Photo

WTF, Where is the SMACK Talk about Homestead and Sebring?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Very fun to watch...50 year old kid hooting at the end!

• Mike Collins, Jim Drago and Armando Ramirez like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to Drago, Balanos and Lamb! Great drives by all 3!!!
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Thanks, fantastic drive to all.

Blake had one of those weekends, sorry about that???? 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

That was a really fun race! Very hard and the pace was unbelievable. I had to get around Danny and Selin as quickly as possible as I feared Alex would disappear. The race was intense for sure, but a blast. Congrats to Alex and Todd as well on the podiums, it could have ended in any order. Two weekends in a row with exceptionally competitive races. The entire field deserves a congratulations as in a 77 car field, no cautions and I didnt see any tore up race cars. my first win at sebring since 07 or 08 in SM.  We will be pulling the head tomorrow as the tech team is here. 

We get to do it all again tomorrow. If you missed my live feed, you can still watch it. my video did not start, so thats all I have, quality was better than expected. 

Jim

http://www.ustream.t...nel/4kyPyv8eqbC

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
That was fun to watch. I wish everyone respected that 2,3 inches of real estate around the rear bumpers mid corner.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Drago, from Chris

"This is a spec class..... and you are 9 beers behind MF!!!
  • Danica Davison likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Mark Gibbons, Andrew Charbonneau and Blake Clements on the dance floor, John Davidson in drag, half the SM field hugging at laughing at the bar...... as Danny would say......EPIC!!!

Been racing 6 years, truly one of the only times results didn't matter it was just about being there.
  • Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

Film at 11 or no cameras allowed?  Sorry we missed this trip.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
There is some footage, have to get releases from the participants. Forgot about the moment when Charbs walks up to two hotties and hits his head on a giant stuffed Buffalo. Then he proceeds to show them his kissing technique using the Buffalo.

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

If they are smart, release not approved. Tho I imagine  something will eventually surface. Nothing like good friends to help out!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Another great race Today.. congrats to Alex on the win and three of the first four. Michael Carter in second and myself in third. Selin Rollan deserved a podium spot today but had a diff or trans start leaking gear oil badly. Danny and I found it first and that was pretty interesting as we went straight off at 14/15. I was no threat to win today and really didn't deserve third, but after racing well yesterday I was able to start up front and hang on. The handling on the car went from a 9.5 Saturday to a 2.5 on Sunday. Sure seemed like tires. The race was third session, it was apparent early on it was going to a real struggle and it was.
Post race tear down on heads for Drago, Balanos, Lamb and Leverone. All passed.

congrats to all
Thanks
Gary 😉
  • Armando Ramirez likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

JRagaglia

JRagaglia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:CFR

Another great race Today.. congrats to Alex on the win and three of the first four. Michael Carter in second and myself in thirdSelin Rollan deserved a podium spot today but have a diff or trans start leaking gear oil.. Danny and myself found it first and that was interesting. I was no threat to win today and really didn't deserve third, but after racing well yesterday I was able to start up front and hang on. The handling on the car went from a 9.5 Saturday to a 2.5 on Sunday. Sure seemed like tires. The race was third session, it we apparent early on it was going to a real struggle.
Post race tear down on heads for Drago, Balloons, Lamb and Leverone. All passed.

congrats to all

BALLOONS!!!!!!!?

Gary, You're too funny!

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to Alex, Michael Carter, and Jim! Great racing!
Really good to see everyone. What an awesome turnout, and most seemed to be in really good spirits... Lots of laughs this weekend. It was also nice to be back in the car for the first time since June. I was a little rusty at first and dont think I gave great feedback. This AM we got back in our normal groove, Jim and Rob put the car on the scales after reviewing video, and the car was just about perfect for the race!(wished I had this today's car all weekend!). The start was insane, literally stopped to avoid turn 1 and turn 3 crashes, lost countless spots, but the car was so good I worked up to where I was all alone, but had the top group in front, and was just waiting for the final battle to begin. When Selin dropped fluid, I spun as Jim said "OIL!" On the radio. Decided just to pull in after that. I did have a ball today despite some bad luck.

It has been said before, but we have an amazing class. The level of competition is insane. I really feel that these races are some of the toughest to win in American Motorsports.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Congrats to all the podium finishers this weekend!  I am glad to see that ALL cars passed tech this weekend! For the first time, I even finished high enough to have some level of tech done.  I just had my fuel checked but I felt important :).  Like Jim, the second race, I went out on "older" tires (4th session) and it was difficult to hang after the first couple laps.  I luckily avoided the mayhem in T1 and was just ahead of the mayhem in T3 so I went from 15th to 8th in the first turn.  Looked like Stearns got into Leverone, which spun preston pardus and everyone on the outside line got slowed up.  I squeaked by on the inside.  Tires started to fade just a few laps in and eventually Craig caught me and passed me until I watched him do a whole bunch of loops when he hit the oil in 15. 

All in all, great weekend for mostly everyone.  A runoffs-like field and almost everyone seemed to be getting along with each other.  It was a good feeling finishing 7th in a field like that! I made a bunch of friends this weekend and look forward to seeing everyone again at Indy or whatever the next major is that I go to! 

The drag makeup was fun, but I won't bet cory to wear makeup again :)  Surprised Jim hasn't posted all the pics on the forum yet

• Jim Drago and Armando Ramirez like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Jim is stuck in Dallas with about 45 min of sleep on airport floor

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

The drag makeup was fun, but I won't bet cory to wear makeup again :)  Surprised Jim hasn't posted all the pics on the forum yet

I have at on good authority the photos have been sent to Danny for a little touch up and should be posted soon.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Jim is stuck in Dallas with about 45 min of sleep on airport floor

Since when did you start talking in the third person? :P

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Congrats to Alex Bolanos to a very impressive start to the 2017 season. A very talented wheelman in a fast car is going to be tough to beat. Congrats to all the podium finishers especially Michael Carter who is really up on the wheel and a very quick study. 

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Since when did you start talking in the third person? :P

That was Gary reporting on Jim's status. He was just using Jim's account. 

• Jim Drago likes this

JRagaglia

JRagaglia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:CFR
IMG 1015 (2)
Album: Sebring Super Tour
1 images
0 comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users