Jim Platis

Jim Platis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:06

Shoot, NASA Florida needs to get some TV coverage apparently. I'm glad that I live in the midwest so that when I start racing I wont have to worry about my car being deliberately taken out.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Look, there is nobody taking anyone out intentionally in Florida. Most of these threats are being made by frankly people whom they know not what they speak.

Let me share a more positive and fun story with you about Florida racing from this past weekend.

In the second race I got a good jump from seventh and took the inside against the wall, was pretty proud of myself I must say. I look in the mirror and here comes lunatic, oh my bad, Charbs looking like he is wanting some of that inside. I am thinking he is not going to try this is he? Before I finished my thought he was next to me, tried to give him a little squeeze (as I also am not playing with a full deck) but he was not going to back off nor did I expect him too. Now by the turn-in point of 1, we are side by side fractions of an inch from each other and the wall. I get off the gas Charbs cuts across my bow, tries to turn the car in, he ends up in the middle of three wide, I am all over the place as well and Alex was behind us and he jumps on the inside of me, all in the wet. Here is the best part, we never touched, and I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing I could barely see, I later found out that Alex and Charbs were laughing as well. Now that is fun and that is how it should be and how it is with most of us down here. So again come and race with us, nobody is going to run you off the track trust me.

Jimmy

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Reminder: videos go in the AC coroner.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Well one thing is very clear, birds of a feather stick together...and they seem to be falling out of the nest daily squawking like crazy :frustrated:

Just couldn't do it Jim could you :rotfl:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:90

Linda you are such a liar, In page 3 you accused Jr of hitting someone one Sunday. You are a real piece of you know what… Now you tell us you are inexperienced.. I know you did a brake check on Jr going to turn 7. Brake check is when decide to hit the brake inconsistent from when you would normally brake. Now either you did it on purpose to attempt slow Jr down off Nicks tail and the podium finish or this was your inexperience caused you to panic when the fast front runners came up to you and you hit the brakes early watching your mirrors. Rule one don’t watch your mirrors!! If you did a brake check on me I would have hit you too. You are a real piece of work to bring up the B-Spec. Moovin is right you must live in a trailer. You are know known at Liar Linda! Below is your quote about Sunday, read it again you liar.

getfast, on 06-28-2012 01:53 PM, said:

Incorrect. Ask him what the action was.

Jon Felton

(Director, NASA FL)

Well he was still racing on Sunday and having more contact with cars, so what's to ask? To the other drivers it looks like there were no ramifications for such driving.

Do you remember now? Are you just after Jr like Nick is? Don’t forget he placed 2nd and 3rd and also qualified 1st on Sunday. The Kid can drive. Good luck at the Nationals Jr.

Doug. How could she beat me when she was not in SM but in PTE and still in the way of SM drivers. I was there racing one Sunday.

By the way I am slow and I do admit it.

Nick I was not racing on Sunday but instead watching the race by turn 17 when the incident happened and did see it. Oh and yes I do have Irocket on Jrs car along with all the breathless cars and all my toys. that is my company. Oh another thing I did pass my SCCA school and just needed to do a second school to get my scca lic. I have been racing bikes and off shore boats for many years and now decided to get into the cars. You see Breathless built me a killer vette but will not let me race it till they know I am ready. That is why i bought a Miata to practice.
As far as the bumping I was bumped a few times on Sunday by some adults but did not make a big deal of it like some of you. I guess if Jr ends up front or gets pole its bash Jr time right? If anyone has a problem with what I said I am right here. I wear a white suit drive car number 59 miata and later car number 59 corvette. I dont need to hide behind a keyboard like some of you.

The other issue is Jr needs was really driving fast this weekend. a 2nd and a 3rd in the race against some fast drivers. On sunday pole, why is no one talking about that?

Ira

Ira, I don't know you and frankly after this post by you, I don't care to know you and I don't value either your advise, opinion or perspective on the incident.

Jon, this is the reason I did not come to NASA earlier this year. Too much drama on the part of your sponsor and their affiliated drivers. This is supposed to be a no contact club. Threats about crashing into people on purpose, being told to watch out, the intentional contact, damage to my car that I have to spend time and money to fix, name calling...shall I go on. Mission accomplished by your sponsor, I am not coming back to NASA.

NASA != FUN

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30

Well one thing is very clear, birds of a feather stick together...and they seem to be falling out of the nest daily squawking like crazy :frustrated:

Just couldn't do it Jim could you :rotfl:

Not sure what you're trying to say, Ron. If you mean I'm reluctant to close down the thread, you're right -- I consider that a last resort. But as the other Jim said already, it's getting close.

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56

Nick I was not racing on Sunday but instead watching the race by turn 17 when the incident happened and did see it.

- The race with the Turn 17 incident happened on Saturday not Sunday.

- Where exactly were you standing to see the Turn 17 incident?

- Your viewing angle is obviously way off and you don't know the proper racing line through Turn 17 since you barely have your SCCA License.

- By the way, Where Is Jrs. Front Video of Turn 17 When He Made Contact With Me? HHHHHMMMMMMMM

He has hours of self promotion video posted but nothing is posted when he makes a mistake. Just like the last time he hit me in the rear corner on the last turn before the finish line.

