Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
1) they just changed it back like the old site this weekend.
2) Can't control that.
3) same as 1. Have you looked?
4) same " " " " " ?

What would you like to do? go to ____???
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
No "concern", just trying to help. If you look at the old site, you'll find I've had considerable experience with it. ;)

Gotta go to an SCCA meeting now, but I'll try to address your individual concerns later. BTW, I don't speak for the site.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I don't speak for this site as well, but just try to help.
This is important to me.
If you have problems, there are others in the same spot.
Ask away.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
When you get this below, you add your reply below that and then hit the Add Reply button.

quote name='Johnny D' timestamp='1317689586' post='15140'
1) they just changed it back like the old site this weekend.
2) Can't control that.
3) same as 1. Have you looked?
4) same " " " " " ?

What would you like to do? go to ____???
J~
/quote

racinglawyer

racinglawyer

Old Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:"0"
Jim, Thanks for your concern.

Hopefully the many who visited your site daily will return.

Tha cell phone industry learned the hard way that when you change something drastically people go elsewhere.
every time Motorola changed their cell phone programs, Apple got another Million customers...no wonder Apple made$6,000,000,000 in a quarter.

AOL learned the hard way, when they changed their format they lost so many accounts they went back to the old format.

I am not the smartest guy around just someone who cares..So please take my comments in the spirit in which they were intended...Love Ya, Mike
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44
Suggestion: Could you add a FAQ section where members could go to look up common questions?

Some ideas would be to include contributions from Jim D's setup suggestions, Hoosier Tires - Best practices, Data Acquisition, How passing Rules differ in Runoffs and Regional Races, :banghead: Common Hand Signals/Gestures in Runoffs :shame: , etc.?

Even better would be a Wiki-type area where members could edit and add their ideas/suggestions to these FAQs.

Thanks for all of the positive changes so far.

Tom Hart

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

Suggestion: Could you add a FAQ section where members could go to look up common questions?

Even better would be a FAQ with Answers to common questions. B)

Tom

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

Even better would be a Wiki-type area where members could edit and add their ideas/suggestions to these FAQs.

Great idea!

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Nice job on the new skin guys.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Let's just say that opinions differ. :no: Hopefully it'll evolve.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Once you select "Mobile" theme, you can't change BACK again! You can select another theme, but it doesn't make the change. Now it REALLY sucks (on desktop machine)!

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
OK, after trying the same thing half a dozen times (see the definition of insanity...), it changed back from Mobile. Flakey is good, if you're a pastry.

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Please add the OG mazdaracers theme as an option. Bleeding at the eyes from the white. :/

Found the swatch for the backround and that helps. Any chance you can choose colors for the post backrounds?

I like the new buttons and bars now.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
Try the "Infinite" theme, it's a lot more readable. The white-on-white-on-white "Mazda Racers" theme is really baaaaaad.

BTW, I thought the colors were supposed to be selectable? I couldn't find where to do it.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
Hmm... mobile version won't load at all on my mobile device.... android.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
This was a major upgrade so little things are going to be missed but can be fixed quickly once we identify them. I also notice active content is not loading on mobile.

Re: the themes. Understand that there will be a huge difference of opinion here. We have two options, the default option and "infinite" in which you can modify the primary color. That's it.

It is worth mentioning again, please keep all criticism "constructive".
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Number:27

BTW, I thought the colors were supposed to be selectable? I couldn't find where to do it.

To the right of the main menu bar. Top right icon
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Caesar
The site is improving daily, and I love it. Mobile site usability is excellent. One possible feature to consider, if available is font size icon to increase/ decreae font size. I use this a lot on mobile financial apps, and it allows me to read without reaching for my glasses! Hate this aging thing!
  • Caesar Vielmas likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Hate this aging thing!

The alternative is not good. :no:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
Anyone else getting error messages when trying to visit certain pages?
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users