Photo

WTF, Where is the SMACK Talk about Homestead and Sebring?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Great cars, great guys, great company to deal with.. 

Following Alex... I could match him well from 1-5, he completely handed it to me in 6 & 8 and likely where he made all his time on the field.  I think Alex had a very good car, but the car did not beat us, despite any contrary opinion. If you think it was the car.. it had a for sale sign in it. :)

Very good driver + very good car + thousands of laps = two wins ;)

I don't disagree with you Jim.  Alex is a great driver with tons of laps at the track.  There was certainly more in play than just the car.  However, it was pretty special and doing things on the oval that others weren't able to do.  Not insinuating it wasn't legal, just that it was VERY strong.  

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I don't disagree with you Jim. Alex is a great driver with tons of laps at the track. There was certainly more in play than just the car. However, it was pretty special and doing things on the oval that others weren't able to do. Not insinuating it wasn't legal, just that it was VERY strong.

While I don't disagree with you, the car is good, strong or what adjective people choose to use.. I have yet to be at a majors race with over 40 cars where the winner didn't have a strong car though.
  • Tyler Kicera and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

While I don't disagree with you, the car is good, strong or what adjective people choose to use.. I have yet to be at a majors race with over 40 cars where the winner didn't have a strong car though.

Agreed, at some point no amount of driving ability can put you at the front of the field if you don't have the car to match.  At a track like Homestead the ratio is weighted more heavily on car and race craft/strategy than a driver's ability to turn a fast lap by himself/herself.  It will be interesting to see how things play out at a track like Sebring this coming weekend...wish I could make it.  Alex is very good there too, so I expect more of the same.

Good luck everyone!

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Gotta laugh at this shit, work hard and have some luck procuring a one in a million engine and then everyone talks shady backhanded compliments about your car and how you won the race! When it is any of you with the best car you talk it up about how terrific your engine builder is etc. Everyone commenting on this has had the car to have at one time or another and won the race...

I have to hand it to Alex he won and hasn't said jack shit! Congrats Alex you drove great and have a bad ass car!
  • Armando Ramirez, Danica Davison and MotoFusi like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Preachhhhhh it Webb

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Gotta laugh at this shit, work hard and have some luck procuring a one in a million engine and then everyone talks shady backhanded compliments about your car and how you won the race! When it is any of you with the best car you talk it up about how terrific your engine builder is etc. Everyone commenting on this has had the car to have at one time or another and won the race...

I have to hand it to Alex he won and hasn't said jack shit! Congrats Alex you drove great and have a bad ass car!

Unfortunately this stuff has been going on since the start of SM..  

Recently.. It started with Dillon Mac.. Danny and others were pretty vocal about his car. They offered the car for inspection, Dan tore it down on line and made a video... Nothing changed. It is easier not to know and point fingers I guess?  His car can do what others can't etc..No doubt it was a great car.  I have had it all along, since day one as I can say I have never really had a "bad" car. But it has been non stop since for the last year or so with my latest VVT especially after double wins at Atlanta majors..( funny no complaints with same car after Sebring or Nola with bad tires :)   )  It continued all last year and picked up speed again at the Runoffs and after the ARRC win.  It is literally the same engine, un opened since the car was built over a year ago, still sealed from Runoffs (it would a great time for anyone to inspect it). Again open invitations to whomever wants to look at whatever they like. I personally heard from at least 10 people about Kiceras car and how it could do things that no other could do at the Nasa Champs, what is he doing? etc.. Again a very good car, talented driver and experience at his home track.  Now it moves to Alex.. Personally I hope to regain the crown :). It's sad, but if you are winning in SM in the big races, many of the competitors point to car first. From my seat,  Alex did not beat me on power.   Newsflash.. If you dont have a top 3-5 car, you ARE NOT winning in these super strong fields like we had at Homestead and Sebring. If that is your goal, you better sharpen your pencil, bc that is what is needed. Just too many really good drivers with good cars. You need one of the best performing cars on power and handling and you need to drive the best. I commend anyone who gets there within the rules and I'm confident Jeff and Alex are doing just that. If I wasn't I would protest the engine and just find out rather than complain.  Personally, I didnt plan on racing in my 50's.. but having more fun than ever and just enjoying driving the cars and tuning out any and all drama. No less desire to win, but without any pressure of winning anything as I have acomplished more than I have ever dreamed in our little goldfish bowl. If we all can get back to we are doing this for fun and spending a lot of time and money to do so.. We would all be better off. If you really feel some one is over the top, talk to them or protest the car. Back door gossip does no one any good.   IMO... talk is very cheap, rumors and back room talk is even worse. Alex's car is for sale, All my cars are always for sale. Jeff sells motors, I sell motors.. All this talk is the best advertising we could ever get and usually from competing engine builders customers :)  My goal is to put the spot light back on myself this weekend and have the "in the know" crowd complaining about me again. :)

