• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

Clements for SMAC

• Danica Davison likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Clements for SMAC

If he stays retired I would be behind that...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Any reading between the lines at all and it would have been obvious to those with the same information that I knew the score. The difference is that I’m not a caveman with only rudimentary language and a club. ;)
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Any reading between the lines at all and it would have been obvious to those with the same information that I knew the score. The difference is that I’m not a caveman with only rudimentary language and a club. ;)

Spoken like a true diplomat... Lolololol

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Let's let the direct parties involved respond to the results before the mass crusifiction.
  • Ron Alan, Waterboy and sentercut like this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Monkeys can stay quiet only so long.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

I see didn't understand what you couldn't understand from my post lol... 

Any meaning was lost in the apparent glee you have with him getting DQed.  Your post focused on vilifying Steyn rather than providing the entire context.   Without the context of what the infraction was it appeared as a rant rather than some sort of call for action.  For example, non compliant Fatcat clone bump stops?  MEH...  Crank weight and arm slotting?  That's a big deal.  On a pro build of that caliber I doubt it's an accident though I'd be interested to see what the variance was.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10
So much to say about his week, it was the best! As I'm sitting here waiting for my next flight, I would just like to focus this post on the 2017 National Champ!!!

Preston "P-money" Pardus is the freakin champ! I can't believe it! I tell you, when I came across the bricks,, I radioed to Cory Collum asking who won, and when he said "Preston won the damn thing", I felt like I won when I crossed the bricks with all the emotions I was feeling! I was so happy to hear that he won and didn't even care where I finished. I ran to the podium and gave him a big hug with a tear in my eye and I just couldn't believe it. Seeing his father, Dan, with a red face full of tears was truly special and I will never forget that moment.

Preston is loved by everyone, is one of the nicest kids in the world, an amazing wheelman and person, my best friend, and he truly deserves this! Preston and his family have put in more time and effort into this all year long than anyone and I could not be happier for him. He is the real people's champion and is now the national champion!

So happy and proud of you buddy!

- Your Biggest Fan!
  • Mark, Muda, Bench Racer and 8 others like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:55

I am no mechanic, couldn't tell you the difference between a fat cat and a fuzzy cat, and don't even know the officially specific reasons for the DQ beyond what has been said on this forum.  I am far far from "the know", and there seems to be a lot of very vague information at this point from what I have read, and I definitely am not fond of hearing about or calling anyone a cheat. That is a heavy thing to hang on a man's name. And it seems there are lots of circumstances that all or most of us are not aware of and I believe that most every man is owed the benefit of the doubt. I do not know Danny well at all, but my interactions with the man and his track record for this class as a whole do not add up to cheating, and in fact quite the opposite. I would speculate that there is way more to the story, and conclusions should not be jumped to or piled on.

Let's let the direct parties involved respond to the results before the mass crusifiction.

Senter Smith

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:55

And I hate this is distracting from the Winner. Congrats to Pardus, I have not watched the replay yet but I heard it was tremendous. A incredible accomplishment and well deserved. 

• Cnj and Danica Davison like this

Senter Smith

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

Congrats P$.......I meet him in person this week being in the same tent as him and he is a good kid..very humble..friendly etc. The future of scca looks bright...

I also think the people champ should broadcast SCCA Super Tour races and the next run-offs. 

As far as the modifications to obtain more camber, bump stumps, etc....SCCA can solve this easily by limiting the ride height and also limiting max amount of camber on the car.  

• dstevens and Danica Davison like this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

So much to say about his week, it was the best! As I'm sitting here waiting for my next flight, I would just like to focus this post on the 2017 National Champ!!!

Preston "P-money" Pardus is the freakin champ! I can't believe it! I tell you, when I came across the bricks,, I radioed to Cory Collum asking who won, and when he said "Preston won the damn thing", I felt like I won when I crossed the bricks with all the emotions I was feeling! I was so happy to hear that he won and didn't even care where I finished. I ran to the podium and gave him a big hug with a tear in my eye and I just couldn't believe it. Seeing his father, Dan, with a red face full of tears was truly special and I will never forget that moment.

Preston is loved by everyone, is one of the nicest kids in the world, an amazing wheelman and person, my best friend, and he truly deserves this! Preston and his family have put in more time and effort into this all year long than anyone and I could not be happier for him. He is the real people's champion and is now the national champion!

So happy and proud of you buddy!

- Your Biggest Fan!

Nice positive post. I do not know Preston, but I did watch him  and in light of the performance all week, I was pulling for both him and Chris as it takes a lot to stay on top of this group all week. Sounds like his hard work paid off. It make us feel good that he did it the hard way, by hard work.

On The DQ issue, it would be helpful to all if we had the facts, I do not but i have heard about the slotting on the rear upper control arms for camber.  On the fat cats again I was not there but i have heard that some after market (non fat cat supplied bump stops) were found to be Illegal, I do not know any more than that, I do not think anyone got DQ on the fat cat issues, but I would appreciate someone filling us in on the details.

