wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20
Score some points this season and you can go, thanks to Jarhead's request to the BoD/CRB for a slight change in the point requirements. Come to HPT in July and grab some Midiv points.
wheel

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Runoffs 06 - 2 cars $14k
Runoffs 07- 1 car 10k
Took 8 off hated Topeka!
09 Went as SM Line Chief in Tech - $3500
Runoffs 10 - We went with 7 cars and did it all the way 86k all in for all of us
Runoffs 11 - 2 cars 17k (plus a motor and head work after to replace blown motor)

But we had sooooo much fun!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I suck, I drop 2K to 3K a weekend and have never had enough points (most years 0) for an invite -- I guess I should have gone the year any fool could go

Willie, finish 8 national races (no points required :scratchchin: ) & your in. :king: Cut your costs for your 8 national races :scratchchin: , do 55% of the laps :scratchchin: & spend your money for the Runoffs prep along with doing a test day if you have a once in a lifetime dream of doing the Runoffs at Road America. This deal is no different than X number of drivers have joined divisons where they get easy points every time they enter a race or they cherry pick easy points races.

Updated for 2012
To qualify for an invitation to the 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoffs, drivers will need to have a minimum of 4 starts (2 must be in your division) and 4 finishes AND achieve at least one of four criteria based on Divisional and National points. They are:
- Finish in the top three of their class in their Divisional Championship.
- Finish in the top half of the coast-to-coast, National Point Standings within their class.
- Reach or exceed a minimum number of points for a given class in the National Point Standings (listed below).
- Finish eight or more National races
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:50

Runoffs 06 - 2 cars $14k
Runoffs 07- 1 car 10k
Took 8 off hated Topeka!
09 Went as SM Line Chief in Tech - $3500
Runoffs 10 - We went with 7 cars and did it all the way 86k all in for all of us
Runoffs 11 - 2 cars 17k (plus a motor and head work after to replace blown motor)

but how much work did you do yourself? just the raw dollar figure i doubt illustrates the cost to those who don't do their own wrenching... not many on here are building their own motors (at least front running motors). given you are building cars on a regular basis, i'm guessing you're not paying the 'normal' piper rate either. installing suspension, paint, hell, there are folks here who don't change their own pads.

point being - $10K out of pocket for you is probably at least 20K for someone not spinning wrenches... while an extreme example, what would OPM charge to recreate danny's car from this year or last year? would $30K even cover it (read:not a chance). a good car - not great, good - that is: good clean donor, everything gone through (bushings/bearings/trans/rear), high quality cage/seat/harness/fire system, competitive motor, gutting, hard top, and basic paintwork is a $20K car, paying someone else to do all the work. you can build a car or buy a ready to go mid-pack car for significantly less, but to run up front, even regionally, costs.

ahm
  • Michael Colangelo likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Cut your costs for your 8 national races :scratchchin: , do 55% of the laps. This deal is no different than X number of drivers have joined divisons where they get easy points every time they enter a race or they cherry pick easy points races.

IMO, this philosophy is against all that racing and SM stands for. I will likely lose the division this year because I CHOSE to race people, not score points. I skipped Gateway and and easy twelve in division points to go to Atlanta hoping to finish on the podium. To each their own, but why bother racing at all if this is the mindset? That is old school SCCA way of thinking, thankfully that mind set is not prevalent in SM.

Senna would rollover in his grave ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko94oniszuA
  • Glenn and Alex Bolanos like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

IMO, this philosophy is against all that racing and SM stands for. I will likely lose the division this year because I CHOSE to race people, not score points. I skipped Gateway and and easy twelve in division points to go to Atlanta hoping to finish on the podium.

Come up to MAM in June for 12 easy points, and bring that bug-eyed miata.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
A significant difference between Senna and me - he didn't have to personally finance replacement cars - "roll-out the back-up". In fact, if I damage my car beyond repair it's game over.

Prost fan.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14
No question run 8 races & go to the show is NOT what SM is about but the SCCA did include the new invite rule$$$
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
The SCCA just changed the rule. Previously in layman's terms you had to be in the top half of POINTS EARNERS. Now you have to be in the top half of PARTICIPANTS. The way the rule was written was unfair to SM and SRF as in just about every other class at a National race every participant is a points earner.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

Prost fan.

Figures.
  • john mueller and Rob Burgoon like this

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Figures.

ALL MAKES SENSE NOW :)
  • john mueller likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
A SOLID "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO " TO PROST AND THE MOOSE FOR BEING A PROST FAN.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Senna was a dirty driver, thought so when he was alive and ain't changing my opinion just 'cause he died. Same goes for Ironhead Sr. (Fans hold up three fingers to indicate number of remaining teeth.)

Guess what? I never liked Schumacher either, that arrogant prick.

Who do I like? Mario Andretti is the best there ever was. Petty is King, so is Kenny.

Not sorry.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Who is Kenny?

I agree on Earnhardt senior( dead or alive) and Schumacher, disagree on Senna entirely.. Your confusing passion with dirty driving :)

trying to think of my favorites.. Currently Alonso and Button and Kyle Bush, Jeff Gordon and Jimmi Johnson in Nascar.

All time, Senna, Young Paul Tracy ( first stint with Penske) and Emmerson Fiittipaldi and Montoya ( who I am losing a little bit of respect for year after year)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Who's King Kenny ?!?

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Met Emo at Mid-O back in the good'ol CART days. Nicest guy!

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

Who is Kenny?

Posted Image

Everyone knows Kenny!

Montoya ( who I am losing a little bit of respect for year after year)

Warning NSFW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGP-sF5SFw

Mira!! You broke my !^@#@ head!
  • CARLOS TEIXEIRA likes this

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Moose,

I agree with the other guys, all becomes clear now! :) You being a Prost fan. Don't understand your logic for being one. Even if I agree that Senna was dirty (and I don't), why would that make me a Prost fan by default? And if you want to talk about dirty, there are two types at that level of sport; the first which you were referring to about on track antics, and the second type. That being off track political antics which Prost was a pro at. The first is the realm of people with passion (not saying that this makes it right), the second is the realm of weenies. I stand with the passionate, if sometimes too passionate guys.

I hope you know that my comments are all in good fun when it comes to this.

J
  • Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Don't believe everything you see in the movies. Senna had a definite slant, and was edited to make Prost look like a bad guy. Other than that I enjoyed the show.

One more thing, Iron Man is not real, it's just Robert Downy, Jr. wearing a costume.

Senna was a crasher.

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Wasn't just from a pretty good documentary. Remember, Prost is still driving. Just seems like a complete weiner. Never seems happy, Never invites positive attitudes around him. And , even though the documentary may have hyped the virtues of Senna, I don't think it hypes the faults of Prost.

Just seems a very bitter man.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users