Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Congrats to all the drivers that raced this year's runoffs. Wish I could have been there with you. A special congrats to the podium finishers, and Drennan in particular. As I commented many months ago, he has been pursuing this event as a man on a mission. I hope all drivers pass through tech with flying colors.

I also applaud Will for the protest. If you are unhappy with something, you need to speak out. So many of us whine and complain and do nothing to remedy the issue that ails us, and even worse, several have departed this class out of frustration without ever having tried to do something about it. Now here is someone doing something, and he deserves our respect. We will obviously soon find out if his protest has merit, and we will also see how the SCCA is going to rule on this. Either way this will be good for our class and will potentially tighten up another gray area exploit.

Thanks to Jim and Craig for the race reports, and sorry to see Joey exit that way. Not sure what happened to Charlie. Race coverage was great and I had Kim drive the van to the Keys while I watched on the iPad. Just wish Andrew and Brian could have got to Drennan's bumper and made it a race for first, but the race for 2nd, 3rd and 4th was just epic!! Thanks for the entertainment guys. Good hard clean racing. 

• Bruce Wilson, Ron Alan, Keith Novak and 7 others like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

So quite, you can hear a pin drop.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wBa6VlWUBg0

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Amy M

Amy M

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:New York
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

Does anyone know if they are going to have the video up for repeat viewing?  Was slammed with work and customers starting on lap 2.  I basically saw the dive bomb into the corkscrew, some real crazy action into turn one with positions 2-4, and some tyler/drago action.

Anyone have an answer to this yet?  Wondering where folks can stream the SM race if they missed it.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
I respect will for protesting... However he should have protested himself or offered to tear it down for the ones he protested. Makes me wonder what he is hiding that he doesn't want anyone to see???? If you are gonna call others out be sure all your warts are cleaned up.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

The counter attack of Will's character is not right.  When did it become the norm for somebody to protest themselves? Yesterday??

Kangaroo court is in session again :)

• Ron Alan, Keith Novak, Roger Caddell and 1 other like this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

The counter attack of Will's character is not right.  When did it become the norm for somebody to protest themselves? Yesterday??

Kangaroo court is in session again 

It's typically to avoid looking like you are going on a witch hunt and fishing with hopes of a DQ when you protest the top 9 cars to include ones self.  If the protest involved just 1 one car, I view that as not needed.  

But in my view, it is gentlemanly to protest yourself when you throw a net out across 25% of the field.

So his reluctance to accept Mike's offer is being received poorly, right or wrong.  But perception and opinion carry a lot of weight in this world.

Just my opinion for what that is worth.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
I don't have an opinion on Will's protest either way, but I am curious as why he decided to wait until Thursday qual without saying a word about it before. This was not a spur of the moment decision. I am sure sure he and those helping him fund this ($1400 per car) had this planned. Why keep it a secret? Most of the enigines in the top of the field were marked and sealed Tuesday anyway.
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Anyone have an answer to this yet? Wondering where folks can stream the SM race if they missed it.

When GoracingTV covered the event they loaded the video to their website several months later. Last year SpeedcastTV loaded the race to their YouTube channel within a month.
  • Amy M likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
When Will and I talked I shared with him that I supported his protest and had no reservations about using the process to define the current state of engine building. We just differed in opinion on offering his own car up to the same level of scrutiny.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
To those who question the merit of the protest...100% guarantee it was not filed based on speculation! As was the protest filed in Florida...
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the issue at hand was publicly brought up. Any builder who recognized the question at hand more than likely was smart enough to remedy this prior to this weekend. As were those who also made corrections to potential compression issues.

There have been some ugly comments directed at Will...both to his face and behind his back in the paddock. It's to bad this crew member of a certain team had to show his true colors. Doesn't speak well to/of his team.
  • pat slattery likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

To those who question the merit of the protest...100% guarantee it was not filed based on speculation! 

So if I understand you correctly, it is KNOWN that all the protested cars are illegal?  Somebody has some skills, they need to work Tech.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA