Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

its funny to have a bunch of guys who will debate endlessly the specifics of a single 1mm of toe and its effect on handling of a car, hold up there hands and say "the earth system either has to get warmer or colder, it can't do anything else, EVER. the entire thermodynamic system that is the earth can only do one of two things. and if scientists argue that the entire earths thermodynamic system is perhaps a BIT more complex than that, it must mean that they are communists and hate cars"
yup, makes perfect sense. 
if a miata's handling is a complex problem with many trade offs, interaction effects and variables, then wouldn't the entire earths thermodynamic properties maybe ... just maybe ... be more complex than "its get hotter everywhere a uniform amount at a uniform rate?"
crazy, i know. 
BTW, the earth is, on the whole, warming. this does not mean that climate change is in an inaccurate term, or a "hedge" against cooling ... something that is not, and has never actually be predicted. yes, im aware of the right wing's popularizing of the TIME article predicting global cooling in the 1970s. thankfully, TIME, is not a scientific journal, with peer reviewed articles. such an white paper was written recently showing that actually in the 1970s, the majority of climatologists still were predicting warming.
sorry. 
if we can apply science to improve automotive performance, then we can apply science to the climate too. thousands of people every day do. that doesn't make them communists.

A shill for Al Gore bahahahahahahaa

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

And texting is good for you helps with the eye hand coordination!

U wiser folks who text are lazy, you talk to your phone and the phone dose the work. :scratchchin:   

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

U wiser folks who text are lazy, you talk to your phone and the phone dose the work. :scratchchin:

Lol I'm a caveman I use my fingers
  • Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

We would really have news to talk about if they would ever post the press release about the "Gorilla coming back"

as much as spec miata man drama would LOVE to see Gorilla coming back, don't think it's gonna happen.  if it were, they'd have sore fingers from typing long posts after race weekends.......THAT was the heyday of man drama.....

• Mike Collins likes this

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

I'm not sure how global climate change is making the forum less boring. I'm less interested in that, then Danica's left nut.

Betccchhhh, please.  I know you are interested in both my nuts. <3

• Tom Hampton likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

as much as spec miata man drama would LOVE to see Gorilla coming back, don't think it's gonna happen.  if it were, they'd have sore fingers from typing long posts after race weekends.......THAT was the heyday of man drama.....

sealing engines in qualifying was the beginning of the end... haven't seen anyone ( him included)out qualify the field by two seconds with no draft since they started that procedure :)
  • JRHille likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65

Is DDG still around building SM cars? 

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

Old people love the term "Millennial" to justify their incredibly outdated way of thinking.  :optimist:

http://jenkinsracing.com

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Old people love the term "Millennial" to justify their incredibly outdated way of thinking.  :optimist:

"Andddd I would have won that race too! If it wasn't for them meddling kids!!!"

• tylerbrown likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

mil·len·nial
miˈlenēəl/
adjective

1. 1.
    denoting or relating to a period of a thousand years.
    "the current increase in hurricanes is only a small fluctuation within this longer millennial cycle"
  2. 2.
    denoting or relating to an anniversary of a thousand years.
    "the millennial anniversary of Leif Eiriksson's voyage to the New World"
    •  

noun

1. 1.
    a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
    "the industry brims with theories on what makes millennials tick"

Nothing negative here in the definition... SO
        We could add "group that thinks they know it all and have no idea that don't" or "Mom and Dad gave them participation trophies all the time when no other group ever needed them and now they think they are special or better than they are"

FIXED............

• joe varble, Waterboy, Bench Racer and 2 others like this
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Is DDG still around building SM cars?

He is building that race track

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

He is building that race track

Who? What? Where?

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Who? What? Where?

http://www.canaanmot....com/the-track/

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48

Well I guess it figures the "Spec Miata" in the video is a NA 1.8 that magically revs to 7,500. 

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

its funny to have a bunch of guys who will debate endlessly the specifics of a single 1mm of toe and its effect on handling of a car, hold up there hands and say "the earth system either has to get warmer or colder, it can't do anything else, EVER. the entire thermodynamic system that is the earth can only do one of two things. and if scientists argue that the entire earths thermodynamic system is perhaps a BIT more complex than that, it must mean that they are communists and hate cars"

yup, makes perfect sense. 

if a miata's handling is a complex problem with many trade offs, interaction effects and variables, then wouldn't the entire earths thermodynamic properties maybe ... just maybe ... be more complex than "its get hotter everywhere a uniform amount at a uniform rate?"

crazy, i know. 

