115 replies to this topic

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991

I can respect a debate about whether Senna was dirty. I can respect a debate about whether Prost was too political. I can respect a debate about who was better: Prost or Senna. But when someone says they can't even see the logic of being a Prost fan? Sorry, that's not a respectable position.

Quick summary: blindingly fast from the first day of his career to the last. Intelligent, strategic, smooth, almost mistake-free. Master of car setup and racecraft. Consistently took on, and most of the time beat, the toughest and fastest drivers as his teammates. 51 wins, 33 poles, 4 championships. One of the best and most complete racing drivers the world's ever seen.

Surely you can see the logic of a racer maybe admiring or wanting to emulate one or two things there? :-)

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
You guys are on crack!

Milka Duno > Senna or Prost

Undebatable, surely Charbo would agree, end of topic, shut down this thread. Nothing more to discuss. :D

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Ca Racer, you saw the part of my comments saying this was in good fun right? Yes he was plenty talented but surely there are drivers and other athletes that you don't like or don't respect because of some personal issue with them? Every pro athlete is at the pinnacle of their sport and probably deserves some level of admiration. But cheering a particular guy is an emotional thing so yeah , you are right, plenty of logical reasons to be a huge Prost fan. Have at it and you won't be wrong. But just like Prost, a very mechanical approach to choosing someone to be a fan of. It would be like being a Kimi fan. Dry and bland but not wrong.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR

Of course it's all good fun. I just felt compelled to complete the picture a little since I think so many people have gotten a very incomplete or unfair picture from the movie (not saying you're one of them). Now that there's some proper acknowledgement, respect, and balance, I'll go away again. :)

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
does big ERN get 50 lashes? Tar and Feathered? Waterboarded? Burned at the stake? Why cunt he just say I'm sorry?

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

You guys are on crack!

Undebatable, surely Charbo would agree, end of topic, shut down this thread. Nothing more to discuss. :D

Michael I think rolling your car in Seattle affected your brain. (I know ur having fun.) Milka is one gorgeous woman though. Glad to hear you're ok after the accident. Build a SM and come down to PIR on occasion. We love having our Washington neighbors race with us.
  • Michael Colangelo likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
CARacer, BRAVO!

Colangelo, you're a damn genius!!!

Why cunt he just say I'm sorry?

Don't know if that's a typo or not. (PS, Ern doesn't owe this forum anything)

What does any of this have to do with punishment for cheating? Not a damn thing, but here's another rant, Shrub (little Busch) probably has more natural ability than just about any current, active driver. He's making million$ to do what he loves. So why does he (ditto his big brother Mr. Spock) have to be such an asshole?

Big Danica fan, big, huge!!!
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

does big ERN get 50 lashes? Tar and Feathered? Waterboarded? Burned at the stake? Why cunt he just say I'm sorry?

Quit trying to discuss the original point of this thread... You're clouding the issue.

:whistling:

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Quit trying to discuss the original point of this thread... You're clouding the issue.

:whistling:

Didn't think any one would catch that LOL, you one smart Taco!!!!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Bump.

You guys mentioned blatant cheating on the ECU.

Carry on,

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Blake Thompson

Blake Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Number:137

62945046.jpg

• dstevens, Jim Drago and mhiggins10 like this

BTDTRacing, LLC - ISellMiataParts.com

"I'm not making any money doing this, I'm purely doing it out of ego." - Paul Tracy

2011 Midwestern Council Spec Miata series champion

2015 Winner, SM - Midwestern Council: A Legen-Dairy Enduro, Co-Driver Stephanie Andersen

2015 Winner, ITA - Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Formula Festival

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:SouthEast
  • Car Number:121

new to this series, I can't believe there is no sealed ECU rule.  My son reminds me every time he is my garage that he could duplicate an AEM ECU in a spec miata box without breaking a sweat.  He is a good kid, but I promise you, he is not the only one to realize this!!!!!

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I have raced in a couple of series where you drew an engine and ECU on Friday.  That might be an answer to a lot of problems in SM.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

With all the excitement today about cheating, I am not sure I know exactly how each of the organizations SCCA/ NASA deal with it beyond an immediate DQ.

I think there are two types of cheats the intentional and the unintentional, it may be hard to prove an unintentional but lets take the example we were told today you bought someones car and unknown to you its got illegal parts.

But what about the other case were its pretty clear the owner has a full understanding of his equipment and the problem is in no way anything other than an intended, but Opps, I got caught deal.

Is it all up to the discretion of the man in charge at the event? do they ever issue suspensions of car or driver for a future event or DQ from going to the Nationals or Runoffs?

I have to admit I have not studied the SCCA points system against your license maybe that answers it.

Personally being put in the hall of shame in front of all they guys I am trying to earn the respect of is a big enough deterrent for me, but what about the other consequences of accumulated points, and contingency money that may have been paid out. It seams that the problem is bigger than just getting a DQ.

So as Franks stated "intentional and the unintentional"

Are you cool with a simple DQ for both ?
What if the guy keeps getting caught ?

Brian G from MotorSportsReg collects data of DQ's on his RaceHero App.

Have a good weekend everyone, I'm out.

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

That might be an answer to a lot of problems in SM.

That assumes we have a lot of problems? I dont think most running the majors believe we have many if any of these problems. You can put an AEM in a SM box, it would be VERY evident if protested as all they would have to do is pull the cover? One could argue that a if the ECU were sealed.. your son could just as easily duplicate or defeat the seal, then put his AEM in the box and reseal and it would never be opened to look at :) The moral of the story... If someone wants to cheat, they will cheat!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

The moral of th story... If someone wants to cheat, they will cheat! 

that is the sad sad truth...

luckily, It doesn't seem that wide spread...

and no, I have not played with my ECU, I drive too slowly for it to make a difference  :nonono: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users