Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:90
Ira in #59 got beat by a chic in a chic's car! LOL

So I don't know how I was blocking you when you finished so many positions behind me.

Saturday race one, I finish 20th overall and you finish 32nd of 33 cars (and I let the entire SM start pass me except for 2 really crappy cars)
Saturday race 2, I finish 11th overall , you did not start or finish? You have no time on MyLaps. Total cars in this race, 27
Sunday Race 1, I finished 6th overall and you finished 16th of 20 total cars.
Sunday, race 2, I did not drive. My coach said it was too dangerous

You got beat by a girl on a novice permit!!!!

scott sanda

scott sanda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Hey Linda you even got in my way and Im slow…lol just playing I wish you have fun too but please move over when I come by and watch the deliberate brake checking. You should be taken out of the race group for safety, you are all over the place and always block lap traffic.

Move over? Sonny boy, it's not up to a slower car to move over. A slower car is supposed to stay on line. It is fundemental to racing that the faster or overtaking car is responsible for "moving".

If someone was brake cheking you all the time, simply move over and go past when they slow down, yes?

This might be the best thread ever....
  • Doug007 likes this

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Move over? Sonny boy, it's not up to a slower car to move over. A slower car is supposed to stay on line. It is fundemental to racing that the faster or overtaking car is responsible for "moving".

If someone was brake cheking you all the time, simply move over and go past when they slow down, yes?

This might be the best thread ever....

I am making some popcorn...I thought this would die yesterday but it is really getting fun.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

You got beat by a girl on a novice permit!!!!

**Snort**

Don't forget, while chained to a stove.
  • AJ Roderick likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

I know some are worried about what threads like this do for the opinions of people that are exploring the possibility of SM racing. As one of those, I'd like to say that the only thing this thread (and many others like it) has taught me is that I won't be taking my car to a Florida race. Meanwhile, my popcorn is about done.

Don't be fooled, the facts are the facts:
  • Sebring Daytona and Homestead are great tracks and the first two are top 10 in the country.
  • Some of the best competition is in FL (and the SE)
  • NASA FL race group entries are the highest in its history and are climbing (Due in large part to the new regime, thanks Jon)
  • SCCA CFL/FL entries are strong as ever
  • There are plenty of drivers down here that do not get involved in needless contact and post race drama.
People love drama and that's what makes it to the forum. What you see in this thread has a common denominator and does not tell the full story of what goes on down here. This situation is a phase that NASA FL has been (and will continue to struggle through) until penalties/probations/license revoking catches up. The behavior of this team is not sustainable, this is all going to come to a head soon. I've been with NASA FL (and now SCCA) for a long time and I don't ever remember their management having to deal with a phenomenon quite like this....they'll figure it out ;)

Cheers!

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
guys( and girls), get your last licks in..
I am going to be closing this thread shortly and and future one that opens in it's place. While good for site traffic, it is detrimental to the class. Besides that , it has become nothing more now than name calling etc.

Jim
  • HoneyBadger - BrianW, Alberto and FTodaro like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56

I was at the racing and would like to give my point of view.

I drove the 59 Miata and was at the race and did see Jr to be faster than Nick and was dogging him the entire race on Sat. Nick did some great blocking and was surprised Jr waited so long to try to pass him. From what I saw Nick tucked in on 17 and Jr went inside and they were side by side. Nick did not attempt to the outside after the apex but instead squeezed jr on the inside and when his car got loose they touched. Either way it was a racing incident with Nick protecting his line. Way to go Jr you had him beat.

How did you see the contact in Turn 17?

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

I think I got the record of the slowest lap time.

...please move over when I come by and watch the deliberate brake checking. You should be taken out of the race group for safety, you are all over the place and always block lap traffic. I have Cameras front rear and sideways now just to watch the SCCA racers.

All and all I ended up finishing like 5th I think.

...Looks like you are going to be my coach for me running at homestead in a few weeks.

