• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
I don't think we will know the starting order until morning

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Thanks for the updates Justin :thumbsup:

J~

• Killian likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

Friday qual results:

http://checkerlap.co...02795a43?sort=2

Tough crowd. Congrats Bill Agha!

Top 6 are all within 0.2 seconds. Wow is right.

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
That is a major disappointed for Will....just awful. Such a great guy and he certainly was one of the favorites. Glad to see all the Oregon guys staying strong!
  • Juan Pineda likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Good luck tomorrow to all NASA racers. Race hard and keep it clean. We are all watching with baited breath. Have fun guys!!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
Oh and don't quote me on how that incident happened, that's just what I could see from a turn back

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Mixed bag today.  I personally thought the incidents that happend today were just racing incidents...  No one make a bone-head move or over reacted on track, just too many cars racing for the same piece of road.   A few cars were just in the wrong spot and got collected.

Tech continues to go well (IMO).  I screwed up and measured track width wrong, but we used the data we got to look for at variances and outliers therefore not really measuring to the "rule spec".  I had one additional car (99) sent to the Dyno (numbers fit within what was pulled yesterday) and sealed some ECU into the cars.  Post Qal race we checked R.P's and took fuel samples from the top 3 and a few random finishing positions that I decided on last night (not car numbers, finishing position).  Fuel testing takes a bit of time so it was conducted after the track went cold for the day.  I couldn't stick around, the fumes were getting to me so I'll get the results of the test in the morning which is when the Starting grid will be posted.

I keep using the analogy that this Championship Event is like the 25hr of Thunderhill...  Day-One is the first 8hrs, Day-Two is the next 8hrs and Championship Saturday is when the sun comes up and it's time to go racing but it's only for 45min, not 9hrs.

• Juan Pineda likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

John, Thanks for the tech work! Can you give us a HP and torque range for the 99's? We can't really compare vs the 1.6L because the 99 numbers are higher due to the greater weight. Thanks! -Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Will has next too no real damage!!! Apparently a dented door and a scratch is too much damage!! Maybe he should be in my pit where I'm currently straightening 2 frames and adding many parts so we can race instead of crying and running home too out mommy's because the red carpet got pulled out!!! Real racers fix there shit and move on some people need too relize just because they think there fast or they win at home in there region the rest of the world could care less. Some need too get over there self and learn too race under pressure.
  • Charlie Hayes likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Lol
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I'll have to give Chris H props.  Not only was he having to work on his own car, he was fixing several others doing some mighty fine (if not deafening) body work when I rolled up.  Despite all that, he found time to help me try to fix my issues letting me use a cam angle sensor from his motor in Tyler's car. Chris has been a huge help to a large number of people racing this week. :thumbsup:

I'll try to post up some vids in a sec...(they're gigabytes in size and take awhile to upload.)

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

First vid to whet your appetite.  This pretty much sums up my week of trying to make up time in the corners after getting left in every straight.

Mayhem in turn 3 on the last lap coming up...next

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

And the contact in the final lap.  I'm sorry that so many top contenders have taken big hits in the qualifying races and are busy now trying to fix the damage or are out of the championship race.

NASA Utah SM Director

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
How do that many cars find turn 1 together on a single file restart?

Well, apparently now you all have to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are a real racer? I can answer that question real easy...I'm not.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Long, long straight, the draft, lots of (wide) pavement, and one (to two) lap shootout after a yellow at a National Championship.

NASA Utah SM Director

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

I'll have to give Chris H props.  Not only was he having to work on his own car, he was fixing several others doing some mighty fine (if not deafening) body work when I rolled up.  Despite all that, he found time to help me try to fix my issues letting me use a cam angle sensor from his motor in Tyler's car. Chris has been a huge help to a large number of people racing this week. :thumbsup:

I'll try to post up some vids in a sec...(they're gigabytes in size and take awhile to upload.)

Yup

Chris H is one of the REALLY TRUE sportsmen out there, willing to help anyone, even those trying to take his finishing position away.  Over the years his on and off track conduct has earned him a legion of fans. Chris, you have our respect, so now go and kick some ass. GO Chris GO.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

Will has next too no real damage!!! Apparently a dented door and a scratch is too much damage!! Maybe he should be in my pit where I'm currently straightening 2 frames and adding many parts so we can race instead of crying and running home too out mommy's because the red carpet got pulled out!!! Real racers fix there shit and move on some people need too relize just because they think there fast or they win at home in there region the rest of the world could care less. Some need too get over there self and learn too race under pressure.

Why the sour grapes Chris? Something happen between you and Will?  Everyone who knows Will would categorically deny your mischaracterization of him. 

Inquiring minds want to know...

• Jordan Wand and Michael Colangelo like this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Mixed bag today.  I personally thought the incidents that happend today were just racing incidents...  No one make a bone-head move or over reacted on track, just too many cars racing for the same piece of road.   A few cars were just in the wrong spot and got collected.

Tech continues to go well (IMO).  I screwed up and measured track width wrong, but we used the data we got to look for at variances and outliers therefore not really measuring to the "rule spec".  I had one additional car (99) sent to the Dyno (numbers fit within what was pulled yesterday) and sealed some ECU into the cars.  Post Qal race we checked R.P's and took fuel samples from the top 3 and a few random finishing positions that I decided on last night (not car numbers, finishing position).  Fuel testing takes a bit of time so it was conducted after the track went cold for the day.  I couldn't stick around, the fumes were getting to me so I'll get the results of the test in the morning which is when the Starting grid will be posted.

I keep using the analogy that this Championship Event is like the 25hr of Thunderhill...  Day-One is the first 8hrs, Day-Two is the next 8hrs and Championship Saturday is when the sun comes up and it's time to go racing but it's only for 45min, not 9hrs.

Did you use obd2 scanner on dyno to check and see if the timing was modified in 99-05 computers? Anything above 23.5 degrees at WOT, they have been altered.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Well, apparently now you all have to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are a real racer? I can answer that question real easy...I'm not.

The problem apparently is the same one we complain about all the time... nasa has made it worse by instructing the pace car to drive so slowly ( 25-30 mph is what I have heard) so in typical fashion, the pole sitter and the guys at the front get hosed, each row jumps the start just a bit more than the one in front of them and before you know it, the guys on the front row are gobbled up by the guys in the 5th and 6th row.  

Say what you like about the guys in the SE, the starts we have had and that at the runoffs usually go offwithout a hitch. While they may not be by the 'book' they are fair to all. NASA needs give the pole sitter a litle latitude in order to set the pace of the start on this championship race or the same thing is going to happen today. If we are all being honest with ourselves, most would agree if the start is that slow and you find yourself in row 6, most are guessing at the green and not waiting on the green to fly. The guys on the front row don't have that luxury. 

Good luck to all. 

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

25-30?  Wow that's just asking for trouble!

• chris haldeman likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users