70 replies to this topic

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

The best can be a guy spending 100K a year or a guy spending 10K, when non compliant cars come to a race they STEAL from everybody else on the race track.

Stealing?  That's certainly a sense of over importance and hyperbole to redefine the word steal in that way.  It was enough of a stretch to imply that cheating in a club sports car race was somehow on a par with conspiracy and racketeering.   To even attempt to equate an alleged multi million dollar fraud and usary scheme to a club racer cheating up some race car parts says more about your judgement, values and credibility than anything else.

• MPR22 and Jim Drago like this

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:29

Yeah when someone takes something that does not belong to them. Stealing

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
[quote name="David L" post="85165" timestamp="1449442435"]I vacation a lot :banana:  Some justifiable some definitely not. But I am not complaining, I believe Jim has been mostly fair with me,

We all came to Spec Miata for one thing, to measure ourselves against the best.

[/quot

You are without a doubt my favorite internet whack a mole. Do you realize you disrpected the majority of the class by insinuating the talent of the drivers as less than elite in amateur racing. Then just one page later you call the talent the "best". Jim should never ban you as you will eventually post something that shows what a narrow minded HATER you are. Yes I used a pop culture term to disparage you, honestly was struggling with a better way to describe you.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Haters gunna hate.

" Do you realize you disrpected the majority of the class by insinuating the talent of the drivers as less than elite in amateur racing"

seriously your really stretching for that one. I'll try to make it easier for you, I hate to see you struggle  :butthead:

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Haters gunna hate.

" Do you realize you disrpected the majority of the class by insinuating the talent of the drivers as less than elite in amateur racing"

seriously your really stretching for that one. I'll try to make it easier for you, I hate to see you struggle  :butthead:

, I don't understand why some in this community always want to diminish a persons talent, he has over 100 professional wins he would probably laugh at the competition in SM.

He is a fine gentlemen driver but he is no professional. He has nearly unlimited budget and time to practice the rest onus have day jobs and limited source of funds. I would be .1 to .2 tenth a lap faster if I could get Ina car more than once a month on average. He and you may laugh at the thought of SM talent but I suspect he would struggle to be in the top 5 at a big Major. Of course you probably think none of the guys in the top 5 that beat him would be legal so they would have stolen the victory. Just because one races in a professional series does not mean they have more talent than an amateur. Usually It just means they have a bigger wallet.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Just because one races in a professional series does not mean they have more talent than an amateur. Usually It just means they have a bigger wallet. 

​Thanks for enlightening me capt. obvious. I believe most would agree that when I speak of the best competition it speaks of the shear numbers and "parity of the cars".. 

"He and you may laugh at the thought of SM talent but I suspect he would struggle to be in the top 5 at a big Major"

Refresh my memory, how many cars got dq'd at the 14' runoffs, maybe the 13th place guy should have one, I don't know and neither does anyone else.  

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I read David L. posts and say to my self, maybe a wrong word here and there but he's speaking his mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Within my thought process (were each different) plenty of SM family folks on this site talk down to other SM family folks.

For a few years I participated within the Improved Touring site while I had an ITA car. It became a site where less and less folks posted if you were not among the chosen.

Perhaps if both of you didn't troll so often you would be received differently ? David L has seemingly nothing positive to say about the class and loves to point out that we are are cheaters and stealing etc... he is entitled to his opinion. Quite honestly I am not sure why he wants to be a part of our forum? David D, you turn everything into a parity debate that usually involves black helicopters, regardless of the thread. Most are just tired of it at this point and have been for some time. If it weren't for trying to keep the forum open to all opinions (regardless of how misinformed I feel they are)neither of you would be here. :) All I ask is it be respectful to others and no personally attack other members on the forum. David L is often in violation of the latter quite often. If he goes on vacation again, it will be for that, not for his opinions, but the way he states them. FWIW I can't see a scenario that would lead me to ban anyone from the site, a vacation to cool down and rethink your posts is all i would likely ever do, but you never know :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

​Thanks for enlightening me capt. obvious. I believe most would agree that when I speak of the best competition it speaks of the shear numbers and "parity of the cars".. 

