, but I"m open to suggestion..

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

means45

means45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Todd, we should try to pit together either to the right side coming in like you said or by turns 3 and4 ?

Did anyone come up with a plan where we could stay for sat night ?.

You going down friday afternoon.

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Yes assuming I get my main seal leak fixed I'll be there Friday afternoon 

GregHub

GregHub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:NorCal

Todd (or others who are arriving Friday afternoon), can I call or text you that afternoon to see whether they're letting trailers in and how late?

I'll be coming up late afternoon or early evening, but staying a ways away, so it'd be good to know whether or not I can drop off.

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

sure 603 231 4224

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

I'll be there Friday afternoon to help some guys already at the track for an event.  I'll post something here if I have any useful information.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

GregHub

GregHub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:NorCal

If anyone gets there Friday and wouldn't mind passing info along to me directly, please text or call 415-640-0707. Thanks.

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990

Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier:

The result of the survey ended at a dead 50/50 so no changes to the original plan.

Schedule posted here:

http://www.ncracing....sched150523.gif

http://www.ncracing....sched150524.gif

Cool.  Looks like Race practice starts at 11.  I'll aim to be there Sat morning.  No hotel needed this weekend!

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

hey guys,, I"m here and there's no problem parking in the paddock ( I did it last night). Also there's a lot of tent space here on my camping site if you need a place to crash...

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Glad you can make Alberto!

We've crossed the 25 cars mark... With last minute show ups, we may have a full house ;-)

See you all tomorrow.

Richard.

PS: Todd and whoever is there tonight. If you can "picket/cone off" a huge section of the paddock for the race group, that would be fantastic.

Because the 1st session is late morning, I don't think everybody will be there at 7:00a so having so area reserved would be nice.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Hey I dumped my trailer off last night and my RV isn't moving !!! so I can't (LONG WALK from here!!!) but let's everyone park in front of the garages to the right as we drive  in,, There's usually lot's of room on that side.. 

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Great weekend for the local group in no points "fun" racing! 25 cars for what is a HPDE day but the owners(NCRC)gave us 3 sesions each day(prac,qual,race,Sat....qual,race,race, Sun)for $125 a day!

It was a pride race for P2 as Mark Drennan schooled all as was to be expected! In fact even running by himself you would think he would get off the hammer but no...he ran a lap record(I think)(On RR's and of course not official)unofficially on lap 9 of the 2nd race. He will make it official at the end of July i'm sure(NASA record)! (On a tire other than Hoosier BTW)

Tim Weaver is proving very fast in his new car and won both races among the mortals. My son came out 3 years since his last race at Laguna and ironically finished p3 on  Rustys bumper...exact same position as 3 years earlier!  Jimmy Casey was right behind him...awesome job of getting fast very quick on this track! Other than maybe mirrors or nose to tail I dont think there was any contact and 3 all green lap races! 

For all you locals...NCRC is a great way to get in great practice at a reasonable price. I think Luc and Dave really appreciated some great clean door to door!

On a seperate note...the Toyo RR is proving to be hands down a great value!! 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

LOT"S of fun (even for those of us who blew engines LOL - thanks again Ron).

it would be great to have this kind of a turn out every time,, SO cheap racing for two races on a Sunday!!! 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Great time, close racing, price, turn out.

gotbluemilk.com has some good pics, buy some. 
J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

LOT"S of fun (even for those of us who blew engines LOL - thanks again Ron).

it would be great to have this kind of a turn out every time,, SO cheap racing for two races on a Sunday!!! 

The list just keeps growing!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

This was a very successful weekend. No Yellows and a lot of smiles.

BIG THANK YOU to Dave and Luc for putting it together below their break-even threshold for this group (They could have sold this time slot to HPDE guys and make more money).

But they love to see clean/close racing and we all delivered.

This was the grid on Race 2

wa5301.jpg

• Johnny D likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users