- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

Jboyd1

Jboyd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

There was a lot of chaos in the kill zone to start the race.  I have posted my 360 video for the start from P35.   Big Contact from the 01 when he supermans the curb in Turn #12.

• dstevens likes this

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Mike, you're a smart guy and I am sure you have your reasons, but I have to respectfully disagree. This is the rules creep that needs to stop. If anyone's car has it ... fix it. I don't think this is something that needs to be allowed. I am not an expert, but unless you or someone else can explain to me and everyone why this is needed to be updated ... then maybe I can change my opinion on it.

Let me be clear...  I havent done it, but i see it as the same problem as the front end. I can only get 3.5 and 3.3 on my car. I would like a little more LEGALLY...  Once we went down the slope with the front --I see the rear as the exact same thing. I would prefer not to find the magic parts --that for some tracks seem to work. 

Bushings are easy to tech and then EVERYONE has all of the exact same adjustments as everyone else---seems fair to me. Camber, caster, and toe are all open...  

I agree it is rules creep, but it is easier to check for bushings then arms, subframes, hubs and the rest...

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

There was a lot of chaos in the kill zone to start the race. I have posted my 360 video for the start from P35. Big Contact from the 01 when he supermans the curb in Turn #12.

That is SO much better than a 360 camera I bought last winter, what is it?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I didnt realize it was a 360.. That is really good camera

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Mike, you're a smart guy and I am sure you have your reasons, but I have to respectfully disagree. This is the rules creep that needs to stop. If anyone's car has it ... fix it. I don't think this is something that needs to be allowed. I am not an expert, but unless you or someone else can explain to me and everyone why this is needed to be updated ... then maybe I can change my opinion on it.

Just a guess on my part.  Bent rear subframe = PIA to change out +$$, slotted control arm, 15 mins and no $ +at track fix.  

Not sure what the max factory camber setting is but I know a lot of people struggle like Mr. Novak said to get 3.2.  

Someone with more knowledge than me can speak to the advantages of getting more than factory camber. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Region:DET
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:67
I want more camber on the left side of my car than I can get, front and rear. That is all.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

The Mazda tolerance is all over the map on the rear suspension. Some cars are very challenged to get rear camber (3.1) and some get over 4.0 with stock Mazda parts. So hunting for the best parts can be an advantage at some tracks. 

• dstevens and Richard Astacio like this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jboyd1

Jboyd1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It is a 360 fly  , the 4K version.  

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145

The Mazda tolerance is all over the map on the rear suspension. Some cars are very challenged to get rear camber (3.1) and some get over 4.0 with stock Mazda parts. So hunting for the best parts can be an advantage at some tracks. 

What is the negative of setting a max camber limit of let's say 3.0?  I rarely run more than that.  (maybe that's why I am where I am)......As some of you may know I have Infra Red tire temperatures (Inside, Middle, Out) on all 4 tires and from my amateur racing analysis I do not see the need to add more camber.  

I am absolutely willing to share that data with anyone that could show where more would be better on several courses including Indy.  In general, I am trying to get even temperatures across the tire and balancing camber vs. braking performance and the drag of camber thrust.

I think we are a long way away from where we were years ago with the problems we had wearing out the shoulders of the RA1's.  I am definitely cycling out the Hoosier's before wearing out the rubber.  

The only problem I am aware of is on track damage could make a car non compliant at post race tech.

Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

My thoughts exactly. 

• Danica Davison likes this

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I posted this statement  in the Danny thread, I would be opposed to a rule change. You cannot change the rules every time someone gets caught. The rules are clear. Yes some cars get more camber than others, Well do you homework, buy some parts and work on it. We can't make everything Plug and play. I would be against any limit of camber or ride height Just another thing for tech to do and for us to fail. The rules are fine if you follow them.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

I posted this statement  in the Danny thread, I would be opposed to a rule change. You cannot change the rules every time someone gets caught. The rules are clear. Yes some cars get more camber than others, Well do you homework, buy some parts and work on it. We can't make everything Plug and play. I would be against any limit of camber or ride height Just another thing for tech to do and for us to fail. The rules are fine if you follow them.

Frank you are changing your tune. You we the champion to make the short turn radius legal.
  • DrDomm likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Frank you are changing your tune. You we the champion to make the short turn radius legal.

Different story there where many heads out there with thousands of dollars spent and the risk of people dropping out due to cost. Not the issue here. Just another short cut IMO.

• Jim Drago likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

another "problem" we dont need to fix

• Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

I'd rather have cooling reroute and an oil cooler so the engines last longer and we don't need $700 radiators.  No competitive advantage and it's cheaper for everyone.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1.6 Montana

1.6 Montana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:Southwest Montana
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:09
Wanted to give a shout out to everyone who I met and helped us out over the week!!

Atlanta Speedwerks- Todd, Brian and Jim: What can I say!!! The friendship is the best, the professionalism is top notch
and the overall experience great. Thanks for rebuilding my car and making it fly, more than once!! Y'all know how much I appreciate it!!

Mike Collins- thanks for the willingness to help and it was a blast to get to know you and your dad.

Dave, Anne, Ben and Tim from Advanced- thanks for the help and all the spare parts!!

Senter #55 for an amazing friendship and an epic week thanks man!!

Justin Elder- I Max Verstappened him in turn 1 and completely took him out!! He was incredibly gracious and was a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks Justin for making my weekend, your grace was humbling!!

Chris Halderman- thanks for just being you, and for a great head to put on my motor!

Nicholas Soriano- Sorry for turn three, I know you were pissed ---truly did not see you which is ultimately my fault
I meant nothing personal buy it, it totally ruined my race as well . Look forward to meeting you one of these days.

Cefalo- Pleasure to meet you and thanks for the sub frame – yes I said it subframe !!

Just met P$ and think it's great that he can't believe he won-----it's an amazing thing to win in such a stacked field hats off to you my friend !

Last and most importantly thank you Jesus for saving my soul and letting your children play and have an amazing time! And to my lovely wife and family y'all are amazing!
  • Mike Collins and tylerbrown like this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

The video posted above by JBoyd1 showed some pretty donkey driving by many...even if you think it is right to hold your position between cars on either side that are 1/2 a car length ahead and converging...should you?? Can anyone lift to save potential carnage??

Also watched Galardos posted video...some questionable contact by the front runners IMO. Was there any reviews of contact or bump to passes? Any Steward involvement? It looked like maybe a dozen+ cars had to retire...how many by contact and was there any penalties? Come on Frank! :)

What did happen to Matt Reynolds car? Was it damaged...or was he put off? Or did the car have an issue? What happened to Kicera, Bolanos, Rutherford, Powers?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Kicera - Electrical short 

Rutherford - Bearing started to go after contact. 

Power - Snapped a caliper bolt...I raced with him almost the entire race it was a blast..

Reynold - Had Drago Rental..car looked clean when it came back in..not sure what happened. 

• powerss likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Also watched Galardos posted video...some questionable contact by the front runners IMO. Was there any reviews of contact or bump to passes? Any Steward involvement? It looked like maybe a dozen+ cars had to retire...how many by contact and was there any penalties? Come on Frank! :)

I was not there, the drivers involved need to speak up. Johnny Start a 2017 Runoff video thread, Come on guys share those video's we want to see too.

• dstevens and Danica Davison like this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

There was a lot of chaos in the kill zone to start the race.  I have posted my 360 video for the start from P35.   Big Contact from the 01 when he supermans the curb in Turn #12.

this video is restricted to me. not sure why others can watch.

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users