Doug Makishima

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:52
Love you too, Johnny...

I was running third in SMT when they pulled me in for sound with 2-3 laps to go. Tom worked on the exhaust as the official watched. I thought he said "go", but apparently he said "let me confirm before you can go." It's really hard to hear through helmet and ear foams.

The sound reading was B.S. I was running in mid 80's all weekend. 94db? Come on!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
With that many sound violations/warnings, seems like the sound meter must have been overly sensitive that day.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
Interesting that I got sound jeopardy for a race I wasn't in.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88

Love you too, Johnny...

I was running third in SMT when they pulled me in for sound with 2-3 laps to go. Tom worked on the exhaust as the official watched. I thought he said "go", but apparently he said "let me confirm before you can go." It's really hard to hear through helmet and ear foams.

The sound reading was B.S. I was running in mid 80's all weekend. 94db? Come on!

Not trying to pick on you.
Just sorry you had a bad day after everthing else you've gone through.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Holifield

Steve Holifield

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Car Number:44

Must have been all the noise you made in the paddock replacing the water pump :wacko:

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
It's a conspiracy!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Number:01
Video from me way back in the field.

Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Number:33

I'm thinking sound forgot people's numbers, started going by colors...too bad you have a red Miata.
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990
I'm 05 and I find it difficult to believe that I got a "Sound Jeopardy". I'm running stock exhaust and a cat!

tahoez

tahoez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car Number:62
how did a board member bump draft a its car into the wall??? in turn 4

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

how did a board member bump draft a its car into the wall??? in turn 4

I think being a board member and driver are mutually exclusive. My guess would be the Stewards don't look at titles when evaluating an incident. Not defending anyone, just pointing out to expect a certain group of people to act differently(or have to) than the rest of the drivers on track is silly.

Ron

RAmotorsports

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
I heard Mike Nieman had some medical issues after the last race. If you're reading this Mike, I hope you're doing ok. Congrats on the win. You were absolutely flying all weekend.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

tahoez

tahoez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car Number:62
last time i checked bump drafting in sfr was against the rules and in a corner i need to say no more!

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

last time i checked bump drafting in sfr was against the rules and in a corner i need to say no more!

I saw Mike directly after the race and can tell you with my hand on my heart I have never seen someone so affected by an on track incident. ZERO part of me believes that Mike did anything on purpose.

I also talked to him on Sunday night, he is doing fine. He was checked by the track med staff and told to go to the ER.

If you truly feel he needs to defend himself, I'm sure he will. But I can tell you that he didn't do anything intentionally.

I also beleive that if there was truly a problem, it would be sorted out between Mike and Wil.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Doug Makishima

Doug Makishima

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

BTW, I did protest the DQ, but at 7:05pm, I withdrew it because I had to leave as I was already running late. Yeah, I thought I heard "go". I was then held at track reentry by another official who got a his radio to confirm things. Then he waived me by. It turns out he was waiving me to go back paddock. Well, how was I supposed to know that? He didn't say anything, he just motioned his arm/hand up in the air to move forward (my interpretation). This is such BS.

I got copies of the G5 and G7 sound readings. Here are my readings:
Grp7
P: 86,85,85,84,84,88
Q: 87,85,86,89
R1: 90,88,89,83,84
R2: 91,94,90 (I was in a train of 5 cars most of the time),| 84 (after black flag for sound - the fix was kicking the tailpipe...)

Grp5
P:88,85,96(obviously not my car),84,86
Q:79,86,86,84
R1:85,85,86,85,84,90
R2: No readings even recorded
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Number:01

BTW, I did protest the DQ, but at 7:05pm, I withdrew it because I had to leave as I was already running late. Yeah, I thought I heard "go". I was then held at track reentry by another official who got a his radio to confirm things. Then he waived me by. It turns out he was waiving me to go back paddock. Well, how was I supposed to know that? He didn't say anything, he just motioned his arm/hand up in the air to move forward (my interpretation). This is such BS.

I got copies of the G5 and G7 sound readings. Here are my readings:
Grp7
P: 86,85,85,84,84,88
Q: 87,85,86,89
R1: 90,88,89,83,84
R2: 91,94,90 (I was in a train of 5 cars most of the time),| 84 (after black flag for sound - the fix was kicking the tailpipe...)

Grp5
P:88,85,96(obviously not my car),84,86
Q:79,86,86,84
R1:85,85,86,85,84,90
R2: No readings even recorded

Hey Doug,

Does SFR post the sound readings online or only at the event as I wanted to see how my car's exhaust was reading on their meter.

Thanks,

Joshua Fine
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Hey Joshua,

When I was watching your first race I was thinking: nice calm patient driver. Then a few laps into the second race you start letting loose. Exciting stuff, especially in T11 and the corkscrew. Thanks for posting!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
It would seem common sense has no place in sound readings :o

Ron

RAmotorsports

Doug Makishima

Doug Makishima

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
Raw footage of Spec Miata (SMT) Race 2 of SCCA SFR #3. I'll edit for highlights in next few days.

View of top 5 -- then 4 (pass Greg in T8), then 3 (Nick T9 off/spin), then 2 (Mike T10 spin), then... BS "meatball" for sound while running P3 (per above posts, it was a total B.S. reading)

http://www.vimeo.com/24508731

Greg Cicatelli

Greg Cicatelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Number:96

Here is my group 7 Race 1 video. Great footage of the battle with Phillip, Mike, Nick and myself. Really clean and competitive racing. Cheers, Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users