I don't agree with this statement and think most would not either.  Maybe its because I can actually wheel a car and own one.  When you say the "best" or "most" competitive you certainly don't have to be talking about sheer numbers.  Large field do not mean the best competition.  We are racing a spec class so the cars should be similar even if they were identical it would not guarantee competition.  For instance if we put you and me in identical cars would that make it competitive?  Probably not.  I suspect I win  a 15 lap race by about 7 seconds on a neutral track.  So yes the point you might have been trying to make is there is always someone to race in SM, however the subject matter was outright competition or ones ability to beat the best.  At the pointy end of SM and SRF are truly some of the best drivers in the country. PERIOD.  

You want to point to the DQ's at Laguna Seca as some argument that the best drivers all cheated and therefore were not the best drivers.  What actual advantage was gained from STR gate.  My car dynos as good or better than any of those at that race and is legal to today standards.  Did they gain 1hp?  2 hp?  Was every car behind them legal?   We will never know, but to use that as an argument that these guys aren't some of the best drivers is silly.

Oh, did you watch the 2015 SM run-offs, probably one of the best examples of talent in amateur racing history.  I know I was in it, driving door to door with these guys and it was amazing how well they controlled their cars, especially the guys that were on slicks!  The other classes had wreck after wreck in daylight, in dry conditions.  Some of them were very exciting to watch but not what I would call great examples of driving.  

• Jim Drago likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

David L. me (David D.) and you need to hire someone to write our posts to the standards of this site. Hey, maybe Jamz14 will write for we who need a

writer. :bigsquaregrin:

I read David L. posts and say to my self, maybe a wrong word here and there but he's speaking his mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Within my thought process (were each different) plenty of SM family folks on this site talk down to other SM family folks.

For a few years I participated within the Improved Touring site while I had an ITA car. It became a site where less and less folks posted if you were not among the chosen.  

Are you honestly lumping your well thought out provocative posts with David L?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Are you honestly lumping your well thought out provocative posts with David L?

:no: just two of the community that speak openly, thought out or not.

Quite honestly I am not sure why he wants to be a part of our forum? David D, you turn everything into a parity debate that usually involves black helicopters, regardless of the thread. Most are just tired of it at this point and have been for some time. If it weren't for trying to keep the forum open to all opinions (regardless of how misinformed I feel they are)neither of you would be here. :)

I've been very quite since the proposed bones have been thrown to the 90/93 spec line. With respect to, most are just tired of it at this point and have been for some time comment, maybe they need to select the option button and not read posts or threads by Bench Racer. I use my non read option button for some posters. 

Equality equals parity, it's posted all the time on this site referencing car builds, tires, engines, drivers and the list continues. So, there are at minimum two words which could be used, equality or parity, writers choice. It seems to me if something negative is intended parity is used, otherwise equality is used.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Wow Mike, ha found your name on the internet looking up a results search turns out you finished 25th out of 26th on that day, better contact google about that!

You have so missed my point and since I started making it about 3 years ago I am at a loss on how to make it any clearer. So here goes,

Lets compare for the sake of argument SM to oh lets just say the USA. (please read in olde thyme voice)

A group of people come together and form a new "class" for the people by the people. This idea takes off and the group flourishes and enjoys prosperity and growth many many moons pass and some inglorious bastards see a weakness and decide to exploit it for their own benefit, what ever that may be. At first it is just a simple seed and no one is none the wiser, the group continues to flourish and grow despite the seeds of destruction already being planted, Still many many moons continue to pass, and then one man he senses something, he alerts the others but the men in charge insist that it is not true, that it is for your own good, and through their wise ways they are able to not only tamp out a little bit distrust but further manage to sway the majority into believing that these seeds must be further watered.

That s right Mike,

BENCH RACER IS GEORGE MOTHERF'N WASHINGTON.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Equality equals parity,

Equality and parity are not the same thing.. We will never have equality... Hopefully we have or will have parity.. But they are not the same.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Equality and parity are not the same thing.. We will never have equality... Hopefully we have or will have parity.. But they are not the same.