Good luck to all, see you this weekend

Jim

• True North, Armando Ramirez, Michael Novak and 4 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Unfortunately this stuff has been going on since the start of SM..  
Recently.. It started with Dillon Mac.. Danny and others were pretty vocal about his car. They offered the car for inspection, Dan tore it down on line and made a video... Nothing changed. It is easier not to know and point fingers I guess?  His car can do what others can't etc..No doubt it was a great car.  I have had it all along, since day one as I can say I have never really had a "bad" car. But it has been non stop since for the last year or so with my latest VVT especially after double wins at Atlanta majors..( funny no complaints with same car after Sebring or Nola with bad tires :)   )  It continued all last year and picked up speed again at the Runoffs and after the ARRC win.  It is literally the same engine, un opened since the car was built over a year ago, still sealed from Runoffs (it would a great time for anyone to inspect it). Again open invitations to whomever wants to look at whatever they like. I personally heard from at least 10 people about Kiceras car and how it could do things that no other could do at the Nasa Champs, what is he doing? etc.. Again a very good car, talented driver and experience at his home track.  Now it moves to Alex.. Personally I hope to regain the crown :). It's sad, but if you are winning in SM in the big races, many of the competitors point to car first. From my seat,  Alex did not beat me on power.   Newsflash.. If you dont have a top 3-5 car, you ARE NOT winning in these super strong fields like we had at Homestead and Sebring. If that is your goal, you better sharpen your pencil, bc that is what is needed. Just too many really good drivers with good cars. You need one of the best performing cars on power and handling and you need to drive the best. I commend anyone who gets there within the rules and I'm confident Jeff and Alex are doing just that. If I wasn't I would protest the engine and just find out rather than complain.  Personally, I didnt plan on racing in my 50's.. but having more fun than ever and just enjoying driving the cars and tuning out any and all drama. No less desire to win, but without any pressure of winning anything as I have acomplished more than I have ever dreamed in our little goldfish bowl. If we all can get back to we are doing this for fun and spending a lot of time and money to do so.. We would all be better off. If you really feel some one is over the top, talk to them or protest the car. Back door gossip does no one any good.   IMO... talk is very cheap, rumors and back room talk is even worse. Alex's car is for sale, All my cars are always for sale. Jeff sells motors, I sell motors.. All this talk is the best advertising we could ever get and usually from competing engine builders customers :)  My goal is to put the spot light back on myself this weekend and have the "in the know" crowd complaining about me again. :)
Good luck to all, see you this weekend
Jim

I'm with you, I hope to drive well enough to have some finger pointing.

As for cars that don't look right, I have seen them and have offered to buy them for a big chunk of money if they pass a thorough tear down by Chris. Some cars are just faster. They don't always dyno great but they just race well.

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Oh and I forgot, the Texans are enroute to kick your asses!
  • Lee Thomas likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

All I know is if Dray Go complains one more time how he's "old" at 50 I'm gonna puke.

• Cnj, Bench Racer, Jim Drago and 4 others like this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

At 50 he is just a pup..... A very large almost Godzilla size pup but a youngster just the same.

• Jim Drago and lillyweld like this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I personally heard from at least 10 people about Kicera's car and how it could do things that no other could do at the Nasa Champs, what is he doing? etc...It's sad, but if you are winning in SM in the big races, many of the competitors point to car first. 

Backhanded or not Kyle, I've done nothing but compliment Alex.  Since you weren't there, you should know that as soon as I was out of my suit, I rode over to impound on Sunday to congratulate Alex, Jim, and Michael.  I wasn't even involved in their battle...

I've been on both sides of the coin, this past weekend included.  I saw what I saw and think I'm qualified to present an observation which is all I've done.  I've not presented a conspiracy or any allegations, just what I saw.  The car is for sale and Alex's performance should certainly help sell it.  

Agreed Jim, come by and have a look at whatever you want.  Always happy to help competitors out with setup and would be happy to share what I did at the NASA championships in detail if you want to know - spoiler alert, there were three of us to my knowledge on shaved tires that weekend and two of us started on the front row and finished on the podium. 

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Beautiful day here at Sebring. Perfect weather! Many cars really flying. Seemed like very low 36s or better will be what's needed. My car seemed really good so I parked it the last sesssion. Everything is going smoothly so far and seems like all here are having a blast.. Good luck to all tomorrow
Jim
  • Armando Ramirez and Richard Astacio like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Today we have the first Qually session for the 2017 Hoosier Super Tour with 78 Miatas on track. Going to be EPIC

• Richard Astacio likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Q1

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1484341993

https://www.scca.com...-qualifying-1-2

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Bolanos had a flyer in Q2.
1 second covers P2-P15.
Grid http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1484408506
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tferranti

tferranti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Number:51
I would say the class is alive and well!

Congrats Alex and good luck all!
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

15 min Qs at a track that size makes it really tough, and if you don't start with a clear track or with others running fast, forget about it. With such a big deep field a lot of talent ends up pretty far back. Good luck to all!
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Here is a link to my in car for anyone that wants to watch live... we got out at 2 eastern
http://www.ustream.t...nel/4kyPyv8eqbC
  • David L, Richard Astacio and lillyweld like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Congrats Jim and thanks for the live stream ride along!!
  • Armando Ramirez likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Wow!
  • Armando Ramirez likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users