485 replies to this topic

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Very little coming out info wise...any significant tech up till now?

It has been quiet here and on social media.  For most all classes.  I can only assume that the racers are enjoying each other's company, feasting on Long's donuts, tenderloins and late night trips to the Taco Bell on 16th.

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

I can assure that there is no race series where a driver who does not make the A main during regular qualifying and has to run a b or less main can move up the grid beyond any driver who LOCKS in a qualifying position. Makes no sense to think you could do so.

• dstevens likes this

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Very little coming out info wise...any significant tech up till now?

Agree,

so what are the impressions of the track, easy, tight, How important is the draft Is 3 drafting better than 2?

Tech? You guys are not sharing??

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

I can assure that there is no race series where a driver who does not make the A main during regular qualifying and has to run a b or less main can move up the grid beyond any driver who LOCKS in a qualifying position. Makes no sense to think you could do so.

You haven't watched Sprint car or midget racing,have you? There have been more than a few times a racer came through the C and B mains to make the big show to win at the Chili Bowl or Eldora. I truly believe in water seeking it's own level, but you really can never say never..............There is not that much disparity in times( 2 seconds over much of the field), so really, anything can happen. If the bottom of the field is 3 to 6 seconds off, then yes, don't waste the fuel and tires........

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

No disrespect...Has our pole sitter ever done or knows how to do a start ??

J~

Willie will be just fine.  He is in the sunset of his racing career but he knows how to lead a group to the line.  Hope he wins the B race!

• dstevens, Gary Norris and mhiggins10 like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

So the things I want to know.  

Will Two Time pull his head out and move up the grid?

How does Mr. SMG Pro feel about his chances from P 21 if he doesn't improve?

Who is B. Clark Cambern?  Talk about a dark horse.

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Number:65

So the things I want to know.  

Will Two Time pull his head out and move up the grid?

How does Mr. SMG Pro feel about his chances from P 21 if he doesn't improve?

Who is B. Clark Cambern?  Talk about a dark horse.

Clark is a former FF driver. Also a big name behind the World Challenge broadcasts. Heck of a nice and interesting guy too. Find him in the paddock and say hi!

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Clark is a former FF driver. Also a big name behind the World Challenge broadcasts. Heck of a nice and interesting guy too. Find him in the paddock and say hi!

Wish I were there, Harvey took my runoffs glory.  I will be back up and running at the NASA East Champs

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Region:DET
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:67
With speedengineer as my witness I called 58s on Thursday two weeks ago.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

The two pump chump did not get his head out, Super Pro did get his at least half way out to get to P5, Spencer Rutherford has stayed ahead of his coach SM Jesus, I cant wait to hear Little Jimmy say "I'm never going back to Indy"  I bet he wishes he was back at MID OHIO instead lol...

Stevie wonder Powers is in a battle with his team mate Dean Busk for the battle of fastest man from Arizona!

Johhny Davis with the suprise of the week in P6, after the year he has had I'm glad for him, who said having a twisted car isnt fast????

Holderman and Pardus have been the class of the field and may walk away with it...

What can i say My little thumbs up giving buddy, got to work today to be p3 for the show and I think he has the pace to win!  picked him for a damn good reason!

John Davidson OMG is ahead of the two pump chump in the Show, can he keep it on track and finally show Jimmy who is the better driver?????  Only time will tell, the success will likely go to his head, not sure he will be able to fit under the Auto techniques tent tonight!!!  

Now on to the show everyone been waiting for the LAST CHANCE RACE!  Hope it stays green so these guys get the race they deserve!!!!

• powerss and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

WOW....some excited drivers and some very sore necks! If Q4 holds up this year had some surprises!

Danny and Tyler took breaths so deep after Q4 Irma would have patted them on the back! 

Paul Holton and Spencer R made nice moves up!

Danica has officially pied herself and just installed 4 more mirrors in her car.

Bolanos, Hille, Drago, Burdzy are in unfamiliar territory!

Come on guys...post up some info!!

• Danica Davison likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Paul Holton and Spencer R made nice moves up!

Danica has officially pied herself and just installed 4 more mirrors in her car.

You should ask spencer and Holton how they got there! That's my excuse for the week ... I push Holton and spencer to P12 and P13 and I get 23rd somehow lol
  • Ron Alan and John Wilding like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Qual 4

https://www.scca.com...m-top-60-qual-4

So a little help here...

This is a separate qual and times from the other 3 correct? And final starting positions.

or best time from the others sessions still apply ?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Qual 4

https://www.scca.com...m-top-60-qual-4

So a little help here...

This is a separate qual and times from the other 3 correct? And final starting positions.

or best time from the others sessions still apply ?

J~

yes

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

You haven't watched Sprint car or midget racing,have you? There have been more than a few times a racer came through the C and B mains to make the big show to win at the Chili Bowl or Eldora. I truly believe in water seeking it's own level, but you really can never say never..............There is not that much disparity in times( 2 seconds over much of the field), so really, anything can happen. If the bottom of the field is 3 to 6 seconds off, then yes, don't waste the fuel and tires........

What Jim is saying is that anyone in an LCQ or lower main can't bump someone or grid higher than someone that's already locked into the A main.  He's not saying they can't win just they can't bump or out grid someone out that's already made it.

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

While the ultimate praise has to be saved for tomorrow, It's not too soon to recognize what Chris Haldeman has done this week, getting on top and staying there.  Much like what Justin Hille did last year.  Impressive. 

• FTodaro and mellen like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

John Wilding

John Wilding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:CFR / Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:126

What time does the LCQ race start? Are these races going to be broadcasted live on SCCA's website?

Thanks!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Here's the schedule, no times though. they're currently on F5

https://www.scca.com...unoffs-schedule

Here's T&S, audio and they currently have turn one video.

https://www.scca.com...sessions/latest

They also have a live chat on the right.

If everyone asks for all camera's maybe will get it.

Maybe somebody call John Doonan and see if can pull some strings. :)

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

John Wilding

John Wilding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:CFR / Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:126

Thanks Johnny!

• Johnny D likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

4:46 IS START TIME FOR THE SM

J~

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users