• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I wonder will there be any outrage and an outcry to oust Danny Steyn from the SMAC, as we have seen from past smac and crb racers caught with their hands in the cookie jar???????

Sad to me that he has so many times insinuated and out right called others cheater of the last two to three seasons, even carrying out Facebook Campaigns to discredit one particular team and racer and yet he was the one caught here cheating and maybe was all along...

Maybe it was a case of if I'm cheating and your still beating me you must be cheating...

Very sad as he obviously has the talent to drive at the front and win IMO!

Oh come on, at least wait for the finger pointing around the circle to play out. Who built the car, who owns it, who maintains it, and of course “who knew what and when did they know it?” Of course on one level it’s always the driver’s responsibility but we know the reality of modern arrive & drive. However, unless other cars under the same tent are similar then my gaze moves elsewhere. Even if it was noticed, should a business refuse to support a car they believe to be non-compliant? Tough call I guess and comes down to individual standards and/or the potential exposure. In any case, multiple reputations will be tarnished and I expect everone involved will have a dodge ready, unless one is big enough to step up and accept responsibility?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32
Couple of thoughts.

First, SM is simply some of the most exciting racing out there. Absolutely a blast to watch the last two years - edge of the seat stuff.
Second, the person crossing the line first deserves to win, but I'm bummed my Texas homeboy Chris did not take the win. Next year.
Third, whoa on burning Danny at the stake.
Forth, MPR is really just a big lovable teddy bear.

Congratulations are apparently due Preston, Sellin and Chris.

CNJ
  • Kevin B and jpsomner like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Oh come on, at least wait for the finger pointing around the circle to play out. Who built the car, who owns it, who maintains it, and of course “who knew what and when did they know it?” Of course on one level it’s always the driver’s responsibility but we know the reality of modern arrive & drive. However, unless other cars under the same tent are similar then my gaze moves elsewhere. Even if it was noticed, should a business refuse to support a car they believe to be non-compliant? Tough call I guess and comes down to individual standards and/or the potential exposure. In any case, multiple reputations will be tarnished and I expect everone involved will have a dodge ready, unless one is big enough to step up and accept responsibility?

come on????  I picked him to win!!!! I gave him multiple pep talks, I think he a great driver!  

He cheated, He has called many others a cheater!  I dont care who has what story, he knew they were slotted end of story!  Every part on that car has been touched in race prep along the way and there is no way in Hell Tom cheated that thing up without Danny knowing!  If Danny blames anyone but himself here He will completley lose my respect as a driver and as a man!

Just as the others before him its time a face the music!  No way should he be alowed to remain on the smac in any way shape of form IMO!

Do I think he should be banned or anything else no he made a big mistake like many in life have, he needs to accept responsibility and move forward, and I hope this lesson will be one that see him throw no stones at other competitors from now on.  

Others before him cheated and have since cleaned up their acts, I would think Danny will do the same!  

Nothing in my original post is anything but complete truth.

• Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

On another note probably many racers are running illegal bump stops as lots of racers have bought suspension kits overt the years from multiple sources not knowing that we were not actually getting true fatcats, now the smac and crb has another big problem on their hands to deal with, either make the knockoffs legal or require a good number of racers to go by and replace with actual fatcats.

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

And on to a positive story my friend and coaching client just won the National Championships in STL!!!! So proud of you ADAM ROBERTS!  one hell of a race even if you were driving a Honda and not a Mazda this week!!!!

• Muda and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

congrats Adam! 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

And on to a positive story my friend and coaching client just won the National Championships in STL!!!! So proud of you ADAM ROBERTS! one hell of a race even if you were driving a Honda and not a Mazda this week!!!!

Wrong topic? :rolleyes:
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Wrong topic? :rolleyes:

A good topic in the runnoffs thread about a spec Miata driver we can't have bad news all the time ;):):)

K. Webb

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

I wonder will there be any outrage and an outcry to oust Danny Steyn from the SMAC, as we have seen from past smac and crb racers caught with their hands in the cookie jar???????

Sad to me that he has so many times insinuated and out right called others cheater of the last two to three seasons, even carrying out Facebook Campaigns to discredit one particular team and racer and yet he was the one caught here cheating and maybe was all along...

Maybe it was a case of if I'm cheating and your still beating me you must be cheating...

Very sad as he obviously has the talent to drive at the front and win IMO!

I wasn't rooting for Danny but here we go again. Running our mouths on the internet.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I wasn't rooting for Danny but here we go again. Running our mouths on the internet.

Your surely entitled to your opinion of me and my post. I don't remember your pushback when I defended your boss at meathead.

And certainly not running my mouth I posted my opinion on the matter, and have posted nowhere but here.

And I will I am not here having a party like some may think... I wish like hell this didn't happen to Danny or anyone, and it doesn't take away I'm from the great race he ran out there. I wouldn't even say that he needed this to have a shot at P1 on the last lap he has plenty of talent
  • Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb