• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Is there really much we don't know about what has been proposed? I was under the inpression that it was made pretty clear by Todd some time back. Turn indicator delete (hopefully including headlamp bulb), wrap the plastic intake snorkel, repair and clean up header welds, perhaps within some parameters. No change to flywheel. Am I forgetting anything? I may be, because nothing in there really addresses basic parity as such to the NBs unless you count decreased intake temps late in the race on hot days. I count that as very important, just not sure how to classify it.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Disallow all NB cars for Denny. 

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

I am confident that the changes we have requested will give the A+ prep cars and A+ drivers in 1.6's the opportunity to be on the podium at a Majors at some tracks.  The changes we are talking about are not going to make mid pack 1.6's start winning Majors.  If it did that would be a huge dis-service to the class.  It is going to take a little bit of time to figure out with race results what the changes have done and how it changes the parity.  This is also going to require that A+ cars and A+ drivers show up in 1.6's to compare against the 99-05's to truly see what the changes have done.

Sean

I agree 100% with what you posted.  Unfortunately with the exception of the west coast hot shoes, how many A+ 1.6 with A+ driver are going to race a Major anywhere else in the country.  Without the real world results how will the effectiveness of the changes be evaluated.  So a year goes by and we don't have any data and nothing else happens which may be the right decision.  Just saying, until the fast guys around the country hop in the 1.6 how do you know what you have accomplished? 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Back to the future?  Forward to the past?  Whatever....we've done this before...

http://forum.specmia...781.htmp#000041

In summary, from DaveW:

front subframe, steering rack, and 2 5mm spacers.

You address does not function. I don't know all the parts required, but it's more than the three items ^ mentioned.

Hence the reason for my post, folks require correct info to be informed and make decisions.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

How about this one.
http://forum.specmia...4781;p=0#000007

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I agree 100% with what you posted.  Unfortunately with the exception of the west coast hot shoes, how many A+ 1.6 with A+ driver are going to race a Major anywhere else in the country.  Without the real world results how will the effectiveness of the changes be evaluated.  So a year goes by and we don't have any data and nothing else happens which may be the right decision.  Just saying, until the fast guys around the country hop in the 1.6 how do you know what you have accomplished? 

Maybe you need to represent Texas for a weekend! :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

I fixed mine.  Sorry, my work computer won't let me  cut&paste so I have to retype. 

The list came straight from Dave Wheeler.  No one seems to know the interchangeability of parts as well as he does. 

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian129

Brian129

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Is there really much we don't know about what has been proposed? I was under the inpression that it was made pretty clear by Todd some time back. Turn indicator delete (hopefully including headlamp bulb), wrap the plastic intake snorkel, repair and clean up header welds, perhaps within some parameters. No change to flywheel. Am I forgetting anything? I may be, because nothing in there really addresses basic parity as such to the NBs unless you count decreased intake temps late in the race on hot days. I count that as very important, just not sure how to classify it.

I am wondering with the comment that the changes could make the car an overdog,  and some of the posts from Tom that the header weld clean up might not be the full extent of the changes.  

Of course this is reading through the lines a bit,  so it wont be known until in print 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sorry, my work computer won't let me  cut&paste .

I have the same problem with quotes and pasting.
try clicking the square button in the left corner (in the comment/post box). "BBCode mode" then try.
J~
  • Jim Drago likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

I have the same problem with quotes and pasting.
try clicking the square button in the left corner (in the comment/post box). "BBCode mode" then try.
J~

Thanks for the tip. It just started a few days ago, and hadn't dug into it to figure out why.

-tch

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

How about this one.
http://forum.specmia...4781;p=0#000007

Wow, fascinating read. A real memory jogger. Seems the biggest performance gap between NAs and NBs occurred when the NB was allowed to adjust timing and fuel pressure. Appears the reason for this was because people were going to cheat it up anyway.

CHEAT IT UP ANYWAY.

Nice.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Kind like this too...
http://mazdamotorspo...10001&langId=-1

But if everyone can do it, it makes its more fair.
J~

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Maybe you need to represent Texas for a weekend! :)

Would require me to spend $8,000 to prove Walter Vetter wrong, tempting.

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73

Would require me to spend $8,000 to prove Walter Vetter wrong, tempting.

We can do it for 5000$ 😜
  • Jim Drago likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Wow, fascinating read. A real memory jogger. Seems the biggest performance gap between NAs and NBs occurred when the NB was allowed to adjust timing and fuel pressure. Appears the reason for this was because people were going to cheat it up anyway.

CHEAT IT UP ANYWAY.

Nice.

So, based on history, all we really need to do is get a few 1.6 cars to win at majors using the cheats we want approved as legal. Way more expedient than working through the formal review process.
  • Jason J Ball and MPR22 like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11

MPR, I'll rent you my car for a weekend. Much less than $8K.  Or I'll represent TX if someone will sponsor me..

• Jason J Ball and MPR22 like this
G. Corley

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=9KiovL1Ar7w

J~

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

So, based on history, all we really need to do is get a few 1.6 cars to win at majors using the cheats we want approved as legal. Way more expedient than working through the formal review process.

Hilarious because so true! But only if you can enough people to do them that it's more painful to stop than to approve.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Reading the suspension stuff within the thread from the old site is like reading the suspension up-gradetangent of this thread.

Parts:

Holloway quoted Drago that the following parts are required, front sub-frame, steering rack, spindles and upper control arms. My point being the parts list changes depending on whose parts list one reads.

The best post read of them all was something like, why bring back the compliance fee, to keep the pointy end guys from cheating each other. :rotfl:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

front subframe

upper control arms

spindles

steering rack, Power or manual, Manual racks are very hard to find very costly new. 

tie rods

99 sway bar front. 

rear uprights

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users