Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

The way you magically came through that cloud and mess with a clear track in front of you; maybe the kid was helping.
I miss my boy so much. Have to go now. My eyes are leang coolant.

James unfortunately I only got.me meet your boy once once in person but his zest for life and his joy made an impact on me. You and I have become good friend over the years and I proud to call you a friend. I know Nova had the drive to win a majors and he just did, maybe he was withe behind the wheel or maybe he was just smiling down as the only sponsor of the car. But either way Nova brown is now a majors champ where he belonged all along. I am so happy to carry him forward I hope I can make him proud rest of the season with both my on track and off track behavior. He was truly a one in a million and I truly have a one in a million car that was built in my own garage with my own hands right now which it a true Nova Brown legacy right there!
  • screaming monkey and Jamz14 like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

https://youtu.be/GUmCWRBrjnc

the second 15 minutes of the race

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

and the finish 

https://youtu.be/xRDksThUgFQ

K. Webb

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Congratulations Kyle. I admire your persistence.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Congrats Kyle. As I and many others have said, a Majors victory is earned, never given away. You will remember this one for a long time. Expect to see more of your car at the front now!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Congratulations Kyle. I admire your persistence.

Denny, thank you for that. we almost never agree on anything but seriously your post  has been one of the biggest compliments. 

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Congrats Kyle. As I and many others have said, a Majors victory is earned, never given away. You will remember this one for a long time. Expect to see more of your car at the front now!

Thanks Danny, but having expectations is one of the very things that has been holding me back after I had a monster 2013 I started expecting more and it has made everything alot tougher on me.

For this race I litterally bolted the head on the engine to be legal never dynoed a thing took car with a bent tie rod to Chuck Caldwell for a setup, didn't have any expectation set other then I thought I could maybe be in the  top 10 out of 30, I had not been in the car for 5 and a half months.

Every time I have gone to the racetrack to just enjoy myself I do very well, when I show up to podium all goes to hell...  

I have made a decision I am not chasing any titles or podiums or anything else, I am going to have fun, spend quality time at the track with my friends, help my fellow competitors when I can, race as hard as I can when I have my helmet on, but when i step out of that car I am not going to be camped in front of a computer looking at data all day and stressing about why I am off a few tenths etc.  I had zero fun in 2014 and nearly sold off all my equipment because it had become nothing but a chore to race, LITERALLY!

I am committed to having nothing but a whole lot of fun with my friends at the track from now on!!!!  Cant wait to see everyone the next time!!!

• Jamz14 likes this

K. Webb

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I have made a decision I am not chasing any titles or podiums or anything else, I am going to have fun, spend quality time at the track with my friends, help my fellow competitors when I can, race as hard as I can when I have my helmet on, but when i step out of that car I am not going to be camped in front of a computer looking at data all day and stressing about why I am off a few tenths etc.  I had zero fun in 2014 and nearly sold off all my equipment because it had become nothing but a chore to race, LITERALLY!

I am committed to having nothing but a whole lot of fun with my friends at the track from now on!!!!  Cant wait to see everyone the next time!!!

OK I have saved this and plan on bringing it out whenever I hear differently..

The over/under is 2 events for anyone wanting to place a wager :)

I am taking the under! :)

• Danny Steyn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

OK I have saved this and plan on bringing it out whenever I hear differently..

The over/under is 2 events for anyone wanting to place a wager :)

I am taking the under! :)

No more then I will be racing this year I dont think you should put to much money on it Jimbo... I have a much different outlook on life in general this year.  How long did I wait for a head without even freaking out???  I have no doubt that my next trip to the track will be no walk in the park, I am just going to show up and have fun with everyone, there are plenty drivers better then me so no reason to worry about it. 

• Bad Rusty likes this

K. Webb