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Irocket2

Irocket2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Fl
  • Car Number:59
Hey Jimmy I am just telling the truth like some are scared to do. You know who I am, I really dont care who these guys or girls are. yes they can eat my lunch in SM but not in my Vette...lol By the way I race on my own along with 10+ other drivers and we all race with Breathless Performance. The new team is now Irocket Racing, Joe Heck Racing and Breathless Performance all merged together. Why should I be worried about what linda or High Chair thinks? The problem is when they spread lies like Linda did about Sundays races and incidents. That is not right, If you do not want to stick up for the truth well that is your choice and you made your decision for all of us. You stood there and listened to the lies about Sunday and even watched the video of Nick trying to take Jr out and yet you did not see it. I saw with my own two eyes what happened on turn 17. Not one other person in the forum saw this in person except Jr, Nick and me. Its funny that after the SCCA bunch of 3 came to NASA we had all these problems. I know personally our complete team has and will always bring more and more drivers to these events. I hope I am wrong about you Jimmy but i have been wrong before.

By the way I did not say Jr is the fastest all I said was he did great against some great drivers out there and no one told him good job. As far as Sunday he did have the fastest time in the rain over Alex, Nick, Selin and all the others and that is the fact. look it up on MyLaps.

Sorry high Chair I am not 15 but in my 40's and this a hobby for me for fun.

Have a great day
Ira Paskow

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Well he was still racing on Sunday and having more contact with cars, so what's to ask? To the other drivers it looks like there were no ramifications for such driving.

Do you remember now? Are you just after Jr like Nick is? Don’t forget he placed 2nd and 3rd and also qualified 1st on Sunday. The Kid can drive. Good luck at the Nationals Jr.

- If I was after Jr. like you say then why did I lift 4 times and give Jr. plenty of room in Turn 7 in the video I posted?

- Let me know when Jr. posts his front video of the Turn 17 contact with me. Highly doubt we will ever see that video or any video of all the other hits.

2017 - 6 Podiums

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Irocket2

Irocket2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Fl
  • Car Number:59
I will ask him to post it and alos post the front view of the hard hit you did to him on turn 7. You can see his head move fast. Lucky he did not get injured when you hit him.

but yes I did pass the first school...lol

Nick you really need to grow up. You can be passed as it was proven. Jr beat you this time, next time you might beat him deal with it. He was all over you on Sat to the point you were holding him back. You are the master of blocking.

other facts.

You did not bother to show up for drivers meeting
Cut in front of everyone on the pace lap because you were too busy out of the car talking at the grid

Confronting another driver instead of taking it up with the race director.
A retaliation hit on another driver which could have lead to a major injury

I say if you do come to the next event drop the attitude and obey the rules.

NASA I dont think needs this.

Ira

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
Obviously the entire 'breathless' group thinks it's forbidden for drivers to talk with each other about what happens on track. I thought the NASA powers-that-be already clued us all in to the fact that it's allowed and perhaps even encouraged.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Obviously the entire 'breathless' group thinks it's forbidden for drivers to talk with each other about what happens on track. I thought the NASA powers-that-be already clued us all in to the fact that it's allowed and perhaps even encouraged.

This is "strange" to me as well, while I wasn't there, don't really even care to get dragged into this train wreck :) it seems that a conversation is viewed as a confrontation under all circumstances? Surely you can have a conversation and bring video to support your case without it being a "confrontation" ?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Confronting another driver instead of taking it up with the race director.

Ira, like other drivers have stated you are way out of your league.

- I did discuss the incident with the race director before I filed any paperwork and before I drove over to discuss the contact with Jr. and Sr. I tried to have a calm conversation with Jr. and Sr. and ended up getting screamed at and cursed at and threatened to be "clipped and spun out the next time", I decided to fill out the paperwork after the failed attempt to discuss the issue with the other driver in a calm manner.

I have been hit many times in the rear bumper, I have been pushed sideways through a turn and through the grass in NASA and SCCA but I NEVER went and talked to the officials crying that somebody bumped me and filed paperwork. The other driver came over to me and APOLOGIZED over and over again FIRST and then we discussed the issue and IT WAS DONE AND OVER. The driver did not make excuses why it happened. Now every race after the contact the other drivers and I joke about it and we have fun.

2017 - 6 Podiums

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I will ask him to post it and alos post the front view of the hard hit you did to him on turn 7. You can see his head move fast. Lucky he did not get injured when you hit him.

Ira

I think you are really stretching the magnitude of the contact at turn 7. This happens all the time in close SM racing. You said you are new in SM, so this may seem strange to you. I have been on peoples bumper and them on mine all the time on a corner exits like this. It's an attempt to not lose time, but giving the car ahead as little as cushion to get away as possible. The pass was made, but you don't want to come off the corner back two car lengths.

Like somebody said way early in this thread, if the car "behind" wanted to take out the car making the pass, it would have been very easy for them to do so. Especially in the wet. If anything, extra care was given in order to not do it.

I have been on someone's bumper before on corner exit and haven't lifted until I see they are starting to track sideways a bit too much for control. In the rain its super easy to send someone around.
  • KentCarter and Jim Drago like this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA