• Please log in to reply
856 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Can someone please post a list of each car in the race, their engine builder, and the correct year of the car

MMMkay, I'll get right on that.

It does appear top 5 are VVT cars. (maybe I can get a deal on one of those obsolete '99s)

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

MMMkay, I'll get right on that.

It does appear top 5 are VVT cars. (maybe I can get a deal on one of those obsolete '99s)

Man, that is just a coincidence

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congratulations to Mark, great drive. You put in the work all year and you deserve it! You will represent the class well! Also congratulations to Andrew and Brian on the podium, kyle for such a young guy he did a hell of a job. Congrats also to Tyler and Craig. Congratulations to Dan Tiley for a podium sweep under the hood.

In my case, neither car or driver was very good today. Car was never very good, never really bad.. Just a bit of a handful all the way through.
I had contact with Joey in turn 2, I hate that he couldn't finish his race.. Rather than ride around in p7-10, I just pulled in when I saw Joey was beached and couldn't continue.

There are 9 cars under protest.. All are in tech, heads coming off all nine cars. I think I will be changing my flight plans.
  • pat slattery and B(Kuch)Kucera45 like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26

Congratulations to all!  Great race!   

• Chris Fulton and Sam Barnett like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
Congrats to Drennan, Carbonell, and Ghidinelli!  :clap: That Carbonell-Ghidinelli-Kaiser battle was great to watch! 

Well done to everyone. No yellows, how about that?

Disappointed to see the retirements of Hayes, Jordan, and Drago. 

• Glenn likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Number:94
Mike Collins attempted a lame counter protest on Schrader for "not racing the car as qualified". Baseless, stupid waste of time.
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Ken your facts are a little skewed but don't let those get in the way of a good story. The protest was the exact same he wrote verbatim. The way to get it accepted after the timeline was to challenge the configuration of the car. Will was there when we had the conversation and he offered to take his car apart for the same bond and I said OK... Then he declined.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR

Way to go Drennan! 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sam Barnett

Sam Barnett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Who built the engine in the car that filed the protest on the 9 cars?

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Then he declined.

Meaning he declined to do it on the same bond?  Or declined something else?

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67

Great video coverage for an amateur event. I especially enjoyed the corkscrew camera shots. There were

several "this is not going to end well" moments with passing there, which ended impressively well. 

At least for the battles shown over the video feed, the racing looked aggressive but respectful.

I was curious to see which car Mark was going to drive. The 1.8 he has been driving (95?), I believe,

won a runoffs a few years back (also a Jason Hoover car). Would that have been the first

repeat winning car in SM? 

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Mike Collins attempted a lame counter protest on Schrader for "not racing the car as qualified". Baseless, stupid waste of time.

I'm just trying to follow your thought process on this one.  The guy who group protested 9 cars was protested.  You think that Mike protesting Schrader was a baseless waste of time.  How do you feel about Schrader's group protest?  What is it based on?  

• john mueller and Sam Barnett like this

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
I won provisional head removal regardless of short side upside down bowl of cereal zipper cut.
  • Keith Andrews and MDixon like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I'm just trying to follow your thought process on this one.  The guy who group protested 9 cars was protested.  You think that Mike protesting Schrader was a baseless waste of time.  How do you feel about Schrader's group protest?  What is it based on?  

Those Oregon boys have a funny way of thinking sometimes.  I like them, but they get all aggressive when they are under the microscope...  Maybe all the rain up there has pent-up all their anger.

I mean shit, If I protested nine cars I'd sure as hell be expecting one fired back at me.  I'd probably just take my car to tech and start tearing down on my own just to show I'm legit - but that's just me.

So what was the outcome of Mikes protest on Schrader?  I'm getting random txt's but not sure what to believe.  Someone on the ground needs to chime in here in public.

• Keith Andrews likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Kyle Freiheit

Kyle Freiheit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:8

Those Oregon boys have a funny way of thinking sometimes.  I like them, but they get all aggressive when they are under the microscope...  Maybe all the rain up there has pent-up all their anger.

Dramallama01.jpg

• john mueller, Keith Novak and MPR22 like this

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Nothing came of the protest on Schrader because it wasn't legit. Schrader has been in his pit for 3 hours - released without penalty.
Ken Sutherland

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
"All aggressive when under a microscope"?

Do tell, John.
Ken Sutherland

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

This Runoffs 9 folks protest reading isn't quite as good as the FL flap. The FL players are steering clear at this point. Who was the power man ($$$) behind Will Schrader protest?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

Was a great race to watch. The battle for 2nd was clean and was an incredible show. Congrats to Drennan. That guy can wheel a car, and has worked so hard this season to be up front.

Also want to thank the SM drivers who have helped us this weekend, loaning us some tools so we could tech our car as we're paddocked in T5. 

• john mueller likes this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

"All aggressive when under a microscope"?

Do tell, John.

I think your first post (above) kinda answers the question.

Why was Mikes counter-protest 'lame', 'not legit' or found not to valid?  The way it was worded, no bond, or ran out of time ???  Answer us that?

I just don't understand why Schrader didn't tear down on his own and not worry about the validity of Mike's protest.   Hell, I would have just in the spirit of some of the 'compression-gate' posts one of your fellow Oregon racers said (Sean), and I'm paraphrasing "now, lets go find the bad motors'.  I don't get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users