Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
Great Drive Danny! Congrats to Chris and all the podium finishers! Fun Sunday race for me, just 2 many driving mistakes. Thanks to Jim, Robert, York, Kyle and Bob, the East Street Team... I kinda let you guys down, just need more seat time and I will be back in the swing of things soon. I want to apologize to Taylor for cutting him off as I was passing, thought I was clear, but video showed a different story... Also, he did get me back (I understand why) later in the race, so I hope we are even. Blake and I really had a good thing going till I started messing up and his motor started popping. Thanks Blake and look forward to trying it next time.

Great to see everyone. Nick Sommers is a really good driver, and very sorry for Matt's bad luck... he was gonna be right there. I have said it before, but I think these races are some of the most exciting in motorsports.
  • Bench Racer, trimless, Danny Steyn and 2 others like this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

For those of you that are interested in the video of Sunday's race 2, here it is. Lots of fun racing with some very quick guys. Sorry to see both Ross and Clements have issues. I also believe Matt Reynolds had to retire from both races on the outlap so I would say that his weekend wasn't the best. 

if you just want the last lap desperation passes skip forward to 32:40 - Enjoy

Just a quick question... Why at 5:49 of the video are you not giving your OPM teammate some help????  

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

*NASA already wrote the $80k check to Chris before the rest of the field even finished the race*

And last year you Had already WON the INDY runoffs before even setting foot on the hallowed grounds LOLOLOLOLOLOL... How did that go?

• Jim Drago likes this

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Just a quick question... Why at 5:49 of the video are you not giving your OPM teammate some help????  

Not sure what happened but BFC might have missed a shift because he suddenly slowed.  Blake was chasing issues all weekend and wasn't sure what was going on 

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

And last year you Had already WON the INDY runoffs before even setting foot on the hallowed grounds LOLOLOLOLOLOL... How did that go?

You know what. I think I should just buy a 1.6 like you and run SMSE so I can finally feel like a winner.

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Not sure what happened but BFC might have missed a shift because he suddenly slowed.  Blake was chasing issues all weekend and wasn't sure what was going on

Why don't you know what was going on with your opm teammate. Don't you guys talk to each other after a race.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

You know what. I think I should just buy a 1.6 like you and run SMSE so I can finally feel like a winner.

Once you prove you can win in a 99, then you can talk about going to a 1.6! Have you won a race yet inquiring minds need to know? And I don't mean a chump win!

I know your like 2 seconds faster now just cuz you ditched your 1.6 so you must have won several races by now no???

K. Webb

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Once you prove you can win in a 99, then you can talk about going to a 1.6! Have you won a race yet inquiring minds need to know? And I don't mean a chump win!

I know your like 2 seconds faster now just cuz you ditched your 1.6 so you must have won several races by now no???

Well, I have a Mazdaracers Winner Flag, so you tell me.  I have just as many wins in 2018 as everyone else here besides Chris Haldeman, Michael Carter, and Preston Pardus. So you ALL suck too!

• steveracer and Jim Drago like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Well, I have a Mazdaracers Winner Flag, so you tell me.  I have just as many wins in 2018 as everyone else here besides Chris Haldeman, Michael Carter, and Preston Pardus. So you ALL suck too!

Well your a winner in my book!  Just beating Spencer Rutherford who would have won every race he ever entered is proof enough for me and probably the world :)

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison and lillyweld like this

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Why don't you know what was going on with your opm teammate. Don't you guys talk to each other after a race.

It could be a big dysfunctional family thing LOL

K. Webb

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Well your a winner in my book!  Just beating Spencer Rutherford who would have won every race he ever entered is proof enough for me and probably the world :)

I should just call it a career and hang up the driving shoes (or sign them and give them away like Danny).  I have beaten the one and only Spencer Rutherford 5 out of 5 times and he is basically the next Lewis Hamilton. 

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

I should just call it a career and hang up the driving shoes (or sign them and give them away like Danny).  I have beaten the one and only Spencer Rutherford 5 out of 5 times and he is basically the next Lewis Hamilton. 

Actually, someone pretty well known in our community came up to me at Homestead in January and insisted on getting a pair of my shoes signed to add to his trophy cabinet. He said I had been very encouraging to him when he joined our class and helped him our with data when no-one else would. I thought he was full of it, but he insisted, and I signed a pair of my old drivers shoes. (still privately think he might be messing with me  :hugegrin: ).

So Danica, there might actually be some takers for your shoes, and I can clearly see the SMMD swoosh design in my mind!

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Actually, someone pretty well known in our community came up to me at Homestead in January and insisted on getting a pair of my shoes signed to add to his trophy cabinet. He said I had been very encouraging to him when he joined our class and helped him our with data when no-one else would. I thought he was full of it, but he insisted, and I signed a pair of my old drivers shoes. (still privately think he might be messing with me  :hugegrin: ).

So Danica, there might actually be some takers for your shoes, and I can clearly see the SMMD swoosh design in my mind!

SO MANY THINGS TO SAY.. SO LITTLE TIME :)

• Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
I still have the Chapstick I took from you too Danny!! You didn’t sign it for me tho.
  • Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92

^LOL, do you use it, or are you saving it?

So many questions...must resist!

• Bench Racer likes this

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Maybe we'll view a Danica Shoey when she wins her first Super Tour!!! :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Maybe we'll view a Danica Shoey when she wins her first Super Tour!!! :bigsquaregrin:

SAVE THIS!!!!

When Danica wins a supertour, I will do a shoey out of his shoe with him! :) 

• chris haldeman, Bench Racer and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T  - Danica still has to win her first Spec Miata race, let alone her first SuperTour. I will buy Danica a brand new set of shoes for her to Shoey and Sign when she wins her first SuperTour. But I am almost 60 now and I am not sure how much longer I have in my life to wait !!!!!

• Caveman-kwebb99, Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

Danny

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T - Danica still has to win her first Spec Miata race, let alone her first SuperTour. I will buy Danica a brand new set of shoes for her to Shoey and Sign when she wins her first SuperTour. But I am almost 60 now and I am not sure how much longer I have in my life to wait !!!!!

I'm not even 60 or 70 or whatever you really are and I don't have the damn time to wait either lol...

Might never happen seems he is giving up on the dream and going back to regional only racing ;)
  • Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb