svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

The coverage on scca.com was really top notch.

Does anyone know if they are going to have the video up for repeat viewing?  Was slammed with work and customers starting on lap 2.  I basically saw the dive bomb into the corkscrew, some real crazy action into turn one with positions 2-4, and some tyler/drago action.

who was the yellow car that seemed to fall back big time at one point?

-Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
I protested Will Schrader with the exact same protest we wrote however it was after the 90 minute window post final qualifying. I used a technicality to get the protest heard.

During the organizing of the hearing both Will and I were at the Stewards trailer. I shared with Will that in his attempt to do a mass protest he should have had his car protested as well. He was not familiar with how that worked. I explained it. He then offered to tear his car down for the same bond and I agreed to pay that bond via a collection from the other 9 cars... Fair is fair... He then declined to tear his car down for the same bond. It was his choice if my protest stand and he tore his car down for the same money or not. He declined so my protest was withdrawn. I'll let his actions speak for his character. In the same situation my car would be volunteered for the same level of scrutiny I was requesting.

Is that clear enough?
  • john mueller, Sam Barnett, David L and 4 others like this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

tumblr_m520z0XJyZ1rquf2k.gif

• john mueller, Glenn, Marc Cefalo and 2 others like this

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I protested Will Schrader with the exact same protest we wrote however it was after the 90 minute window post final qualifying. I used a technicality to get the protest heard.

During the organizing of the hearing both Will and I were at the Stewards trailer. I shared with Will that in his attempt to do a mass protest he should have had his car protested as well. He was not familiar with how that worked. I explained it. He then offered to tear his car down for the same bond and I agreed to pay that bond via a collection from the other 9 cars... Fair is fair... He then declined to tear his car down for the same bond. It was his choice if my protest stand and he tore his car down for the same money or not. He declined so my protest was withdrawn. I'll let his actions speak for his character. In the same situation my car would be volunteered for the same level of scrutiny I was requesting.

Is that clear enough?

Very clear and sounds reasonable up to the point where he declined...

• dmac likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Number:94
Too bad the "technicality" you used was based on a lie. His car was raced as qualified.

Clear enough?
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Number:47

who was the yellow car that seemed to fall back big time at one point?

-Vick

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Number:47
Victor I think it was Joey he missed a shift out of 11 on lap 2 dropped to 9th came back to 6 th when him and drago had their contAct in 2

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

damn right!  

glad to see one of our dyno customers and a fellow Pennsylvanian do so well out there.   :banana:

Great run Tyler!  The live feed was fantastic.  Thank you.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Ken, not sure where you are going with this. I got the hearing. I did not lie. I used a poorly written rule to offer Will the chance to take his car apart. He declined. I could have pursued the "race as qualified " but that wasn't necessary in my opinion.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Drinking sour milk.
  • Mike Collins and Keith Andrews like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

+1.  It was pretty much the polar opposite of the NASA coverage which seemed to consist of a sole camera on the front straight and an announcer who was relegated to pretty much reading lap times.  NASA really needs to take a look at how the Runoffs are covered and step up their game.  Hopefully it'll be better at the Western Champs.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

+1.  It was pretty much the polar opposite of the NASA coverage which seemed to consist of a sole camera on the front straight and an announcer who was relegated to pretty much reading lap times.  NASA really needs to take a look at how the Runoffs are covered and step up their game.  Hopefully it'll be better at the Western Champs.

Todd, sometimes you're a dope.  NASA hired the same folks to stream the Champs for prior years, those were just as good. My guess it was kinda pricy to do TWO championship events for this year.

• Tyler Dahl likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
As usual The Runoffs is a different event. I used to think it was just another big race, but I realize now things occur that mysteriously never happen at any other race (except maybe the Indy 500). Had a medical scare with my father after the race, so I have not had a chance to congratulate or talk to the guys in person.
Mark, Congrats you really deserve this one. Also, way to go to all of the top 5.
Most of the competitors out here have been nothing but nice.
My race started with a really good car for the first 5 laps or so.....then Runoffs things started happening. My car seemed to loose power, the temp dropped to almost 150, and had a couple of misses. After the race the car would not start??? who knows. Right now, the last of my worries. Got a quick reminder about things way more important than racing.
I would like to say the guys I raced around today drove hard but clean and fair. Joey, Drago, and especially Tyler were tough but fair and fun. I think if all would have been perfect I had absolutely nothing for the top 3.
I cant wait to race this track again!
  • john mueller and Armando Ramirez like this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

Todd, sometimes your (sic) a dope.  NASA hired the same folks to stream the Champs for prior years, those were just as good.

Was a little too busy actually racing at last year's Championship to be watching the streaming coverage to compare John(*).  The point is NASA directly competes with the SCCA and in this facet, the SCCA was leaps and bounds better.  How much would it cost to have a racer provide color commentary rather than doing a text-to-speech of Race Monitor?  Stop making excuses and being defensive.  It could have been better and didn't have to cost a fortune.

* I did catch the post-production airing of the race later on satellite which I thought was really well done.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Is that clear enough?

Just like you exploited a "technicality", as you say to get your protest heard, he did the same by following the rules.  If you think that anyone that does a mass protest should go through a tear down for the same thing you are in a much better position than most others here to shepherd that change.  I'd say for the Runoffs (or any other big race) if you protest someone, it should be obligatory for your car to do the same. But the rule doesn't say that.  Worst case he loses a wad of cash and others look at him in a less than favorable light.  But what happens if some of those cars don't pass?  It will be interesting to see the results.

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

I'm driving out to MRLS tomorrow just to spectate.  Started a kickass job this week in the bay area.  Sorry I missed the race today, but I'll come out and watch some racing and meet some folks.  Last weekend, I attended Petit Le Mans, this week the Runoffs.  Life is good.  Oh, and my employer announced a 691 hp car last night.

I'll bring the popcorn. :)

• RussMcB likes this

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88

Drago out w/ issues.  Looks like light pax front damage.

If it took out the turn signal, he lost all his mojo.  :(

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Oh, and my employer announced a 691 hp car last night.

I'll bring the popcorn. :)

Heard on the news about new release, 2 motors and 0 to fast in 3 seconds, correct.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Was Tech completed yesterday?  :noidea:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

Heard on the news about new release, 2 motors and 0 to fast in 3 seconds, correct.

Yep.  I had a chance to drive a single motor version P85+ and it was a rocket.  Much quicker than a stock C6 Vette that I had driven on a track a few weeks earlier.  Handling was ridiculously good with almost no body roll at all.  So, with dual motors, it should be outright insane - all from a sensible sedan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users