• Danica Davison likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Any meaning was lost in the apparent glee you have with him getting DQed.  Your post focused on vilifying Steyn rather than providing the entire context.   Without the context of what the infraction was it appeared as a rant rather than some sort of call for action.  For example, non compliant Fatcat clone bump stops?  MEH...  Crank weight and arm slotting?  That's a big deal.  On a pro build of that caliber I doubt it's an accident though I'd be interested to see what the variance was.

Yes I'm so glad, that's why I bet the farm on him winning...

Glee is a club

What I am is incredibly disappointed...

And this is my last post even though I feel the congrats should be in the other thread rather then a trash talk thread.

Have the upmost respect for a kid who hasn't even won aajors but he waited for the best race of the year to win the national championships congrats again to preston and all the other podium guys...

And you can read my other better congrats post on the $250 picks thread!
  • powerss and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
fat cat just uses modified circle track bump stops. They make three diff hardnesses and you can cut any of them to look identical to the fat cat ones. The fat cat ones are the "middle" stiffness compound. I have no idea what happened at Indy just explaining whats for sale out there for anyone curious.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58

Rule book says leave racing room, you chop on my nose and don't leave racing room, why should i have to back out or move over.  Jamie is correct.  I am not going to go up to you and purposely pit the guy but i won't move and I won't back out.  The guy that is being dangerous and breaking the rules is lead car not the rear car.  Its a straight away, moving down on a guy that has a run on you and initiating contact is stupid.  If the guy behind backs out then you were lucky not good. 

Thanks for a little more clarification. I didn't catch the block/chop you're referring to, as I was discretely watching the race on my phone while working. I'll probably get a chance to watch it again in a couple days.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Looks like everyone knows who got DQ'd, here's this if it wasn't posted

Car 39 - Disqualified per Chief Steward - GCR 9.1.7.C, 7.2.H

Official Results

https://www.scca.com...cial-1/download

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

To all the Spec Miata drivers who raced at Indy. Congrats on an amazing show. 72 racers on the track with hard fought, clean side-by-side wheel to wheel racing, and no full course yellow for the entire race. You represented the class spectacularly

To Preston Pardus, what a wheelman in the making. You did a phenomenal job of keeping your composure under pressure and not giving an inch. Proud of you Preston.

To Selin Rollan, amazed at your drive. All of us at the front acknowledged that you didn’t have what we had, and yet through aggressive clean moves you got your car to the front and held it there. Awesome drive.

To Chris Haldeman. Buddy, you were the class of the field all week. So sad to see you go off in T1 and that messed it all up. Great drive to come back.

To the Spec Miata Community:- my sincere apologies. I cheated at the biggest SCCA race in history. This is not good for the class. I deserve to be punished. I had one of my best races in my entire career, and it has been erased from existence. I totally deserve your criticism, scorn, ridicule, hate and whatever other invective you want to throw at me.

To those of you who have offered your support, thank you it is greatly appreciated, but I do not deserve it. I look in the mirror and I do not like the person I see.

However, please direct your invective it at me and no-one else. I am the driver of the car and I am totally responsible for whatever is on my car.

And I would suggest to those that have more to say, create a new thread and crucify me there, but let the rest of this Runoffs thread focus on the amazing drives of Preston, Selin and Chris at the 2017 SCCA Runoffs at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

• Jason J Ball, Armando Ramirez, jpsomner and 1 other like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

To all the Spec Miata drivers who raced at Indy. Congrats on an amazing show. 72 racers on the track with hard fought, clean side-by-side wheel to wheel racing, and no full course yellow for the entire race. You represented the class spectacularly

To Preston Pardus, what a wheelman in the making. You did a phenomenal job of keeping your composure under pressure and not giving an inch. Proud of you Preston.

To Selin Rollan, amazed at your drive. All of us at the front acknowledged that you didn’t have what we had, and yet through aggressive clean moves you got your car to the front and held it there. Awesome drive.

To Chris Haldeman. Buddy, you were the class of the field all week. So sad to see you go off in T1 and that messed it all up. Great drive to come back.

To the Spec Miata Community:- my sincere apologies. I cheated at the biggest SCCA race in history. This is not good for the class. I deserve to be punished. I had one of my best races in my entire career, and it has been erased from existence. I totally deserve your criticism, scorn, ridicule, hate and whatever other invective you want to throw at me.

To those of you who have offered your support, thank you it is greatly appreciated, but I do not deserve it. I look in the mirror and I do not like the person I see.

However, please direct your invective it at me and no-one else. I am the driver of the car and I am totally responsible for whatever is on my car.

And I would suggest to those that have more to say, create a new thread and crucify me there, but let the rest of this Runoffs thread focus on the amazing drives of Preston, Selin and Chris at the 2017 SCCA Runoffs at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Danny

Thanks for getting it straight. Lesson learned.

Take the hits, fix the car, get the rules changed to allow the rears of all cars to get the same as we can now in the front, move forward, win races...

• jpsomner likes this
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Not happy with your actions buddy but I am glad you had the balls to accept responsibility!

Now let's get back to racing!

K. Webb