BTW, the earth is, on the whole, warming. this does not mean that climate change is in an inaccurate term, or a "hedge" against cooling ... something that is not, and has never actually be predicted. yes, im aware of the right wing's popularizing of the TIME article predicting global cooling in the 1970s. thankfully, TIME, is not a scientific journal, with peer reviewed articles. such an white paper was written recently showing that actually in the 1970s, the majority of climatologists still were predicting warming.

sorry. 

if we can apply science to improve automotive performance, then we can apply science to the climate too. thousands of people every day do. that doesn't make them communists. 

https://3kpnuxym9k04...print-chart.jpg

https://upload.wikim...-2013-top40.svg

Consider these two charts simultaneously.  The fastest growing factor in energy consumption and carbon emissions is the 3rd world developing towards the per capita energy usage of the U.S., Canada, EU, Russia, wealthy Middle Eastern countries, etc.

The base energy needs (and "wants") of every first world human exceeds the potential savings of more negligible virtue-signalling activities included at the bottom of the first chart.

Having spent 8 years trying to model complex systems, I'm curious that anyone can have high confidence opinions about the causes of "climate change".  

As a model, it looks to me like this:

A massive spinning ball (Earth) filled with molten iron (lava?), with massive internal friction (Tectonic plates?), magnetically orbiting the world's hottest "space heater" (the Sun), and it has been doing so for 2000 years, or billions of years, depending on which person who has been alive less than 100 years I am listening to?  How am I to model the internal heat source of the Earth?  How do I model the external heat source of the Sun?  How do I model the conductive, convective, and radiant coefficients between the hot spinning ball and hot burning star it is orbiting?

And the oldest semi-reliable measurement of temperature we have are ... what ... about 150 years old?  Taken by guys wearing tophats in London, using mercury thermometers?

In summary, the population growth in the 3rd world, combined with their increased energy "wants", would appear to be at least 2 orders of magnitude greater than anything the 300M people of the U.S. can affect.  Even a full 100% reduction in per capita emissions in the U.S. will be akin to bailing out the Titanic with Solo cups.

Unless, of course, there isn't really a "problem", to begin with.  But if there is a real problem, such a believer should transfer calories and dollars spent on virtue-signaling "conservation", and allocate them to proposals that have a chance of actually solving the problem.  Maybe that is directly replenishing the Ozone layer, or developing CO2-hungry ground cover.  Maybe it is invading Canada, or nuking Asia, or some other means of "population control".  With current technology, electric cars are not much of a solution, to my eye.  

But, like the Horseshit Crisis of 1894, I am optimistic we will solve "climate change".  It would be nice to see more reliable (and less politicized) work done to understand it.  

P.S.  The copy of that first chart that I keep on my office wall has an edit adding the 1+ Million tons of excess emissions caused by Dieselgate.  "Environmentalists" that drive VW/Audi/Porsche or other VAG products is like a Safety Professional riding an ACME Rocket Unicycle, or driving a Spec Miata race with a leather helmet and no belts :) :) :)

• JRHille and Danica Davison like this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

In my database of people who "yell at clouds", those under 28 and those over 70 are about equal, with an approximate 30% failure rate.  But, amongst the SM community, I'm having trouble thinking of someone who yells at clouds more than The Wauwatosa Warbler! "  :)

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

Inferring climate conditions beyond 150 years ago is not difficult. Of course the climate has constantly been changing since the dawn of time, but to some how try to argue that humanity doesn't have any impact and we are simply along for the ride is laughable.

I was more on the conservative side of climate change until I had to work at one of the largest open pit coal mines on Earth. When you see two train loading silos discharging crushed coal at 12,000 tons per hour each, 24 hours a day, and then realize we are literally transporting that coal across the country and lighting it on fire, it's an eye opener.

However, realistically humans are not capable of a unified global solution so the point in arguing about it is completely useless. As usual we hopefully don't go extinct on pure dumb luck.

• Jason J Ball and Michael Novak like this

http://jenkinsracing.com

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

As said best by Sir Alex 'The Cuban Missile' Bolanos:  "Global warming is bullshit. Humans are a pimple on the earth's face, and it will pop us off whenever the hell it wants to."

• Michael Novak likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

As said best by Sir Alex 'The Cuban Missile' Bolanos:  "Global warming is bullshit. Humans are a pimple on the earth's face, and it will pop us off whenever the hell it wants to."

George on the subject

• Johnny D likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Car Year:1990

So if I run toe out all around to counter-act camber thrust and free up the rolling resistance, does that mean I'm environmentally friendly? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users