Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Not to pour gas on the flames.. But did anyone notice the race time... 30 minutes

Well how much time will it take you to go from 85th to P1? you need more time?

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pmiranda

pmiranda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:TX

You are getting old, that was just last March. The way I remember it, we all sat still like scared little wabbits until Chris Haldeman got on a chair and told the race director (%$#%$^$%#^$#^$#) and then we all started shouting with him. Up to that point the officials gathered together made an absurd decision and never once talked to any of the racers about what options might be available.

I was there and I remember well thinking that there had to be some middle ground between a screaming match and grumbling amongst the drivers. Now is the time to calmly suggest reasonable ways to run a split qually for SM at COTA.

My suggestion would be to get T&S turned on for Friday practice and those times could be used to set the qualifying order on Saturday. Then the always calm and reasonable SM drivers could make a gentleman's agreement to run odd numbers the first 10 minutes of each practice session, and even the last 10. Further, for safety's sake, a gentleman's agreement could be made that only the fastest 50 from practice would stay out for the last 10 minutes of qualifying on the race days.

But perhaps that should be a completely separate thread from complaining about the registration snafu.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Not to pour gas on the flames.. But did anyone notice the race time... 30 minutes

How much do you want to bet 15 min of that will be yellow flag laps. I am re thinking taking my fresh newly wrapped car down to the bumper car fest. Noting like a bunch of guys with limited track time on a fast track and heavy traffic, I know I am usually positive, but I had to work today and I spent the last hr reading all of the days posts. Depressing.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tracy Fowler - OPM

Tracy Fowler - OPM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
Never Mind its already on here
Tracy Fowler
www.OPMAutosprts.com

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

How much do you want to bet 15 min of that will be yellow flag laps. I am re thinking taking my fresh newly wrapped car down to the bumper car fest. Noting like a bunch of guys with limited track time on a fast track and heavy traffic, I know I am usually positive, but I had to work today and I spent the last hr reading all of the days posts. Depressing.

That's why I'm taking a B-spec...I can swerve back and forth from one track edge to the other without hitting anyone, we can go 8 wide into a corner without touching, and qualify in reverse if desired.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

That's why I'm taking a B-spec...I can swerve back and forth from one track edge to the other without hitting anyone, we can go 8 wide into a corner without touching, and qualify in reverse if desired.

I am riding with you. This registration stuff makes my head hurt.

In all seriousness, I was genuinely excited about this event and was probably going to be one of my bigger races this season. I highly doubt half of us are going to get in now that they redo the registration and everyone is geared up ready to go.

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
If I don't make the show, I'm showing up to party!
  • dfuser and pmiranda like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I am riding with you. This registration stuff makes my head hurt.

In all seriousness, I was genuinely excited about this event and was probably going to be one of my bigger races this season. I highly doubt half of us are going to get in now that they redo the registration and everyone is geared up ready to go.

I am afraid you may be right we will have to gather the less fortunate at Atlanta.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
I got a very nice email from LoneStar.

Reg. opens Friday.

Yep... that was all.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92
Hmmm...really?

I'm on the board and have heard NOTHING...

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
What time does it start? Is it going to be on the DLB racing calendar or is there a "special" link we need again?
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

Hmmm...really?

I'm on the board and have heard NOTHING...

Typical.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18
well thats sucks if they open it Friday, I'd be on the road to MSR-Houston to race.

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22

Reg. opens Friday.

Yep... that was all.

So how does Kent get an e-mail but others have not? Just curious not saying Kent is special or anything?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24

Reg. opens Friday.

Yep... that was all.

I haven't seen it, but why would a board member even need to know? I see even his Highness and fellow board dude Mr. SteveRacer knows nothing of this too. Jeez...

Just curious if anyone got the email explaining the registration thing. I was told all of the faux-registered would get that email.

Matt Reynolds

Matt Reynolds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I got that email as well...
BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

So how does Kent get an e-mail but others have not? Just curious not saying Kent is special or anything?

he is special short bus special

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pmiranda

pmiranda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:TX
That's odd... the DLB racing link says "Registration will open Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM EST.
Maybe it's still out of sync with the new plan :-(

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Reg. opens Friday.

Yep... that was all.

This is just Kent playing his gamemanship!

I doubt that LoneStar would be sending out anything nice right now. :whistling:

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18
who did the emails come from? I did not get one

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com