Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
Not getting any errors but I need sunglasses this morning when looking at the new colors. I was just getting used to the drab grey.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Lee Tilton

Lee Tilton

I wanna go faster!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Region:WDC - NASA Mid-Atl
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:04
I like it!
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Tom if you go to the bottom of the page and change the theme to Infinite it will give you a dark background.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Well done.

Over the years, after having owned 2 successful and very active sites that used IPB software, I have learned that there are 3 very important factors for forum success:

1. Choice of skins - some people find light skins hard on the eyes, other do not - having every option available to the user is important.

2. Less forums are always a good idea - having too many forums with subforums scatters users all over the site and that in itself does NOT promote/invite conversation and it makes it difficult to navigate.

3. Light and consistant moderation - it's always a good idea to let people talk but obviously there are limits that should not be crossed - the site seems to balance that fine line very well. It is also very important for people to remember that most folks post at work so think a little before posting something that might put someone in a compromising position at they're place of business.

Anyways, from what I see, the changes that have been made are all leading in the positive direction so pat yourselves on the back ;)
  • Jim Drago and Caesar Vielmas like this
"TALENT IS OFTEN PERSEVERANCE IN DISGUISE"

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
Thank you _Q_

We debated on #1 a bit. I have heard many strong arguments for "Never put white text on black" and in the past 24 hrs we have heard the opposite. :noidea: . We'll try to give you the options and go from there. Glad you like it overall.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Caesar
The new default Skin is a little rough, is there a way for you design an infinite skin that you like and it be the default? I think the one that showed up this AM is pretty hard on the eyes and a little cheesy, 50-75% will likely never change it.. I know before buying the site, I would have run that default for months or until Daniels came over and changed it for me. :prayer: If we could make a somewhat more attractive default, I would like to as I think there are many who will never touch it.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Ouch...hard on the old eyes. Oh well, will adapt again :help: Does not go to only the new posts or posts I haven't read...starts at the beginning :grr: Maybe have to hit everything once again?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
I'm not that picky, but I immediately switch to the infinite.

To reiterate, the mobile theme is NOT working on my phone (android). I'm rebooting my phone to see if that fixes it....

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Caesar
The new default Skin is a little rough, is there a way for you design an infinite skin that you like and it be the default? I think the one that showed up this AM is pretty hard on the eyes and a little cheesy, 50-75% will likely never change it.. I know before buying the site, I would have run that default for months or until Daniels came over and changed it for me. :prayer: If we could make a somewhat more attractive default, I would like to as I think there are many who will never touch it.

Jim

Good Idea, I figured it out but that was because I like to play with the settings. I like the new format. If you can also change the type size as a part of the options that would be helpful too.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Does not got to only the new posts or posts I haven't read...starts at the beginning :grr: Maybe have to hit everything once again?

I noticed this as well, can we go back to the last post or page when we click in view active content please :)

I know this is all stuff you are probably working on.. :angel:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Caesar

Jim

Believe it or not Jim, IPB puts a lot of reserach into they're default IPB skin - color contrast, fonts, etc - they typically make the best default skin.

There are many sites out there that can make custom skins and have skins for sale - best thing I found is to maybe spend a few pennies buy a skin pack have them loaded PROPERLY by Caesar and go from there - Also have a base banner custom made that fit those skins.

Caesar, I'm sure, can show you a few options if that's the way you wish to look into.

For those that don't know, the IPB adminCP can be maddening at times and a good FTP program can save a lot of hassle but MOST changes are time consuming and require a strong knowledge of it to succeed so don't think for a second that was has changed on this site was in any way "easy". Owners and e-mechanic should be congratulated LOL

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I'm not that picky, but I immediately switch to the infinite.

To reiterate, the mobile theme is NOT working on my phone (android). I'm rebooting my phone to see if that fixes it....

Just tried it on an iPhone4 and it works perfectly.

Are you using the IPB app?

If so, check for an update in the android market.

If no update is available try it in your browser using the mobile skin. That should point you in the right direction as to what is causing your problem.

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
"Mark as Read" button?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Just tried it on an iPhone4 and it works perfectly.

Are you using the IPB app?
If so, check for an update in the android market. If no update is available try it in your browser using the mobile skin. That should point you in the right direction as to what is causing your problem.

No, simply android browser. There didn't use to be an IPB app for android. I'll have to go look again. Maybe things have changed.

Still no joy after reboot. Comes up with the same theme I have selected on the desktop (infinite). When I switch the desktop theme and refresh my phone, the theme tracks the desktop. I verified that my broswer options inclide "prefer mobile version" (it does). I was using the mobile version last night at midnight before I went to sleep.

There's a link at the bottom that says "use mobile version", but clicking this makes no change in my phone view.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

No, simply android browser. There didn't use to be an IPB app for android. I'll have to go look again. Maybe things have changed.

Still no joy after reboot. Comes up with the same theme I have selected on the desktop (infinite). When I switch the desktop theme and refresh my phone, the theme tracks the desktop. I verified that my broswer options inclide "prefer mobile version" (it does). I was using the mobile version last night at midnight before I went to sleep.

There's a link at the bottom that says "use mobile version", but clicking this makes no change in my phone view.

Download the official IPB app and try it, tell me what you see. I think there is one available now.

The app is free and it downloads in seconds. From there enter the url and login info.

Which version of the androidOS are you using?

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Tom;

Go to mazdaracers on a desktop. Choose the mobile skin as your default.

Go to a few forums, surf a little bit and close it.

Clear cache on your phone and then try to access the site on your phone again.

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts

Tom:
probably a bug in browser detection in IPB, try clearing your cache and all that browser stuff. I will test mobile a bit later. We are still hamering through some items on the desktop.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
jim:
working on the active content items. stay tuned.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com

_Q_

_Q_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Tom:
probably a bug in browser detection in IPB, try clearing your cache and all that browser stuff. I will test mobile a bit later. We are still hamering through some items on the desktop.

I just tested the mobile skin on a desktop and phone and switched back and forth on both without any problems. It's definitely his phone and clearing the cache should resolve it.

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

I noticed this as well, can we go back to the last post or page when we click in view active content please :)

I know this is all stuff you are probably working on.. :angel:

If you click the icon to the left of the thread title, it will take you to the unread posts instead of the first page. It looks like the default behavior previously was to take you to the unread posts by clicking on the title.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users