Photo

I am going to ask a stupid question? David Dewhurst and others...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Anywho, My car is almost 23 years old and rapidly becoming the "new Bug-Eye Sprite."

SM won't be the 'it' class forever. A newer version will come along, maybe it's SM5.

Here's a question for EVERYONE. Should the 06+ MX5 be allowed in SM, adjusted for parity of course?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Here's a question for EVERYONE. Should the 06+ MX5 be allowed in SM, adjusted for parity of course?

I suppose you could make any car compatible with any other car but, you are straying well off the Spec car philosiphy adding a fourth car to the class. I would not be for it. (I bet a lot of the NA owners had similar thoughts before the NB's were introduced)
  • William Keeling likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I suppose you could make any car compatible with any other car but, you are straying well off the Spec car philosiphy adding a fourth car to the class. I would not be for it. (I bet a lot of the NA owners had similar thoughts before the NB's were introduced)

Funny you say that I was FLAMED in 04 for EVER suggesting that my (at the time) 01 could some day become a doner for SM, LOL. Never say Never here in mandramaland........

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

you are straying well off the Spec car philosiphy adding a fourth car to the class. I would not be for it. (I bet a lot of the NA owners had similar thoughts before the NB's were introduced

Bing, bing, bing. Johnny tell him what he's won.

So 3 is OK but 4 is too many?
  • William Keeling likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Bing, bing, bing. Johnny tell him what he's won.

So 3 is OK but 4 is too many?

Actually we already have 4 so the NC would make it 5......just sayin..... :spin:

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
At least the cars we have now are "pretty close" in stock performance. The NC starts much higher up the curve, so equalizing the cars would become even more difficult. I'd have to vote no.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

I've raced sealed classes. It doesn't save any money for people that work on their own stuff.
Sealing gives an illusion of parity.

Of course it doesn't help those who do their own work -- that's part of the cost of the parity. And I think the illusion is reality, to the extent that the sealing works. Of course, if you have a seal that can be replaced, or the engine can be torn down without disturbing the seal, then the sealing doesn't work. At that point you spnd the money, and don't get the benefit. Nobody wants that, but it's just a matter of ensuring the seal works -- it's not rocket science.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
BTW, I'm nor arguing FOR sealing the motors. It would be an expensive PITA, and I suspect it would drive a number of regional guys out. But I do think it could produce the parity, and take a huge load off the tech guys. It's a trade-off, like everything else.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

BTW, I'm nor arguing FOR sealing the motors. It would be an expensive PITA, and I suspect it would drive a number of regional guys out. But I do think it could produce the parity, and take a huge load off the tech guys. It's a trade-off, like everything else.

jim its time for you tooo step up sssssca official plezas
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users