Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

Burgoon and Mueller love ya both but the start you guys want is whats going to create the turn 3 crash!   A tight bunched field with a slow start will allow those in back to make runs on the front.  Lets see 15 teen challenge competitors trying to win in turn 3....I expect carnage LOL  A fast start with the front row accelerating first and early will create a safe start at that track, but what do I know....The earliest green possible will also spread out the field....

• Caveman-kwebb99, James York, Michael Novak and 1 other like this

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Burgoon and Mueller love ya both but the start you guys want is whats going to create the turn 3 crash!   A tight bunched field with a slow start will allow those in back to make tuns on the front.  Lets see 15 teen challenge competitors trying to win in turn 3....I expect carnage LOL  A fast start with the front row accelerating first and early will create a safe start at that track, but what do I know....The earliest green possible will also spread out the field....

Whatever.  Pole car needs to pick a speed and maintain it.

I think the carnage will come from any no-bump rules for lap 1.  If you can't bump, you attempt the pass instead.  If everyone attempts the pass we get 7 wide.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

How about a restart start or that just the pussy way ?

Have you run it backwards before and if so, how'd the start go ?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Whatever.  Pole car needs to pick a speed and maintain it.

I think the carnage will come from any no-bump rules for lap 1.  If you can't bump, you attempt the pass instead.  If everyone attempts the pass we get 7 wide.

I thought the rule John stated was any contact first lap will be penalized apart from bump drafting?

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Well there's the rules and then there's reality.
J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I thought the rule John stated was any contact first lap will be penalized apart from bump drafting?

My mistake.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

My mistake.

That makes more sense, I was wondering what kind of driver you were when you said you were going to lobby that rule lol

giphy.gif

• Johnny D likes this

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

That makes more sense, I was wondering what kind of driver you were when you said you were going to lobby that rule lol

giphy.gif

Actually I still think it's a stupid rule.  I don't think lap one should be treated differently and "incidental" contact is far far more likely to happen on the first lap before things get strung out.  If anything you should be tougher on the last lap.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I did.  Bump drafting contact (nose to tail) is ok...  

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Actually I still think it's a stupid rule.  I don't think lap one should be treated differently and "incidental" contact is far far more likely to happen on the first lap before things get strung out.  If anything you should be tougher on the last lap.

It's designed to keep folks from doing stupid shit that could ruin everyones race with a FCY not even halfway into the first lap (T3).  

I understand your point but I like the rules attempt to give everyone a full race.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Still waiting on schedule...

-Ecobrap

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

STILL waiting on schedule, 4 days before the event??? I have to fly down there and back so it would be nice to know if my flights accommodate the schedule...

-Ecobrap

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

The website says 2 days prior you will receive schedule...but i'm sure you saw this. Show up Friday eve and leave 8 pm Sun...youll be fine! :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

The website says 2 days prior you will receive schedule...but i'm sure you saw this. Show up Friday eve and leave 8 pm Sun...youll be fine! :)

I did see that, and refused to believe it lol. The late schedule release reminds me of my own procrastination skills at school.

-Ecobrap

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

It's for a good reason.  Ryan wants to balance the race groups so one group doesn't get overloaded.  For some reason Ryan is expecting late signups it seems.  Either that or he's being lazy, but I kinda doubt that.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Entry list as of yesterday. 

1. Jeremy Barnes
  2. Grayson Browne
  3. Rob Burgoon
  4. Dean Busk
  5. Justin Casey
  6. Steven Champlin
  7. Matthew Cresci
  8. Sean Douglass
  9. Mason Filippi
  10. ROY FULMER IV
  11. Adam Gershon
  12. Noah Grey
  13. Mikhael Haddad
  14. Jeff Jeppesen
  15. Jahna Jordan
  16. Daniel Langon
  17. Preston Lerner
  18. Alan Leukhardt III
  19. Randy Miller
  20. Matt Million
  21. John Mueller
  22. Christopher Murdter
  23. Micah Muzio
  24. Will Rodgers
  25. Robbie Rodriguez
  26. Ken Saward
  27. Nick Sommers

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

STILL waiting on schedule, 4 days before the event??? I have to fly down there and back so it would be nice to know if my flights accommodate the schedule...

SCHEDULE: http://socal.drivena...chedAAA2015.pdf

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Be sure to read the event supplemental rules when they get sent out with the schedule.  It's quite common for there to be a rule that if you have non bump-draft contact during the first lap you will be DQ'ed or repositioned.  It's an attempt to cut down on stuipdass-bone-head-dive-bombs into T3 & T4. There are lots of passing zones, no need to muck-up the first few laps.

I highly recommend that you have some in car video to support exonerate yourself of help shed light on another incident.

Here are those Supps...  Be sure to read all the way to the bottom of the document.

http://socal.drivena...oCalSuppsv3.pdf

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

Here's the schedule:

http://socal.drivenasa.com/SchedAAA2015.pdf

Looks like SM is in Group A and that race goes from 1:40 - 2:10 PM (both days)

EDIT:  Dammit, John beat me to it!

• john mueller likes this

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

Great car count for So Cal where turnout can be an issue. Some fast guys in there for sure. This will be a fun one. I'll be there crewing for my daughter in HPDE1 :).

Mark

• john mueller, Joe (dad) Jordan, Rob Burgoon and 1 other like this

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users