Jim, as you have told me at times, David you missed the point, ditto to you. :bigsquaregrin: 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Wow Mike, ha found your name on the internet looking up a results search turns out you finished 25th out of 26th on that day, better contact google about that!

You have so missed my point and since I started making it about 3 years ago I am at a loss on how to make it any clearer. So here goes,

Lets compare for the sake of argument SM to oh lets just say the USA. (please read in olde thyme voice)

A group of people come together and form a new "class" for the people by the people. This idea takes off and the group flourishes and enjoys prosperity and growth many many moons pass and some inglorious bastards see a weakness and decide to exploit it for their own benefit, what ever that may be. At first it is just a simple seed and no one is none the wiser, the group continues to flourish and grow despite the seeds of destruction already being planted, Still many many moons continue to pass, and then one man he senses something, he alerts the others but the men in charge insist that it is not true, that it is for your own good, and through their wise ways they are able to not only tamp out a little bit distrust but further manage to sway the majority into believing that these seeds must be further watered.

That s right Mike,

BENCH RACER IS GEORGE MOTHERF'N WASHINGTON.

Not sure what race you are referencing that I finished 25 of 26?  My name if you want to look it up is Michael Patrick Ross, I am 44.  I own my own business consulting and developing real estate.  Anyone that has raced with me knows what I can and can't do on a track.  See that little icon on the bottom right of my post, yep that means I won a F'ing Major and yes I am proud of that.  You know what place I started that race DFL because of car change.  

I am baffled by your insistence on hammering the guys who have spend more time and effort to keep the class relevant and growing than you ever would.  You act as if they single handedly ruined your class.  You seem to think that these guys invented cheating, you are either naive or stupid.  That was going on in this class from day one and to a much larger and more egregious extent.  This class has more scrutiny than any class in amateur racing, see Dave Wheeler's post about the health of the class. 

You seem to abhor the fact anyone would seek to gain an advantage over another but you glorify the accomplishments of one Scott Tucker.

http://www.kansascit...cle7602800.html

I am a huge believer in the following quote weather it truly came from Thomas Jefferson or not.  "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

I took out the part about firearms as it is irrelevant to what I am trying to get across.  I don't trust the government, big or small.  I don't trust what anyone tells me.  Inspect what you expect goes a long way.  However I don't place humans to some ridiculous standard of conduct that goes along the line of "off with their heads" if they have erred in their judgement.    If i had your attitude I would never get any business done, there would simply be nobody left to do business with.  

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

:no: just two of the community that speak openly, thought out or not.

I've been very quite since the proposed bones have been thrown to the 90/93 spec line. With respect to, most are just tired of it at this point and have been for some time comment, maybe they need to select the option button and not read posts or threads by Bench Racer. I use my non read option button for some posters. 

Equality equals parity, it's posted all the time on this site referencing car builds, tires, engines, drivers and the list continues. So, there are at minimum two words which could be used, equality or parity, writers choice. It seems to me if something negative is intended parity is used, otherwise equality is used.

Dear Mr. Washington, 

Do you actually believe you and David L are the only two that speak openly?  

What have I posted about for the last 2 weeks regarding the 1.6?  

Is that not open enough or is it just not how you want to see your 1.6's future? 

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

DFL no way, how many cars did you have to pass?

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

"See that little icon on the bottom right of my post, yep that means I won a F'ing Major and yes I am proud of that."

Mine got STOLEN and I to would have been PROUD of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

DFL no way, how many cars did you have to pass?

All of them.  

• steveracer likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

"See that little icon on the bottom right of my post, yep that means I won a F'ing Major and yes I am proud of that."

Mine got STOLEN and I to would have been PROUD of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

When was the last time you raced?  In what Major, and which individuals specifically stole your Major or was it just anyone that finished in front of you. 

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Be more specific please, if we are going to swings di@#s here I need more than all of them as an answer. I have some video of ME starting DFL but I only was able to finish 11TH I did pass 31 cars though. oh and our race was 9 laps or 18 miles. :devil:   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users