Ira #59 Miata

Yep, you sure got the record alright... The time clock didn't even record your laps on Saturday. On Sunday you ran a 3:33.698 in race 1 and a 6:05.048 in race 2, please explain to me how someone could move over for you at that pace? Even chained to a kitchen appliance someone could probably walk the track faster than that.

Not sure who you are but as a driving instructor for many years I'd say that what you need is a new hobby, not a coach.

P.S. You finished 5th because almost everyone left due to tornado warnings and paddock flooding. Don't let it get to your head, sunshine.

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
10, 9, 8, 7, 6,

Alex you crack me up.
5, 4, 3, 2, .....

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Car Number:39

Don't be fooled, the facts are the facts:

• Sebring Daytona and Homestead are great tracks and the first two are top 10 in the country.
  • Some of the best competition is in FL (and the SE)
  • NASA FL race group entries are the highest in its history and are climbing (Due in large part to the new regime, thanks Jon)
  • SCCA CFL/FL entries are strong as ever
  • There are plenty of drivers down here that do not get involved in needless contact and post race drama.
People love drama and that's what makes it to the forum. What you see in this thread has a common denominator and does not tell the full story of what goes on down here. This situation is a phase that NASA FL has been (and will continue to struggle through) until penalties/probations/license revoking catches up. The behavior of this team is not sustainable, this is all going to come to a head soon. I've been with NASA FL (and now SCCA) for a long time and I don't ever remember their management having to deal with a phenomenon quite like this....they'll figure it out ;)

Cheers!

thanks Alex - hope you guys get this sorted

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

I had a blast running in the rain and cant wait till the next NASA event. All the cry babbies stay out we dont need you. Lets have fun and stop complaining. By the way who is this High chair dude that had to start this stupid post? I didnt bother crying on the forum when some of the other Adult drivers hit me all weekend. Those complaining are just a bunch of babies.

Ira

Ira you can stop it before you put yourself in the way of progress as scca did with you is it true that you dindt pass scca driver school hummm you might need more than coaching

did you see what i saw in the the wide screen film epic film showcaseing youg talant amis .

can you please tell me why you did not get your scca drivers permit and nasa gave you one

by the way nasa follows scca rules and you can talk to another after and can you explain what happend when ernie approched another combatant at homested after contact

and please leave the lady alone you have great point about crying

i pick on nick he cant drive
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
How do you fail SCCA driver's school? Even I got through that with my horrible driving and my kitchen appliance.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

I am going to be closing this thread shortly and and future one that opens in it's place. While good for site traffic, it is detrimental to the class. Besides that , it has become nothing more now than name calling etc.

Jim

shame jim this is good for the class makes for good racing true grit does not hurt anything its only name calling you big slice of dry toast sorry internert teret
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42
Jim, I suggest not closing the thread but implement some controls in here.. If someone is going to resort to name calling , throw them in the penalty box for a few weeks..
  • Alberto likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Jim, I suggest not closing the thread but implement some controls in here.. If someone is going to resort to name calling , throw them in the penalty box for a few weeks..

good idea todd

can we throw the clown in for calling me kyle

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

im goining after jim bolemmer

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Jim

this is for jim drago im calling you out

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Number:20
Charbs,
Can you find the Malcolm episode where the family beat up the clowns?

Never mind, here it is.

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Number:20
http://youtu.be/L0-f79dEMws

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:97

I had a blast running in the rain and cant wait till the next NASA event. All the cry babbies stay out we dont need you. Lets have fun and stop complaining. By the way who is this High chair dude that had to start this stupid post? I didnt bother crying on the forum when some of the other Adult drivers hit me all weekend. Those complaining are just a bunch of babies.

Ira

Your right it was a dumb thread! Oh wait! It is so dumb that it generated 8 pages in 24 hrs. One more thing; if you don't know who I am you really are a newbie. I don't hide behind a name as most people know who I am. However, I do use a nickname given to me by fellow drivers that are on here everyday.
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users