Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Here a turn by turn from Andrew Carbonell’s track walk with notes you can print.

http://mazdamotorspo...tm_medium=email  

J~

• trimless likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Packed and ready to rock. See everyone tomorrow  :toast:

xnrsqx.jpg

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca are drawing the best racers from across the country.
Allan v Powell
Competitors from across the country are preparing for the second annual NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires to run at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca July 31- August 2.
This will be the second year that the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) has held twin championships for eastern and western states competitors. The NASA Championships, in their 10th year, are attracting top drivers and cars. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is proving to be a track that many NASA racers want to run.
“Traveling across the country for this one event certainly isn't easy or cheap,” says Eric Powell, who will be racing his No. 74 Performance Touring Mazda Miata at the championships all the way from Orlando, Fla. “It is really stretching me to the max, just as it did last year. However, from the genesis of this build there has been one goal in mind. That is to win championships, get in the Mazda Club Racer Shootout and win the scholarship. To maximize my chances of a good showing at this year's NASA Championships, I have decided to attend both events and am looking forward to some great competition. I had a good shot at the Shootout last year but unfortunately I made a mistake that certainly played a factor. Therefore I'm going all in for a shot at redemption.”
Powell knows he's going to be in for a battle with some of the West Coast racers.
“There are a couple of guys I don't have much info on but certainly Josh Allan will be one to put up a fight,” he adds. “I know he has been working hard to improve his car and has a great team behind him. Truthfully he wasn't far off last year, my car just happened to work particularly well in one specific sector at Sonoma [Raceway] that gave me a huge advantage. My goal for the weekend is to win.”
DexterRX8-1Warren Dexter and his father Zane are coming from Nebraska. “We will be driving two different cars,” Warren said. “I will be in a 2004 Mazda RX-8 and my father will be in a 1990 Mazda Miata. We both run in the PTC Class so we will be racing against each other. Usually when we race in Spec Miata I end up beating dad, but his Miata is a brand-new build and only time will tell how fast he'll be. My goals are to have a fun weekend with my dad and to win a National Championship.”
Will Faules, NASA National Event manager, says he is ready to welcome racers to the Monterey Peninsula.
“Wow, I can't wait,” Faules says. “We have great drivers in top cars coming from across the country. The great Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca circuit is a great draw for our Championship event. We still have entries coming in every day as we get closer to hitting the track for the big event.”
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is a 2.2-mile, 11-turn undulating road course located in the foothills of the Monterey Bay area. The track is known for its high speeds and signature downhill Corkscrew turn. The challenging road course is sure to provide exciting racing throughout the championships weekend. - See more at: http://www.mazdamoto...h.hlP58O7i.dpuf

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Friday Qual
http://www.race-moni...mode=qualifying

Friday Qual Race.
http://www.race-moni...Session/5492790

J~

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congrats to Mark Drennan on winning pole and qualifying race one! Followed by Tim Weaver and Mason Filippi. 

I miss that place, would have like to run NASA Champs this year. 

Good luck to all. 

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11

Friday Qualhttp://www.race-moni...mode=qualifying

Friday Qual Race.http://www.race-moni...Session/5492790

J~

I was 9th!!!!! I was 9th!!!!!

Race monitor showing no respect to the 1.6
  • Cnj likes this
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
What happened to Matt Cresci during the race?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congrats to Mason Filippi for the win today followed by Will Rogers and Dakota Dickerson. Mark had a mechanical issues of some sorts while leading. The car shut off while leading with one to go.

Tomorrow should be a great race

Jim

• trimless likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

What happened to Matt Cresci during the race?

Unfortunately the motor let go with a few laps left. Today went a lot better driving my 1.6, started DFL because of yesterday and made up 22 positions to finish 10th! Hard charger award made for some great GoPro footage, but I still have to start towards the back tomorrow. Going to be a great race, stay tuned :)

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Unfortunately the motor let go with a few laps left. Today went a lot better driving my 1.6, started DFL because of yesterday and made up 22 positions to finish 10th! Hard charger award made for some great GoPro footage, but I still have to start towards the back tomorrow. Going to be a great race, stay tuned :)

Good luck, lets see some video!

• ECOBRAP likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Good luck to everyone racing there.  Be safe.

• trimless likes this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA