dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:18

The problem apparenetly is the same one we complain about all the time... nasa has made it worse by instructing the pace car to drive so slowly ( 25-30 mph is what I have heard) so in typical fashion, the pole sitter and the guys at the front get hosed, each row jumps the start just a bit more than the one in front of them and before you know it, the guys on the front row are gobbled up by the guys in the 5th and 6th row.
Say what you like about the guys in the SE, the starts we have had and that at the runoffs usually go offwithout a hitch. While they may not be by the 'book' they are fair to all. NASA needs give the pole sitter a litle latitude in order to set the pace of the start on this championship race or the same thing is going to happen today. If we are all being honest with ourselves, most would agree if the start is that slow and you find yourself in row 6, most are guessing at the green and not waiting on the green to fly. The guys on the front row don't have that luxury.

Good luck to all.

Jim

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
And it has been it turns into almost an inverted start by turn one. No sour grapes btw. I just wish he would fix his car and race!!
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I was a sitting duck getting passed yesterday

Bill Agha

SM 18

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Starting in row 3 maybe the ticket to win today.

Bill Agha

SM 18

Jordan Wand

Jordan Wand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:99

Will has next too no real damage!!! Apparently a dented door and a scratch is too much damage!! Maybe he should be in my pit where I'm currently straightening 2 frames and adding many parts so we can race instead of crying and running home too out mommy's because the red carpet got pulled out!!! Real racers fix there shit and move on some people need too relize just because they think there fast or they win at home in there region the rest of the world could care less. Some need too get over there self and learn too race under pressure.

Hey Chris-

I don't know you from Adam, but before you go throwing sh!t, please check your facts. To imply that Will Schrader isn't a "real racer" is absolutely absurd. You might want to do a Google search on things like "multi time 25 Hours of Thunderhill winners" as well "Spec Miata track records Oregon, Washington, California" before you post. And from a character perspective, he has selflessly coached, helped and sweat for more SM racers up and down the west coast than anyone I know.

Again, why the sour grapes?

• Michael Colangelo likes this

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Hey Chris-

I don't know you from Adam, but before you go throwing sh!t, please check your facts. To imply that Will Schrader isn't a "real racer" is absolutely absurd. You might want to do a Google search on things like "multi time 25 Hours of Thunderhill winners" as well "Spec Miata track records Oregon, Washington, California" before you post. And from a character perspective, he has selflessly coached, helped and sweat for more SM racers up and down the west coast than anyone I know.

Again, why the sour grapes?

Read above post!
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

And it has been it turns into almost an inverted start by turn one. No sour grapes btw. I just wish he would fix his car and race!!

Sounds like there are several of you fast guys are right where you want to be today :) I'm hoping your jabs at Will are those between friends and just teasing come ons! If you don't know Will then as others have said your inferences are way out of line and BS.

If NASA is going to threaten the pole sitter with penalties for not doing the start as they want...they should be just as diligent at looking at every row making sure all cars have no more than 3ft apart and in line...especially on a restart!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Grid posted??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

there have been alot of chats about nasa vs... scca.  the talk always seems to insinuate that scca is the wild wild west with street justice...  It is actually the reverse, NASA tries to contol things that should be left to the racer to control, this is major reason why I have gone over tothe dark side :)   let the racers race!!!!!!  hopefully there will be a good start today!!!!

Hille get up on that wheel man!!!!  you can still do it just dig deep, you got the tallent now just hit the streak of luck and you can still get there!  its a long long race at 45 minutes!!!!!!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Duane Polsley

Duane Polsley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:SFR

Grids posted

http://timingscoring...onship grid.pdf

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Sounds like there are several of you fast guys are right where you want to be today :) I'm hoping your jabs at Will are those between friends and just teasing come ons! If you don't know Will then as others have said your inferences are way out of line and BS.

If NASA is going to threaten the pole sitter with penalties for not doing the start as they want...they should be just as diligent at looking at every row making sure all cars have no more than 3ft apart and in line...especially on a restart!

Ron

I can't tell you how many times i have been warned and basically treated like a criminal before teh start  when non the pole. 'if you jump the start , we are black flagging you. blah blah blah'   So the pole sitter is usually scared into submission, his great qualifying and week is basically punished. the guys 3-4 rows back are seldom if ever penalized. That is the problem in a nutshell. now, if on pole, I just roll on the throttle early and ramp it up and hold on the floor.  seldom gets called in and the field seems to get to T1 in an order much closer to the actual qualifying order

Jim 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

Congrats to Kyle Loustaunau winner of today's practice!

http://checkerlap.co...0206c758?sort=2

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Ron I have no problems with Will I've talked too him a few times this week and he is a very nice guy. Just wanted him too be working hard on his car to race instead of quitting. It was a prod to get him working. I was told a long time ago by a very good man and racer too never quit,never pull out and always drive what you got and do the best you can because people are always watching

X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

Starts were addressed at the drivers' meeting this morning.  We've asked for the pace car to be sped up, and perhaps the flag will be at the West track starting stand rather than the East.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44

In response to will being a "cry baby" and the other comments posted here, I do have to chime in and say that Will does more for the local SM field then anyone. More times then I can count has he provided me with fuel, or a take off set of tires, or other odds and ends so I can make the field. He's even handed me the keys to his cars and said "Go race." He's the #1 guy I want to beat but he's also the one guy that spends more time working on everyone else's cars rather then his own.

Add to that, Will's borrowing that car from Sean at Miatacage.com, so it's not like he damaged his own car, he damaged someone else's. I had contact earlier this season while driving another car, and I couldn't race after that. Parked it, packed it up, took it home, done. Looking back, I wouldn't of stayed and raced the next day. Friendships are worth more then a plastic trophy that says you're a big shot.

That said, I really don't have a dog in the fight, but I wish all of the SM drivers best of luck, race clean and tight, and put on a great show!

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Grids posted

http://timingscoring...onship grid.pdf

Well what do you know....#94 on the pole.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

Go Matt!!

• Juan Pineda likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Great racing so far. Really great representation of what makes Spec Miata so challenging and so much fun!

• Juan Pineda likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

WAY TO GO MATT!  You've worked so hard for this...  What a machine you are!!!

Oregon boys show up again!  Good job Sean and Ken!

Old guy rules :D

Congrats Kyle!

• Juan Pineda likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Phenomenal racing guys - you made Spec Miata proud!!! 

PS Drago and DD, we are going to have to add weight to the NA's! :-) 

• Juan Pineda and Ryan Wellman like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users